What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, Utah is starting to fill Nebraska's role quite nicely

i suggest thinking independently instead of having the msm think for you.

Utah is no nebraska
colorado is no byu

there is nothing to hate here with the yewts.
Rumble in the rockies? Really? That's a lame name for square state hate.
The snow war or the powder keg are both better options.

The ucla game had dozens of better story lines for the buffs towards the development of a p12 rivalry. There are more cu fans in attendance in socal, a history with tricky ricky, eb & je were formerly employed by the bruins, and there are player story lines like jfly, cobra kai maiava, and paul richardson that makes ucla a better target for cu animosity. And the true powder blue kicked cu's butt.

A utah-colorado rivalry is contrived, like some seventeenth century indian wedding. It's a forced wedding with an already married woman. The utah fans are in a long term relationship with byu, and three's a crowd. This deseret love/hate triangle will not satisfy the buffs when a couple of hollywood whores are available.

Besides, the ute fans are mostly gracious and friendly, even in defeat.

:wow:

JUDAS PRIEST!?!

Lighten up, Francis. :rolling_eyes:

And furthermore ...

:moon:

:finger2:

:haha:

insanity-wolf-meme-generator-plays-at-utah-breaks-road-losing-streak-83a1f3.jpg

I do have to say I'm quite happy that game between the Pac newbies ended in our favor. We can't have a former BCS school losing to a former non-BCS school in the first newbie Pac 12 game. I didn't realize how important this was in my head until we actually won.

Bullsh*t. We are all @$$holes! We are simultaneously drunken heathens and self-righteous Mormons. Just consult with Wyoming fans and Madrassa in Provo fans and you will learn that. You must hate us! The powers that be have decreed that. Rivalries don't have to form naturally. They can be imposed overnight.

In all seriousness there is no rivalry...yet. There may be one in the future.

Bring on the ass hole attitude already, then. When BYU sez you are a bad boy, that's not saying much, you filthy gentile. Being a bad fanbase in the reflected light of BYU is saying nothing. That's like being a bully at the roller rink.

Listen up, Tacoma. It's not as if the South Park guys were Utes. Those irreverent ass holes are CU's ass holes. 'Merica! **** Yeah. CU makes fun of LDS on cable and on Broadway and earn Tony awards in the process. CU taught America to laugh at Mormons from coast to coast.

When the Muss gets ejected from a home game, come back and talk to us. CU's student section has been there and done that. We were burning couches before West Virgina had dialup internet and CU has been getting tear gassed by cops since before the first gulf war. Does 420 mean anything to ki-yi, or are you still rejoicing about not requiring club membership for good old fashion booze?

On the CU asshole-o-meter, Utah ranks below these D1 teams that CU knows so well.
Texas
Baylor
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Missouri
Oregon
Kansas
Kansas State
Arizona State
Colorado State
Texas A&M
Washington
Arizona

Utah is more sinned against than sinning, like Oklahoma State, Oregon State, or Texas Tech. Your fans are trying too hard and are cute enough to warrant a noogie.

The only teams nicer than Utah would be Cal, Stanford and Iowa State. All three are smarter, though. (caugh Cold Fushion cough)

CU in Boulder next year. We'll treat you right. It's hard to hate a Ute.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Utah's the "worst" fanbase we have to deal with, it re-enforces my belief that we are in the best damn conference possible.

Bring on the ass hole attitude already, then. When BYU sez you are a bad boy, that's not saying much, you filthy gentile. Being a bad fanbase in the reflected light of BYU is saying nothing. That's like being a bully at the roller rink.

Listen up, Tacoma. It's not as if the South Park guys were Utes. Those irreverent ass holes are CU's ass holes. 'Merica! **** Yeah. CU makes fun of LDS on cable and on Broadway and earn Tony awards in the process. CU taught America to laugh at Mormons from coast to coast.

When the Muss gets ejected from a home game, come back and talk to us. CU's student section has been there and done that. We were burning couches before West Virgina had dialup internet and CU has been getting tear gassed by cops since before the first gulf war. Does 420 mean anything to ki-yi, or are you still rejoicing about not requiring club membership for good old fashion booze?

On the CU asshole-o-meter, Utah ranks below these D1 AQ teams that CU knows so well.
Texas
Baylor
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Missouri
Oregon
Kansas
Kansas State
Arizona State
Colorado State
Texas A&M
Washington
Arizona

Utah is more sinned against than sinning, like Oklahoma State, Oregon State, or Texas Tech. Your fans are trying too hard and are cute enough to warrant a noogie.

The only teams nicer than Utah would be Cal, Stanford and Iowa State. All three are smarter, though. (caugh Cold Fushion cough)

CU in Boulder next year. We'll treat you right. It's hard to hate a Ute.

I like the list, but I would swap Baylor and Texas Tech.

You make my point. This isn't a rivalry yet. Depending on the standings at the time there are probably 8 to 10 teams I would root for Colorado against in the PAC. Yeah, yeah, we're supposed to hate you guys. I just don't though. Even your most biting shots at us seem tongue in cheek and I've got a laugh out of many of them. Contrast that with the bland dull humorless haughty garbage we get from the pr*cks from Provostan. I swear I don't even want to play them anymore. It used to be fun. Now I'm just sick of them. I don't care if we go 100-0 against them the next century. I'd rather go 0-0. I just want them to disappear into irrelevance. Thankfully they are headed in that direction.

