What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're back.

FLounder

Most Hated Poster of the Year 2016, 2018, 2022
Club Member
The 2012 season. I love it. CSU should be a warm up game. Sacramento state should be a good game to get some 2nd- string players to get action, and for starters to explode and gain confidence. I think Fresno State could be a toughy, so ill take the safe route with a loss there. Wassou will be much improved, we lose by 10 in Pullman. Leach takes them to a bowl. So we are at 2-2. I think UCLA is the game
that's the 50/50 game. They will be 2-2 with losses to ORST. and Neb. But my almanac predicts a Buffalo sized Blizzard sweeping
through Boulder. We win on a late score. ASU comes in at 1-4. We beat them by 2 scores. Half way through the season we are at
a cool 4-2.

Momentum is with us. But we hit the Iron Curtain. @Oregon @USC and Stanford. Arguably the three best teams in the
Pac-12. We lose to the Ducks and Trojans by a combined 75 points. 4-4 is our record. But on a Saturday night with bowl implications
on the line, the 7-1 Cardinals come to town. This is it, Folsom is shining the skys are clear, the ESPN camera men are cleaning their lenses.Pre-Game, Bohn comes in, he sits down and makes a speech.
"Boys, I hate the color red. Any team with the color red deserves tolose. Over the past century we had a worthy nemesis in Nebraska,
we have moved on. We are supposed to hate Utah. Every one says so. Not me. NOT ME! Utah? They aren't worthy to be our rival.
They don't have tradition of COLORADO! You know who I hate Stanford! Those pricks think they're better then every one else.
Well I got news for you. They aren't.. Did anyof you men attend our basketball games over the past season? If you did then you
would know, only one team beat us twice. Stanford. Don't let them beat you again."

Tony Jones has a game to remember, After the first quarter the score is tied 10-10. The crowd is going crazy. But then the second
quarter hits. And everything goes wrong. We give the ball away 3 times. We go into halftime with the score 27-13. ESPN announcers
are saying the game is over. Embree turns on the commentary in the locker room and doesn't say a word. Analyst say things like
"The Buffs are too young" "They aren't good enough" "This game is over" and then Kirk Herby makes the mistake he says the dreaded words.
"The Buffs had a good season with a young team, They will lose tonight and lose twice more to go 5-7... They will miss out on a bowl."
Embree turns off the tv. The room is total silent. Then EB stands up and says one word... "pray". The official walks in and tells the coaches halftime is over. The football gods heard the prays. Snow. Sleet. Snow. Tony Jones takes over and runs the ball up the middle of the Stanford Defence. We are back in the game going into the 4th quarter. Stanford is winning 30-27. With 10 minutes in the fourth Tony get hit hard. Dirty tackle. No penalty. The crowd goes in an uproar. His night ends with 23 carries for 186 yards and 3 TDs. The game goes in to a stalemate before Stanford takes a punt back to midfield and the Cardinals push for a field goal. 2 minutes to goand we lose the football on a tipped pass. David Shaw has the game in hand, but he wants more. He gets aggresive he wants to win by double digits. 54 seconds to go, Stanford's in the red zone, they throw a post out to a wide out in the endzone, Yuri Wright has him man-on-man and goes up for the jump ball, strips the ball from a receivers hands in mid air, lands down and maintains his footing. He sprints... :48 seconds to go, jukes out a tight end... stiff arms the full back. Kenneth Crawley throws a mean block, spin move off the slot receiver and Yuri has a straight line to the endzone. He walks right in , lays the ball down and goes straight to the espn camera man and puts his gloves on the lense. There are words.
"Tweet this".
The buffs and yuri trend world wide on twitter. The buffs win 34-33. Embree gets his beloved brick. We are one win away from a bowl.
We lose to Arizona the next week in a hard fought game. But RichRods Spread gets the best of our young defence. We contend with Udub but also lose. We go into our last week against Utah. Our "Unworthy Rival". We dominate the #19 Utah Utes and shut down their offence.
We end the season 6-6. With wins over #8 Stanford and #19 Utah. Lets just say we have a good bowl game and a really good recruiting class.
The future looks bright for the buffs. We weathered the storm. We're Back.

good post...I'll buy that for a dollar...

My guess is 5-7 to 7-5, though it could be as bad as 3-9 to 7-5, but I'm hopeful!!!

We won't lose to Fresno or WSU but we won't beat Stanford.

CSU
Sac State
FSU
WSU
ASU
Utah

Good post - but I think we should go beyond 6-6 before we declare 'We're back!'

Well I view it as From around 2006-2011 we were under water "drowning". I think if we can get to 6-6 or 7-5 we would be back at least at sea level breathing.

We will beat:

CSU
Sac St
Wazzu
UCLA
ASU
Arizona
Utah

7 wins. We should beat Fresno St. too, but it is our trap game after 2-0 start (if we can even merit a trap game). Night game on the road is tough though and even at 6:00 PM it will be 90 in Fresno. If we stay healthy I think the UDUB game is winnable as well at home.

Bottom line, a bowl game is a legit possibility.

That sir would be the smoky air from Jacksonville wildfires.

I honestly think we surprise one of the big 3. Idk which one, but CU can usually muster one big upset a year. Last year I think the road win at Utah was our big upset. No one expected it. I dont think it will be oregon due to their speed is just to great for us right now. Even if we did everything right, we just could not keep up with the scoring. That leaves stanford and USC. I think the furd is our best chance, but that game against the University of Spoiled Children will be a huge trap game for them and we could be coming in with a ton of confidence depending on how the previous 6 games shake out.

