What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Western Basketball - continuing to debunk eastern bias

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Here are the tourney results for the Mountain & Pacific time zone teams.

Losses:
USC (11) lost to VCU (11) in the play-in game
Utah State (12) lost to Kansas State (5)
UC-Santa Barbara (15) lost to Florida (2)
UNLV (8) lost to Illinois (9)

Wins:
BYU (3) over Wofford (14)
Arizona (5) over Memphis (12)
UCLA (7) over Michigan State (10)
Washington (7) over Georgia (10)
Gonzaga (11) over St. John's (6)

Win & Loss:
San Diego State (2) over Northern Colorado (15)

Tournament Record: 6-5

big-least is gonna get their early wins; just look at the juicy seeds they got.

I hope the lilbig101112 goes down harder than that Debbie girl from Dallas.

Why not? Considering what happened with bid selections this year as CU and St. Mary's got left out in favor of programs like Penn State and UAB.

So now east coast bias is why we got screwed out of a bid? I guess VT must be out west somewhere too. What about USC's bid? Let me guess, that one was because the NCAA felt bad for them after dropping those football sanctions on them. We got screwed out of a bid, no doubt about it, but maybe, just maybe, the reason is the committee simply did a ****** job of picking the best 34 at-large teams (or whatever the exact number is). There doesn't have to be a conspiracy tied to it.

And Penn State's bid was hardly an east-coast thing, they deserved their bid.

let's play it both ways: Villanova is 2-8 in their last 10, yet somehow gets an 8/9 seed.

c'mon?

USC is the team that deserved a seed less than us....and they proved it with a craptastic performance second only to maybe Tennessee's 30 point drubbing. but, i like Beilein so i give some cred there.

let's play it both ways: Villanova is 2-8 in their last 10, yet somehow gets an 8/9 seed.

c'mon?

USC is the team that deserved a seed less than us....and they proved it with a craptastic performance second only to maybe Tennessee's 30 point drubbing. but, i like Beilein so i give some cred there.

Villanova got at least as high as #7 in the polls just past the midway point of the season, so they had a huge buffer to remain a tournament team, and as it turns out it's a good thing they had that much of a buffer because of how they played down the stretch. If a .500 team from the Big 12 gets in (and it should've been 2, obviously), then a team that goes .500 in the Big East is certainly deserving.

Edited the OP to keep it current.

Let's go UCLA. Represent the Pac-12 and the west! Take down the Gators!

UCLA-UF has been tight the whole way. Joshua Smith is a load for UCLA. UCLA with some foul trouble, 2 guys with 4.

Much as I wanted UCLA to win I'm tied for first right now in a pretty large pool and needed FL to get the win since I took them to the Elite Eight.

Florida closed the game really well. No question that Billy Donovan can coach.

Yeah, there's a few of us on AB who remember when that came out. Man, talk about controversy.

Yeah, it's been a while. Last I heard she had moved to Denver, got married and had a kid going to CU. Last name is gruenler or something like that now...

Back