What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're back.

Goddamnit. What the hell has happened to Buff football? I remember when CU was better than Alabam, USC, LSU. CU had one of the three baddest programs in the country, allongside miami and fsu.

Its too easy to blame it all on hawkins. That's pathetic. In my opinion, the two main causes are:

1.) sissification of Boulder in general. Its all marketing and 40 year old chicks pretending to be rock climbers. Boulder was not like this in Mac glory days. Its Disneyland for lesbians. (love you, ellen)

2.) cult of "swag" on campus rather than merit, work. A hip-hop song can only take you so far.

Maybe its something the City Counsel is doing to the water. What the **** do I know.

No reason to blame the lawyers on this one.

Not really. Schools were hardly knocking down doors to get him, including UCLA. And he has been out of the college game for a very long time. Like I said, good coaching is highly debatable. That doesn't mean he sucks. Plus, Embree has a head start on his system being in place. UCLA may have more talent, but they are one of those schools that historically underachieves for whatever reason. I call this game 50/50.

UCLA is like Notre Dame west, it's ironic that they play each other on a frequent basis because both schools have a long history of having highly ranked recruits play well under expectations.

Last years UCLA was a hard one to explain. UCLA has some talent but they never seem to do anything with it and lose to plenty of schools that have less talent than they do. I would not be at all shocked if CU hit them in the mouth this year and gave them a solid beating. It could go the other way as well but betting on UCLA on a consistent basis is a good way to lose money.

I predict that we will win the Utah game... But i think it will be the most contested games of the year.

I really hope you guys are right and we somehow get at least six wins. I just cannot go that far with a team that will lack explosive plays on offense (barring some big surprises).

Goddamnit. What the hell has happened to Buff football? I remember when CU was better than Alabam, USC, LSU. CU had one of the three baddest programs in the country, allongside miami and fsu.

Its too easy to blame it all on hawkins. That's pathetic. In my opinion, the two main causes are:

1.) sissification of Boulder in general. Its all marketing and 40 year old chicks pretending to be rock climbers. Boulder was not like this in Mac glory days. Its Disneyland for lesbians. (love you, ellen)

2.) cult of "swag" on campus rather than merit, work. A hip-hop song can only take you so far.

Maybe its something the City Counsel is doing to the water. What the **** do I know.

derrrrrrr

Not so fast?

'11 Offense: 19.54 pts/game
'11 Defense: 31.7 pts/game

'11 Offense vs bowl teams*: 15.1 pts/game
'11 Defense vs bowl teams*: 40.1 pts/game

* I included USC in the stats. That's a 25 point disparity against theoretically more talented teams

QB: We lose Hansen and 4 years of starts, and likely replace him with a QB with no college snaps. We return 152 yards (Hirschman) or 1.6% production
RB: We lose a 4 year starter in Rodney Stewart and return 425 yards and 3 TD's between Jones (297) and Ford (128). We return 33.23% production in yards.
WR: We lose our top 3 WR and 111 receptions total, and 15 TD's. We return 30 receptions and 1 TD. So 21.28% receptions returning and 6.67% TD's
TE: 4 year starter in Deehan. Total TE production lost is 26 receptions and 1 TD. We return 1 receptions for 8 yards (Kasa). So we return 3.85% receptions, and 100% TD.

Overall yardage production, we lose 6478 yards and return 1116 yards. We also lose 45 TD's and return 6 TD's. So we return 17.22% in yardage and 12.33% in TD's.

So the loss of PRich was huge, along with basically 4 year starters at QB, RB, and TE. I'm sure we can average more than 19.54 pts/game, at least I hope. I guess Bieniemy have 1 more year of experience as OC under his belt:cry:

Not so fast?

* I included USC in the stats. That's a 25 point disparity against theoretically more talented teams

QB: We lose Hansen and 4 years of starts, and likely replace him with a QB with no college snaps. We return 152 yards (Hirschman) or 1.6% production
RB: We lose a 4 year starter in Rodney Stewart and return 425 yards and 3 TD's between Jones (297) and Ford (128). We return 33.23% production in yards.
WR: We lose our top 3 WR and 111 receptions total, and 15 TD's. We return 30 receptions and 1 TD. So 21.28% receptions returning and 6.67% TD's
TE: 4 year starter in Deehan. Total TE production lost is 26 receptions and 1 TD. We return 1 receptions for 8 yards (Kasa). So we return 3.85% receptions, and 100% TD.

Overall yardage production, we lose 6478 yards and return 1116 yards. We also lose 45 TD's and return 6 TD's. So we return 17.22% in yardage and 12.33% in TD's.

So the loss of PRich was huge, along with basically 4 year starters at QB, RB, and TE. I'm sure we can average more than 19.54 pts/game, at least I hope. I guess Bieniemy have 1 more year of experience as OC under his belt:cry:

This is the nature, and the beauty, of college sports. Someone always steps up. Someone new always emerges.

Not trying to downplay your point - but I think we will be ok.

Not so fast?

Hard to disagree with anything you say here all valid points.

With that in mind.

QB: We lose an experienced QB but a very limited QB. Wood doesn't have experience but he is much more talented,
RB: The position on the field were experience is probably least important. I love Speedy but he was a very limited back. I don't think Tony is a step back from Speedy and in fact in the long run will be a better back (although he may never have the stats since Speedy was all we really had, ToJo will end up sharing the load.
WR: Losing PRich is huge, he was easily our most talented offensive player last year and going into this year. That said he was playing but playing hurt most of last year. TClem picked up much of the slack. This years recievers will be very inexperienced but as a group I think we will be okay.
TE: Again Deehan was a great Buff but didn't do much special on the field. Kasa could be the wildcard, maybe should have been at TE a couple of years ago.

We are losing huge numbers but remember that we are losing huge numbers off a 3 win team. I think guys will step up and with the easier schedule we will see a significant improvement in the W-L column.

Offense is also effected by the effectiveness of the D. We will be dangerously thin in the middle but I think the D will be much better just based on having DBs out there who aren't 4th string WRs and 3rd string converted RBs or DBs who are D2 athletes playing. They will be inexperienced but at least won't get run by even when they know what is coming at them.

Not so fast?

I think people tend to forget that the college football world outside of Colorado is not static. Every team we are playing is dealing with their own graduation/attrition/injuries.

I think people tend to forget that the college football world outside of Colorado is not static. Every team we are playing is dealing with their own graduation/attrition/injuries.

Sure. But you can't ignore the fact last year's "experienced" offense barely scored 2 TD's against bowl teams, while the defense gave up nearly 6 TD's/game. That's a huge disparity. And by the numbers, our offense could be even worse.

Sure. But you can't ignore the fact last year's "experienced" offense barely scored 2 TD's against bowl teams, while the defense gave up nearly 6 TD's/game. That's a huge disparity. And by the numbers, our offense could be even worse.

When the performance is that bad, graduating a lot of guys is a good thing. You can't win with those players.

Back