6-6 is a very realistic goal. but I think 5-7 is more likely. I had been counting WSU as a sure win, but I think leach is going to work his pirate magic sooner than later.

USC's speed is too great for us right now as well. To beat either Oregon or USC this season means scoring at least 35 (probably over 40), on the road no less... ain't happening. Stanford at home without Luck or a sizable speed advantage is a much better shot.

I honestly think we surprise one of the big 3. Idk which one, but CU can usually muster one big upset a year. Last year I think the road win at Utah was our big upset. No one expected it. I dont think it will be oregon due to their speed is just to great for us right now. Even if we did everything right, we just could not keep up with the scoring. That leaves stanford and USC. I think the furd is our best chance, but that game against the University of Spoiled Children will be a huge trap game for them and we could be coming in with a ton of confidence depending on how the previous 6 games shake out.

6-6 is a very realistic goal. but I think 5-7 is more likely. I had been counting WSU as a sure win, but I think leach is going to work his pirate magic sooner than later.

You do realize that Leach's pirate magic never worked against CU don't you?

USC's speed is too great for us right now as well. To beat either Oregon or USC this season means scoring at least 35 (probably over 40), on the road no less... ain't happening. Stanford at home without Luck or a sizable speed advantage is a much better shot.

Ya that was my thinking as well. Its also going to depend on the running game we can create this year. If we can hold the ball for 35-38 minutes we may have a shot against those two. But it would be a HUUUUGGGGEEE upset

But washington state did last year.... Juice box got lucky in those wins in Lubbock. I just dont see it happening

I'm calling BS here. Maybe lucky in win in Lubbock, but in year 1 of D2disaster CU beat the crap of TTech in Boulder (even with BJack at Qback). No luck involved.

Ya that was my thinking as well. Its also going to depend on the running game we can create this year. If we can hold the ball for 35-38 minutes we may have a shot against those two. But it would be a HUUUUGGGGEEE upset

Not about TOP when playing those teams. All about scoring.

That would be a cool outcome to see and having Colorado back would be nice, but please don't use the phrase "We're Back!". It reminds me of what UW fans have been saying for the last 8ish years and I think better of your fanbase then that.

Sir you mistaken. Compare Udub's worst season and our worst season since "05. Yes we went 2-10 in 2006 but we still beat a decent TTU team. When your "Prestigous" team goes a gaudy 0-12. Your football tradition instantly gets tarnished. Its a disgrace to lose every single game in a season. I don't care what school.

Apparently Embree's "Just beat Hawaii" this year is "Just win 6." My how expectations have really lowered, but that's where we are as a program. There's just too many question marks on Offense for me to have any confidence. QB, RB, WR, OL, TE are all big ?'s

I think we are going to see a big difference in this team this year with the change in attitude that Embree and staff are trying to instill in place of the losing attitudes that characterized the Hawkins years. I don't think this team is going to be afraid to go on the road, I don't think this team is going to find creative ways to lose games.

All that said even with much improved recruiting the team still is dealing with the talent deficit left by Hawkins. We can have all the coaching and attitude you want to hope for and that will get us some wins against OOC opponents including Fresno and some wins against the bottom end of the PAC. On the other hand we could play the game of our lives and we still will not have enough talent to have a hope of beating SC, Oregon, and Stanford. We even have a significant talent deficit with schools like Washington but not like the big 3.

I will hope and cheer for wins in every game we play but am not close to expecting us to compete with the top talented teams . . . . . . yet.

Well, I wasn't even alive for our Natty, let alone our Heisman year, so... My defination of being back is were I remember. Winning a consistent 8-10 games a year. And not being the laughing stock of the conference.

Well, I wasn't even alive for our Natty, let alone our Heisman year, so... My defination of being back is were I remember. Winning a consistent 8-10 games a year. And not being the laughing stock of the conference.

My definition of being back would be going 10-2 and being pissed about losing at home to Kansas which "ruined"the season.

Ha ha, love it. Great story!

How do you see the Buffs beating UCLA? Didn't they beat the Buffs 45-3 last year? And that was with the Neuheisel handicap.

I'd say the most vulnerable opponents are WSU, ASU, Arizona, and Utah.

WSU: comparable talent.
ASU: Graham might be a fraud, new qb
Arizona: Comparable talent, last year, new qb
Utah: Compatable talent, last year, home game

Tough ones:

USC: Can't stop Barkley to Woods, Lee, Farmer etc.
Stanford: Too much size across the lineup
Washington: Keith Price
Oregon: Its Oregon.
UCLA: Good coaching, loaded with 4-star players, last year.

Worries:
Does CU have enough meat in the front 7 to stop the run?
Spruce, Mccolough, Canty as starting wideouts.

Ha ha, love it. Great story!

How do you see the Buffs beating UCLA? Didn't they beat the Buffs 45-3 last year? And that was with the Neuheisel handicap.

I'd say the most vulnerable opponents are WSU, ASU, Arizona, and Utah.

WSU: comparable talent.
ASU: Graham might be a fraud, new qb
Arizona: Comparable talent, last year, new qb
Utah: Compatable talent, last year, home game

Tough ones:

USC: Can't stop Barkley to Woods, Lee, Farmer etc.
Stanford: Too much size across the lineup
Washington: Keith Price
Oregon: Its Oregon.
UCLA: Good coaching, loaded with 4-star players, last year.

Worries:
Does CU have enough meat in the front 7 to stop the run?
Spruce, Mccolough, Canty as starting wideouts.

As much as I want to, I can't disagree with any of what you said here.

dammit.

Back