What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Were you in favor of going for 2 at the end of regulation?

Did you want to go for 2?

• I wanted to go for 2 at the end of regulation

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • I was ok with going to OT, but called for 2 in the 1st OT

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I would have made the same decisions as Mac at the time

Votes: 42 50.6%

• Total voters
Because crazy chit happens in overtime. Unless you have a play that you're extremely confident in running, take the easy points. JMHO.

I think they did have that play and they botched it. :bang:

Wanted 2 in the first OT. We had already missed 3 FG in the game, and our D was not able to stop anything. The longer OT played out the bigger advantage to Cal.

Your defense had given up 52 points or whatever at that time, why put the game in the hand of your defense?

At the end of regulation, I was hoping they'd go for 2. IMO it seems that when you're on the road, that you have to take the opportunity to win while it's there. I feel like OT seems to favor the home team.

Don't get this. If you're in OT, it means their D is just as horrible. And your team CANNOT/WILL NOT score in the red zone, why keep trying to force. The percentage chance that Oliver misses a 4th field goal (take a false start to back up if you need to) vs the chance we punch it in on 4th and inches or a 2 pt conversation is much lower.
Both defenses were playing the same at that point. If they were able to stop us, chances are we'd be able to stop them.

Don't get this. If you're in OT, it means their D is just as horrible. And your team CANNOT/WILL NOT score in the red zone, why keep trying to force. The percentage chance that Oliver misses a 4th field goal (take a false start to back up if you need to) vs the chance we punch it in on 4th and inches or a 2 pt conversation is much lower.
Both defenses were playing the same at that point. If they were able to stop us, chances are we'd be able to stop them.

I think the issue at the end of regulation is that you had their defense reeling. They had no clue where Sefo was going with the ball next.

The time involved with finishing the game, starting the overtime, and playing allowed them to get themselves back together and they stuffed us on the short yardage running plays setting up their win.

Back