1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WFU AD Denies That Hiring of Bzdelik is "Done Deal"

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by chipwich, Apr 10, 2010.

1. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Athletics Director Ron Wellman said his work is not done in finding a new basketball coach at Wake Forest.
    Wellman denied the validity of a report published on the Web site of the Boulder (Colo.) Daily Camera that it's a done deal that Wake Forest will hire Jeff Bzdelik of Colorado as its coach.

More..

2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Hopefully true, but most likely just AD speak

3. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

What I hate is how everyone jumped on Bdzelick without confirmation of the Camera's secret source. I hope he stays, but I bet it leaves a bad taste in his mouth if he does.

That is BS journalism.

The Denver Post (a sister publication to the Camera) isn't saying anything yet. Do you suppose that's because they can't get confirmation from anyone, so they are waiting for the real story to emerge, whichever way it blows?

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I read Wellman's comments as: "Don't piss on my cornflakes. I'm trying to get this thing signed and get the presser scheduled for Monday."

Hope I'm wrong. But if I am wrong and Bzdelik stays, he needs to quit this active job search he pulls every offseason. We deserve someone who genuinely wants to be here.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

We do?

Junction likes this.
  6. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

This tells you a lot about how we get all bunched up about stories one way or another:

On Coach Search Info, Buyer Beware

Until there's a presser, we just don't know. But right now Wake Forest is denying the Camera's "scoop" by an unnamed source. So who is close enough to Jeff B. that he would confide this secret career move, but enough of a jerk to call the Camera and blow the story? Or is Jeff B. smarter than sharing such sensitive information if he's agree to be silent in some strategic plan with Wellman?
    My two cents is Bdzelik is too smart to have inadvertantly spilled the beans and this is another Camera attempt to take a 50/50 guess and pretend they were "in the know."

Or maybe I'm just pissed off.