What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're back.

Really? We're going to pin our hopes of a bowl game on an incoming freshman wide receiver? And you feel OK with that?
Dude. you said you couldn't disagree with any of what he said. I pointed out that I could. Who the **** said I was pinning hopes of a bowl game on a frosh WR?

Jesus.

Dude. you said you couldn't disagree with any of what he said. I pointed out that I could. Who the **** said I was pinning hopes of a bowl game on a frosh WR?

Jesus.

Well OK then. I took his post to mean that we're going to have an uphill battle to get to that magic 6 wins that we're all really hoping for. He pointed out that our starters at WR are three guys who, let's be honest, haven't proven anything yet. Your rebuttal was that we have receivers coming in. That's all well and good, but it doesn't really change my outlook much.

Well OK then. I took his post to mean that we're going to have an uphill battle to get to that magic 6 wins that we're all really hoping for. He pointed out that our starters at WR are three guys who, let's be honest, haven't proven anything yet. Your rebuttal was that we have receivers coming in. That's all well and good, but it doesn't really change my outlook much.

Dude, Stanford does something to activate the "flee" reflex of your hind brain.

How does "We're back" and "6-6" in any way belong in the same post?

That's getting to the level of performance that got Barnett fired while he was winning a down Big 12 North in most years.

Well, I wasn't even alive for our Natty, let alone our Heisman year, so... My defination of being back is were I remember. Winning a consistent 8-10 games a year. And not being the laughing stock of the conference.
Damn. I'm old.

Quite possibly the one team in the Pac I want to beat the most, actually. They're tough to compete with. We go after a lot of the same players, but they have a lot more to offer, especially right now, than we do. I hate that, but I also respect the hell out of them. bastards. Smarmy, douchey, nerdy, dancing tree loving dorks.

OK, heres CU's route to a bowl game:

CSU: Win, physically overmatched
Sac St: Win, see above
FSU: Win, gritty CU team pulls out a close game in 4th.
WSU: Buffs are ready, Cougs caughy sleeping.
ASU: QB has a bad game.
Zona: without injured Matt Scott, Zona struggles with wr at qb.
Utah: Yuri Wright returns two punts for TDs.

CU cwins its bowl game and signs the nation's #19 recruiting class.

We need to beat a ranked team this year.

We've had a few years now without pulling off an upset that meant something. That's got to change. Something people aren't expecting like beating Stanford in Boulder or shocking the country with a win at USC or Oregon.

I think I'd rather go 5-7 with a signature win than make a crappy bowl at 6-6 without having one of those Saturdays.

Seriously. We were the brainy & snobby school in the last conference and not so much in the new one.

But jeez. Lets not put Stanford on some pedestal.

CU is better than Stanford in lots of ways.

Better undergraduate college experience. You don't see many #1 party school awards at the farm.
More attractive coeds.
Better access to skiing, biking, mountain climbing and fishing.
Ralphie>Tree
Boulder has more affordable housing (*ha! Feels strange typing that)
black and gold > Cardinal and white
Ski team and cross country teams have more nat'l championships. And same # of football mNCs
Our message boards are more entertaining than theirs.
Our fans travel better.
Our town is cooler.
Palo Alto does not own a glacier.
Our air is cleaner.
Our sky is bluer.
Our craft beers are more abundant.
No way Stanford could have invented South Park.
More dead astronauts.
Tiger Woods and John Elway are crappy husbands because of Stanford.

Okay. I made that last one up. But there must be a correlation between Stanford narcessism and the pursuit of material success and its corresponding toll on providing a nurturing family situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to beat a ranked team this year.

We've had a few years now without pulling off an upset that meant something. That's got to change. Something people aren't expecting like beating Stanford in Boulder or shocking the country with a win at USC or Oregon.

I think I'd rather go 5-7 with a signature win than make a crappy bowl at 6-6 without having one of those Saturdays.

Sounds like a good poll question, 5-7 with the sig win or 6-6 and crappy bowl without sig win.

OK, heres CU's route to a bowl game:

CSU: Win, physically overmatched
Sac St: Win, see above
FSU: Win, gritty CU team pulls out a close game in 4th.
WSU: Buffs are ready, Cougs caughy sleeping.
ASU: QB has a bad game.
Zona: without injured Matt Scott, Zona struggles with wr at qb.
Utah: Yuri Wright returns two punts for TDs.

CU cwins its bowl game and signs the nation's #19 recruiting class.

That's 8 wins. I like it. I'm not sure I believe it, but I hope you're right. The toughest game there is UA, I think. We really killed them last year and I think that left a bit of a mark. They'll be ready this year.

I don't think we will win at Fresno. WSU will also be tough and will be our first true High Octane offence of the year. I think they win good in Pullman. Zona will be tough. And i don't care that we beat Utah last year. I will straight forward in saying they are the better team. Better players, and from an unbiased opinion... A better coach. I think we lose the Utah game. They stop us from our 6th win and ultimately a bowl.

