What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Westboro Baptist Church to picket CSU graduation

Maybe the Westboro Baptist Church are true heros who sacrifice their good name and reputation to foster bonds between brothers and unite people with a common cause.

post prompted me to look it up myself. I like the footnote here. Who knew the ancient Greeks had their own words for "tops" and "bottoms" in this context?

I looked it up and was surprised to see that he is right.

1 Corintians 6:9-10 And the Lord sayeth to thee, 'No homos go to heaven!"

post prompted me to look it up myself. I like the footnote here. Who knew the ancient Greeks had their own words for "tops" and "bottoms" in this context?

If there was a language that would have words for that, it would figure to be the ancient greeks...

These ****ers threatened to picket at my business partner's son's funeral after the flooding. They can't die soon enough.

They came to Park City to protest something (Sundance I think). Some kids at the high school wrote an article for the local paper that gave a great idea. It pointed out that a large % of their members are from one family, and that family is largely plaintiff attorneys. I guess they make their bank roll by suing cities and individuals that confront them. The kids idea was just pretend they aren't there. I understand this would be very hard if it was your son or daughters funeral, but they have not been back.

I find it funny how agendas have tried to change meaning in the bible. If you look at the King James Version of the passage it is different than newer translations. Also people that try to prove a point with a couple of passages and don't put any context with it.

You know what would be cool? If CU got together and formed a human chain to keep the Westboro Baptist people away from CSU's graduation like the MU folks did when they came to picket something related to Michael Sam. It would do 2 things:

-Piss off Westboro Baptist Church

-REALLY piss off little brother.

I like that idea -- a couple hundred in black and gold singing the CU Fight Song loudly over top of the preaching.
You know what would be cool? If CU got together and formed a human chain to keep the Westboro Baptist people away from CSU's graduation like the MU folks did when they came to picket something related to Michael Sam. It would do 2 things:

CSU might not mind this to much.

At least they will be getting some attention.

This is a good idea....

Like this idea. Not so much to piss off CSU, but because they ARE our little brother. Big brothers pick on little brothers all the time, but woe to the poor schmuck who thinks they can pick on him, too.

I love that attitude! Rep!
Like this idea. Not so much to piss off CSU, but because they ARE our little brother. Big brothers pick on little brothers all the time, but woe to the poor schmuck who thinks they can pick on him, too.

Are you guys crazy? With the Denver media? They would say that we joined with WBB all out of our spite for CSU.

I'm going to assume there is a certain distance that WBC will be required to keep from the graduation? Like at the funerals they protest at?

I'm going to assume there is a certain distance that WBC will be required to keep from the graduation? Like at the funerals they protest at?

I'd be suprised if there's a policy difference between a CSU graduation and a funeral.

EDIT: Please neg rep me if that was a UBL, Hugegroove, and additionally accept my humble apologies.

I'd be suprised if there's a policy difference between a CSU graduation and a funeral.

EDIT: Please neg rep me if that was a UBL, Hugegroove, and additionally accept my humble apologies.

Funny thought,

seriously though I can see a big difference between the two. The CSU graduation is a public event held by a public institution at a public facility. The funeral is normally at least a semi-private event held by a private family and most churches and cemeteries are not publicly owned locations.

You could argue a very different level of expectation of privacy.

Funny thought,

seriously though I can see a big difference between the two. The CSU graduation is a public event held by a public institution at a public facility. The funeral is normally at least a semi-private event held by a private family and most churches and cemeteries are not publicly owned locations.

You could argue a very different level of expectation of privacy.

Speaking as someone who UBL's things at a fairly regular clip, that was awful.

Maybe better is 'What is the difference between a CSU graduation ceremony and a funeral?'

There is a brighter future for the honored person at a funeral!

Back