You make my point. This isn't a rivalry yet. Depending on the standings at the time there are probably 8 to 10 teams I would root for Colorado against in the PAC. Yeah, yeah, we're supposed to hate you guys. I just don't though. Even your most biting shots at us seem tongue in cheek and I've got a laugh out of many of them. Contrast that with the bland dull humorless haughty garbage we get from the pr*cks from Provostan. I swear I don't even want to play them anymore. It used to be fun. Now I'm just sick of them. I don't care if we go 100-0 against them the next century. I'd rather go 0-0. I just want them to disappear into irrelevance. Thankfully they are headed in that direction.

I agree I think it will be a big game every year, however I like Utah. Something about them being the only other BCS team in the Rocky Mountains is cool. I like Utah much more than any of the PAC south teams, and maybe all of the teams. I'll root for UU (stupid) in most games but want to beat your ass every year.

I like the list, but I would swap Baylor and Texas Tech.

That's because you view tech with your filthy Longhorn loving eyes. TTU fans are friendly to Buffs because they are blinded by their hatred for their in state rivals.

So long as there is a Buddy Jones and a Kenneth Star, and a bunch of Baylor sheeple following their every command, Baylor resides above Texas Tech on the CU Asshole-o-meter. FACT!

That's because you view tech with your filthy Longhorn loving eyes. TTU fans are friendly to Buffs because they are blinded by their hatred for their in state rivals.

So long as there is a Buddy Jones and a Kenneth Star, and a bunch of Baylor sheeple following their every command, Baylor resides above Texas Tech on the CU Asshole-o-meter. FACT!

I've lived here too long. I need to find one of those chemical eye wash stations fast!

We agree. Haleluja!

Let's grab a beer and make fun of the sanctimonious foes we love to hate.

I swear I don't even want to play them anymore. It used to be fun. Now I'm just sick of them. I don't care if we go 100-0 against them the next century. I'd rather go 0-0. I just want them to disappear into irrelevance. Thankfully they are headed in that direction.

That reminds me. Sometime during the offseason when we're all very, very bored, we need to discuss CSEwe.... :lol:

i look forward to many years of telling utes that they aren't worthy of being our rival. :lol:

i'm after bigger game than the utah utes.

i look forward to many years of telling utes that they aren't worthy of being our rival. :lol:

i'm after bigger game than the utah utes.

Do you remember when Oklahoma used to be our rivals? That was a rivalry built on respect--not like this silly hate-drven pseudo-rivalry we have with Utah. We're pretty much the only game they care about. They're very, very obsessed with us. They could only wish to have an historically significant program like ours.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go troll some Utah boards and explain how they're beneath CU's attention as a rival.

Do you remember when Oklahoma used to be our rivals? That was a rivalry built on respect--not like this silly hate-drven pseudo-rivalry we have with Utah. We're pretty much the only game they care about. They're very, very obsessed with us. They could only wish to have an historically significant program like ours.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go troll some Utah boards and explain how they're beneath CU's attention as a rival.

exactly. they should learn how to be classy. like us. ask anyone. we're the classiest fans in college football. the utes need to be more like us.

Have at it, Herbie - don't let the 3-star catch you. :lol:

exactly. they should learn how to be classy. like us. ask anyone. we're the classiest fans in college football. the utes need to be more like us.

They can't be like us. They don't have the tradition and they never will. Besides, there's a natural thuggishness that permeates that school, they have no class. I heard at Saturday's game, every car with CU stickers was keyed, and not just a few cases of slashed tires either.

We're so lucky to be like us. We have better fans than Utah.

I agree I think it will be a big game every year, however I like Utah. Something about them being the only other BCS team in the Rocky Mountains is cool. I like Utah much more than any of the PAC south teams, and maybe all of the teams. I'll root for UU (stupid) in most games but want to beat your ass every year.

Yep, that's how I feel about CU too. It could become a heated rivalry but one game wont' do it. If we lose the next two years in a row I reserve the right to start hating your asses though.

Yep, that's how I feel about CU too. It could become a heated rivalry but one game wont' do it. If we lose the next two years in a row I reserve the right to start hating your asses though.

it is really hard to hate Utah right now. I was rooting for you hard when you were the underdogs in your bowl games the past few years and thought you got jobbed hard in the 2005 Fiesta bowl since Pitt was such a weak opponent. I am not always right since I liked Alex Smith a lot and thought he would be a great NFL QB.

it is really hard to hate Utah right now. I was rooting for you hard when you were the underdogs in your bowl games the past few years and thought you got jobbed hard in the 2005 Fiesta bowl since Pitt was such a weak opponent. I am not always right since I liked Alex Smith a lot and thought he would be a great NFL QB.

you bring up a good point, maybe I don't hate Utah cuz I loved rooting for them when they were in the MWC. They used to be my favorite BCS buster. O well if we are in their shoes somehow next season and they beat us to keep us out of the Pac-12 Championship I will have no problem hating them.

Back