I don't think we will win at Fresno. WSU will also be tough and will be our first true High Octane offence of the year. I think they win good in Pullman. Zona will be tough. And i don't care that we beat Utah last year. I will straight forward in saying they are the better team. Better players, and from an unbiased opinion... A better coach. I think we lose the Utah game. They stop us from our 6th win and ultimately a bowl.

No disrespect to Utah, but I didn't really come away from our game against them feeling like there was much of a talent gap between our two teams, so I wouldn't necessarily concede that they have better players. I am biased, but I also wouldn't necessarily say that they have the better coach. He's certainly more experienced and accomplished, but if they have the better players as you suggest, then wouldn't superior coaching account (at least in part) for the outcome of the game last year?

Starting RB hurt. Starting QB hurt. Starting NG hurt. Starting LG hurt.
2 BCS bowls... 1 perfect season. He's a better coach.
Right now.

Wait. So in your first post you say we're back and win 6 games. In this post you say we don't win 6. What in the flying ****? Make up your damn mind.

And six wins doesn't mean were back. We're not ****ing some low ass school who traditionally doesn't go to bowl games. We're the mother****ing University of Colorado. A top 25 program. 6 wins is a start, but no were not back by winning 6, it's just the first step in being back.

Unsubscribing from thread due to retardation. (no one specific, just the general premise of this thread)

6-6 would prove embree can coach, and establish a clear upward trend. 6-6 in 2012 = 8-4 in 2013 = buffs are back on the scene.

That said, it is hard to see how this team will move the ball consistently with three inexperienced, marginal talents at WR, a first year QB, and a 5' 7" 175 lb RB. Also, does the team even have the bodies to defend the run?? That could be a big problem, haha.

Nobody knows what to expect, so it should be interesting. Yuri Wright is a bigtime talent, so at least he will be fun to watch.

As much as I want to, I can't disagree with any of what you said here.

dammit.

I can. UCLA: Good Coaching? That is HIGHLY debatable. Plus, UCLA will be breaking in a new coaching staff and Folsom is a decent home field advantage. I give the UCLA game a 50/50 chance.

Last edited:
Mora was respected enough to be head coach of two NFL teams. That counts for something. 45-6 last year. UCLA is a lame football brand, but they have alot more talent and experience on the roster than CU.

Mora was respected enough to be head coach of two NFL teams. That counts for something. 45-6 last year. UCLA is a lame football brand, but they have alot more talent and experience on the roster than CU.

Not really. Schools were hardly knocking down doors to get him, including UCLA. And he has been out of the college game for a very long time. Like I said, good coaching is highly debatable. That doesn't mean he sucks. Plus, Embree has a head start on his system being in place. UCLA may have more talent, but they are one of those schools that historically underachieves for whatever reason. I call this game 50/50.

Still unable to explain that UCLA blowout loss last year. That was the worst game we played all season, all things considered.

Not really. Schools were hardly knocking down doors to get him, including UCLA. And he has been out of the college game for a very long time. Like I said, good coaching is highly debatable. That doesn't mean he sucks. Plus, Embree has a head start on his system being in place. UCLA may have more talent, but they are one of those schools that historically underachieves for whatever reason. I call this game 50/50.

One of the difficulties they have is that players are so close to home that they go home on weekends and the team ends up having cliques instead of all being together all the time like they are at CU. They do best as a program when they've got a disciplinarian type as HC.

Still unable to explain that UCLA blowout loss last year. That was the worst game we played all season, all things considered.

(Allegedly)

Veteran players partied for 3 days after beating Arizona on Senior Day. Behaved like they'd won the Superbowl. Completely not ready for UCLA. On the other side, Taylor Embree had his teammates ready to go to play his dad's team and they also had the Pac-12 South on the line. They were ready, we weren't. The score wasn't indicative of how good each team was last year.

Its impossible to predict. CU could certainly beat UCLA. You see a few red flags with CU this year, but I really have no idea what is going to happen. I thought Cal would destroy CU last year. Didn't happen. CU exposed Jeff Tedford as a fake tough guy.

Goddamnit. What the hell has happened to Buff football? I remember when CU was better than Alabam, USC, LSU. CU had one of the three baddest programs in the country, allongside miami and fsu.

Its too easy to blame it all on hawkins. That's pathetic. In my opinion, the two main causes are:

1.) sissification of Boulder in general. Its all marketing and 40 year old chicks pretending to be rock climbers. Boulder was not like this in Mac glory days. Its Disneyland for lesbians. (love you, ellen)

2.) cult of "swag" on campus rather than merit, work. A hip-hop song can only take you so far.

Maybe its something the City Counsel is doing to the water. What the **** do I know.

Back