What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What a former player told me in the summer of 2007

After one game?

While CU was losing "it's only one game" to CSU, the rest of the conference was steamrolling their respective cupcakes.

Missouri, a team most on board picked CU to "easily beat" this year, beat a team it was not favored against by 20 points.

Look around CFB scoreboards. THe overwhelming majority of BCS schools beat up on their week one cupcakes.

CU lost. Badly.

We even got a spot on the college gameday or whatever "30 second blurbs of teams who were horribly embarrassed on opening day". Guess what? It was a pretty short list.

We shouldve won. I agree its a bad loss. However, everyone's savior MM's team lost to Fresno State and won a Big 12 Championship. We've lost to CSU before. AND, we didnt play cupcake. Northern Iowa is a cupcake. Mountain West is getting a hell of a lot better and I dont think CSU is bad. Ask OU about the Mtn West (dont give me bradford ****...a) still should be more talented b) they were struggling for the whole half that he was in there.)

Ehhhhhh.:boring: Go tell them they're soft. You've seen them one game. As for Matt---okay??? He was good I guess. If having lots of tats makes you not soft, he isnt soft. Im sure hes a good dude, and I have no beef if he was talking about the coach's, if he, LIKE YOU, was referring to the players---he's a d-bag. Like you. :thumbsup:

Your the big bad a$$ who started trashing MM. Go tell them their soft? Go tell MM he's a MF douchebag. :thumbsup:

****, I'll say it, based on Sunday, they are soft. They got ****ing manhandled. And the thing about it is that they didn't fight back....that was tough to watch, and it reflects that they are soft. There was no nasty streak.

I am not pointing to one specific player....but the group as a whole.

And Buff Fanatic, I guarantee you that if MM was there, in that locker room, he would tell it to their face. That's what teammates do (former or otherwise, it doesn't matter)...they tell it like it is. If you don't like it, change it. Hopefully they would get pissed off and ****ing fight back.

I hope that they are pissed off tomorrow night.

I am sick of this ****!!!

Rant over

****, I'll say it, based on Sunday, they are soft. They got ****ing manhandled. And the thing about it is that they didn't fight back....that was tough to watch, and it reflects that they are soft. There was no nasty streak.

I am not pointing to one specific player....but the group as a whole.

And Buff Fanatic, I guarantee you that if MM was there, in that locker room, he would tell it to their face. That's what teammates do (former or otherwise, it doesn't matter)...they tell it like it is. If you don't like it, change it. Hopefully they would get pissed off and ****ing fight back.

I hope that they are pissed off tomorrow night.

I am sick of this ****!!!

Rant over

:yeahthat:

Are they soft or are they completely inexperienced and will be better unbelievably better by week 2? We'll see....I think I know. Theres a HUGE difference.
As for MM, Im sick of talking about him. He was a nice player for us, seems like a cool guy, whatever. I dont care what he would/wouldnt say to who's face and im not talking about fighting him or something, im simply saying it's weak to come after kids that I guarantee are busting their asses as hard/harder than he did. BUSTING their ass. He may not have come after them, Im so ass-whipped by this at this point, I dont care. And theres a huge difference between firing them up and telling them in the locker room, and facebooking a dude to say their soft mother****ers. If I heard about a former linebacker saying I was a soft mother****er when I played, and I worked as hard as these kids are, I'd probably think he's a has-been and should STFU. These kids are putting their heart and souls into this and are talented IMHO. Tired of playing the word police, not my intention. I just think we should give them a couple games, I assure you that their heart and souls are in this.

Are they soft or are they completely inexperienced and will be better unbelievably better by week 2? We'll see....I think I know. Theres a HUGE difference.
As for MM, Im sick of talking about him. He was a nice player for us, seems like a cool guy, whatever. I dont care what he would/wouldnt say to who's face and im not talking about fighting him or something, im simply saying it's weak to come after kids that I guarantee are busting their asses as hard/harder than he did. BUSTING their ass. He may not have come after them, Im so ass-whipped by this at this point, I dont care. And theres a huge difference between firing them up and telling them in the locker room, and facebooking a dude to say their soft mother****ers. If I heard about a former linebacker saying I was a soft mother****er when I played, and I worked as hard as these kids are, I'd probably think he's a has-been and should STFU. These kids are putting their heart and souls into this and are talented IMHO. Tired of playing the word police, not my intention. I just think we should give them a couple games, I assure you that their heart and souls are in this.

I hope that your right and turn things around....I REALLY do. Youth, inexperienced, or soft....it really doesn't matter. All can result in pretty much the same thing. I think that the phrase "playing like a man" is applicable. They need to mature.

I don't disagree that they are working their asses off, I know the drill. But hard work does not equal tough. Some guys, especially young ones, need to get punched in the mouth a couple of times before they respond, or even know how to respond. There is a ton of talent on this team, and a lot of good kids, I think it would great to watch them "grow up" before our eyes this season.

Go kick some ass tomorrow night Buffs!!!

EDIT: One more thing, and not to belabor the MM thing. It isn't about calling anyone out. The point is that they need to demand MORE from each other. That is why former players are so upset, they have been demanding more, and had more demanded of them. There is a level of standard.

Last edited:
I hope that your right and turn things around....I REALLY do. Youth, inexperienced, or soft....it really doesn't matter. All can result in pretty much the same thing. I think that the phrase "playing like a man" is applicable. They need to mature.

I don't disagree that they are working their asses off, I know the drill. But hard work does not equal tough. Some guys, especially young ones, need to get punched in the mouth a couple of times before they respond, or even know how to respond. There is a ton of talent on this team, and a lot of good kids, I think it would great to watch them "grow up" before our eyes this season.

Go kick some ass tomorrow night Buffs!!!

On all of that, sir, we can agree. Well said. :thumbsup:

Back