What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What About Jim Mora Jr ?

I could get into that he was rumored heavily for the Udubb job.

And if he struggles and a reporter asks him about going to a bowl game he can say:

"Whats that - ahh bowl game? Don't talk about - bowl game? You kidding me? Bowl game? I just hope we can win a game! Another game."

And if he struggles and a reporter asks him about going to a bowl game he can say:

"Whats that - ahh bowl game? Don't talk about - bowl game? You kidding me? Bowl game? I just hope we can win a game! Another game."

That was actually his father who did the "Playoffs?!?" rant.

Anyway, I don't like that he doesn't have any college coaching experience except for 1 year as a graduate assistant.

Perhaps, but we'd always fear that he'd bolt for the UDub job when it opens. UW has been a revolving door lately and Sark doesn't look like the answer.

It would definitely make national news and get recruits to take notice. We need that right now.

Odds are he'd keep Prince on the staff, too, and he's one of the few position coaches I like. (Prince was on Mora's Seahawks staff.)

Id like the hire but I dont want to lose another coach to Washington either, it would be just our luck though.

Anyway, I don't like that he doesn't have any college coaching experience except for 1 year as a graduate assistant.

tend to agree about no CFB experience. However, perhaps he's smart enough to acknowledge his shortcomings by hiring a quality, experienced BCS level staff (which was a big fail of the current HC imo).

I also like Mora Jr. I think he'd make a great college football head coach. The lack of college football experience is worrying, but that certainly didn't stop Pete Carroll from being mildly successful. Mora has been around coaching his entire life, so long as he doesn't try to turn his college team into an NFL team, I don't think there will be that big of a problem in his transition.

The worry about him leaving for UW, who cares? Every coach we hire will have some set of schools they'd leave to coach at, unless we hire a CU guy. And even then, ask WVU how that works out sometimes.

I knew that. But like father, like son, right?

Is there any way we can just go without a coach? CU's record is better when the Buffs have had no coach than it is under D2 Danny.

Mora is a jerk and would treat CU as a short pit-stop on his way back to the NFL. No thanks.

Id actually welcome a soundbite like that instead of the crap we get weekly for the last 5 years.

:lol: thanks for the link.

Holy ****. Talk about a guy on the defensive. I mean I guess he's taking a lot of **** for Vick suddenly being a decent throwing QB now? But god damn, talk about being a dick, you weren't kidding.

I am going to side with Mora on this.... this interviewer was a putz and asked him 2 stupid questions....

The interviewer asked MORA if he would still be coach of the Falcons if Vick was as good as he is today.... The interviewer was being an *****.

I am going to side with Mora on this.... this interviewer was a putz and asked him 2 stupid questions....

The interviewer asked MORA if he would still be coach of the Falcons if Vick was as good as he is today.... The interviewer was being an *****.

Really?! I suppose the first question was kind of lame, but he didn't ask it in a dick kind of way. Then the best part was when he asked him how fans should feel and Mora just didn't give a **** at that point. I've heard the booing question about Donovan in Philly like 15 times on ESPN and nobody ever responded in that way. It sounded like he woke Mora up before his cup of coffee and was just pissed as ****. I'm usually all for people saying what they think, but on a question like that I think you could answer it a little better. I can't even remember where I've seen that interviewer before on ESPN, it just might have been his first interview.

:lol: thanks for the link.

Holy ****. Talk about a guy on the defensive. I mean I guess he's taking a lot of **** for Vick suddenly being a decent throwing QB now? But god damn, talk about being a dick, you weren't kidding.

Completely agree. Maybe he was having a bad day but his judgement seems a bit flawed. Evidence the moronic statement in Seattle when he was the coach in Atl and this interview. Not sure I could get on board with this one. Bring on Les if not Mac

Is there any way we can just go without a coach? CU's record is better when the Buffs have had no coach than it is under D2 Danny.
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.

It wasn't the most eloquently done interview ever, but Mora is classless. And he obviously would leave CU the instant the UW job opened up. Not to mention, I don't exactly recall him having great success anywhere. He is 31-33 as a headcoach in the NFL and hasn't coached in college in my lifetime.

I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.
Come on! This is my best post ever, on any board. Where is the love? This is funny.

Really?! I suppose the first question was kind of lame, but he didn't ask it in a dick kind of way. Then the best part was when he asked him how fans should feel and Mora just didn't give a **** at that point. I've heard the booing question about Donovan in Philly like 15 times on ESPN and nobody ever responded in that way. It sounded like he woke Mora up before his cup of coffee and was just pissed as ****. I'm usually all for people saying what they think, but on a question like that I think you could answer it a little better. I can't even remember where I've seen that interviewer before on ESPN, it just might have been his first interview.

where are all the apologies by the way when Donovan was cheered?

especially Jemele Hill..... I don't think that woman knows what a fact is other than the fact that she has a loud fing mouth.

Just because I sided with Mora on this question doesn't mean I think he is a great guy....

he is kind of a jackass.... but this interviewer was being a dick....

When I think of Jim Mora Jr., I think of Charlie Weiss and Bill Callahan. In another words, no, I don't want him.

It was Doug Gotleib he went off on and Gotleib deserved it. Doug is a legend in his own mind and thinks he's an investigative talk show host. He's an arrogant POS who should get treated like this more often.

Back