What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're for real....

Yeah, the fact that he left the game at all was worrisome, the fact that they took away the pads and helmet should scare the **** out of all of us.

Dude had a pass to the endzone that should have been caught.

Had Frazier caught that it may have helped his confidence.

But to me he seems more accurate on long passes vs intermediate throws.
I'll give him that. He had several pretty accurate throws. But under pressure, he caved.

The play he got hurt on, he seemed indecisive between sliding and diving. Instead, he did a tweeter and tweaked his ankle. At least they were looking just above his foot. Maybe he just rolled it and, hopefully, didn't tear something.

Last edited:
Even though we "look better" we still can't play 4 quarters of football. We got 2 wins left against WSU and OSU.
Also someone needs to not let Mac coach when there is 2 minutes left at half or the end of the game.

When all is said and done Michigan may not be a top 5 team but it is reasonable to think they are likely a top 10 team, and we did stand toe to toe with them for well over 1/2 the game.

It's not a moral victory, we could have won and didn't. That's a loss.

It is significant though in that it shows that we are no longer a walk over who good teams can beat without showing up. I saw a P5 team out there today in Buffalo uniforms, something that we couldn't say for about a decade.

.Also someone needs to not let Mac coach when there is 2 minutes left at half or the end of the game.[/QUOTE said:
It isn't funny but that is his coaching style. And his boy Lindgren. Get ahead and immediately play not to lose.

What a great start. What a typical Mac2 finish.

They need 4 more.

ASU, WSU, OSU and who else.

Too bad Montez didn't get more experience in the first two games. But that is a trait of Mac2 and Lindgren as well.

No special teams coach. I thought Mac2 was in charge of the "group coaching consortium" that was responsible for that part of the team? That was a dismal performance by the players and the coaches. The Woolyirenes had already created havoc on special teams with blocking punts etc etc. Figure the ST have the woolyirenes 21 points.

Well on to Duckville.

"I have a dream" speeches are great.

Mac2 the alltime leader in Moral Victories.

Go Buffs

Last edited:
I'll give him that. He had several pretty accurate throws. But under pressure, he caved.

As most RS-Frosh, except a few.

The inability for this staff to get QBs and prepare them is kind of unreal for how long they've been here. A decent to better than decent dual threat QB and this team would be so much better.

As most RS-Frosh, except a few.

The inability for this staff to get QBs and prepare them is kind of unreal for how long they've been here. A decent to better than decent dual threat QB and this team would be so much better.
Well, he's a RS freshman, so he's been here long enough to be more ready than he looked today.

I should probably post this in the Pet Peeves thread. Some of our fans are my pet peeves, some of you can go stick your dick in a light socket. I am going to have to utilize the ignore feature this year. It will get a lot of use when Couch MacIntyre get an extension after the season.

Stop with the narrative about Montez not getting enough playing time up intil now. He went in the second quarter last week. He redshirted last year. Unless it's your opinion that we shouldn't have redshirted him, in which case i think you're nuts.

No ****.

Like more snaps against CSU or Idaho ****ing State was going to prepare him for what he saw today.

coming into a game where you are behind, on the road, against the #4 team in the country... i am not sure the kid should be judged on what we saw. and this idea that he should have seen more snaps before is also bull****. this is a job year for the staff. you play the qb who can win you games now. they aren't playing for next year.

and, the play calling and the pace when montez was in shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. that's what you get when you throw a young and inexperienced qb into a fairly intricate offense on the road against a superior opponent. we don't know if montez is good or bad at this point. what we know for sure is if we want to win this ****ing year, we better pray that a light shines down and miraculously cures sefo. without him, the only bowl we are going to see is tuesday bowling night.

The moral victories made sense 2 seasons ago... when they appeared against last season, it became sad... now it's gotten to the point where it's just hilarious. Thank you sir, we all could use a little more laughter in our lives. Outscored 38-7 over the last 3 quarters #theriseisreal
go **** yourself you **** head... you only show up after a loss... choke on a dick

Last edited:
coming into a game where you are behind, on the road, against the #4 team in the country... i am not sure the kid should be judged on what we saw. and this idea that he should have seen more snaps before is also bull****. this is a job year for the staff. you play the qb who can win you games now. they aren't playing for next year.

and, the play calling and the pace when montez was in shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. that's what you get when you throw a young and inexperienced qb into a fairly intricate offense on the road against a superior opponent. we don't know if montez is good or bad at this point. what we know for sure is if we want to win this ****ing year, we better pray that a light shines down and miraculously cures sefo. without him, the only bowl we are going to see is tuesday bowling night.
Gotta disagree. Unless you are planning on playing your 3rd string QB, the fact that Gehrke ever saw the field against ISU is a joke. If Montez is your QB in waiting (I don't) you do NOT give your 3rd string QB an entire Q against ISU.

Do I think Montez playing another Q against ISU wins us the MI game? No

Do I think Montez playing another Q against ISU could possibly help win us another game later in conference play? Yes

Playing Gehrke for an entire Q was a waste of an entire Q of practice.

We should've upset them. If our punting game was better and Sefo stayed healthy, we win. Our corners are really good at covering, but aren't good with defending the edge run. I hope this loss doesn't hurt our recruiting in any way.

Stop with the narrative about Montez not getting enough playing time up intil now. He went in the second quarter last week. He redshirted last year. Unless it's your opinion that we shouldn't have redshirted him, in which case i think you're nuts.
Exactly. A few snaps in mop up against CSU wasn't going to help him yesterday and nobody in their right mind believes they should have burned his RS last season. Blame the coaches for not recruiting the position well enough, or being able to bring in that one Grad transfer kid from TTU, but it has nothing to do with montez not getting playing time so far.

Exactly. A few snaps in mop up against CSU wasn't going to help him yesterday and nobody in their right mind believes they should have burned his RS last season. Blame the coaches for not recruiting the position well enough, or being able to bring in that one Grad transfer kid from TTU, but it has nothing to do with montez not getting playing time so far.

I blame them for not developing depth.

and Frazer seems as thiugh he has taken a step back. That dude was $ his first year, pretty pedestrian since. as big as he is, he should be moving the ball... and on the blocked punt he should have fallen on ball instead of trying to block a player

Gotta disagree. Unless you are planning on playing your 3rd string QB, the fact that Gehrke ever saw the field against ISU is a joke. If Montez is your QB in waiting (I don't) you do NOT give your 3rd string QB an entire Q against ISU.

Do I think Montez playing another Q against ISU wins us the MI game? No

Do I think Montez playing another Q against ISU could possibly help win us another game later in conference play? Yes

Playing Gehrke for an entire Q was a waste of an entire Q of practice.

Get real. One quarter against ISU isn't going to mean the difference in any games at all. In fact, given the situation we are in now, it's probably a good thing Gherke got a few snaps in against ISU. Chances of him seeing the field in a regular game just improved drastically.

Honestly, people. This narrative about Montez (and Gherke, for that matter) not getting enough playing time in the first two games is absolute rubbish.

Back