What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

we're going to win

While most of the time this is true, CU has had some great players that came to Boulder because of the setting - Kordell Stewart comes to mind- he'd never seen snow before he came to CU. - Also part of the reason Alfred Williams came to CU was to get out of Texas.

CU will has an advantage over other schools with kids that are looking for something different and want to get out of their home town because of the setting and the campus -This is where CU can get recruits from. There are plenty of kids that don't mind going away from home. The main thing that is holding CU back right now is their record. Just look at UT when they were in the SWC - kids were leaving the state left and right to go to other big programs. It wasn't until UT got into the Big XII AND started winning that they started to win the recruiting battles.

Like Bobby Bowden said, "winning is contagious". Put a little bit of money into the facilities and start winning 7-8 games a year for a few years and CU can compete for athletes against anybody. Kids either want to be part of a program that is on the rise or is already dominating.

I agree. CU has that angle, that niche, if you will. Kids who want someting a little different (vs. Lincoln, Norman, Stillwater, any city in Alabama, College Station, Los Angeles, etc.) would love CU. I don't know how deep that "market" is, but CU certainly has it cornered and should exploit it.

And yes, it's all about winning, ultimately. Kids want to play for winners. Nobody (comparatively) wanted to play for UT when we were losing. All of the top players went out of state to Florida schools, CU, Notre Dame and Michigan. Since Mack came he's locked down the borders. Why? His personality and salesmanship, yes, but mainly because he started winning. Snowballs from there.

We suck this year, but we've got the talent to return to winning almost immediatly once we pull our heads out. Talent in the pipeline too.

I don't know you tell me? It's your buddies that want to use a few seasons in the 90's to claim sCUm is one of the reatest programs in college football.

Point out to me where I said they were one of the greatest programs..... that is a subjective argument..... if you want to take the top 25 programs in wins, I believe CU is there. That, in my opinion, makes them a great program. CU has a National Title, so in my opinion, that makes them great program.

Not sure what you are trying to argue here..... good thing is, there is no reason for you to divulge your stupidity after Thanksgiving this year to Buff Boards.... but I have the pleasure of being married to a Michigan grad so I get to keep one eye on your program from afar....

I feel stoopider for even arguing with you.

I don't know, dude. I'm afraid that they have killed it. It's hard for me to get excited over a new coach. I was so pumped when Hawk came in. I feel stupid. Like I was had. What a waste of time and energy.

Back