What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What are the top 5 college football teams/schools/fanbases you most love to hate?

I do understand the fair trade issue. And yes, it's an up hill battle and it's complicated. I'm curious what sports apparel company's you consider good stewards on the fair trade front.

None of them since Nau went out of business, actually. Nike has a few more resources to throw at their lobby then the others, though. And keep in mind that CU is a Nike school and we have a second tier relationship with them to the tune of $18 million. Eugene is tracktown and all, but Nike's target demographic lives in a much higher density in Boulder than it does in Eugene.

But all of that misses the point.

Our sports programs represent our school and community (often poorly, but the "who" question is seldom in doubt). Whom do your sports programs represent?

CornWorld unless we count the morons in allbuffs that have been here way too long thinking they are great minds.

The statement that was completely misaligned with my point?

The Ducks are a merchandising arm of Nike, and somewhat responsible for pushing college football further down a path with which I'm increasingly uncomfortable. At no point did I request a history lesson of Coach Brooks. I lived there during that era, I'm well aware of U of O's slow grind from futility. It seems like you had that response on auto-dial, and wanted to pull it out whether not it was quite apt.

When they start winning a few more games this guy will be less of a d**k.

None of them since Nau went out of business, actually. Nike has a few more resources to throw at their lobby then the others, though. And keep in mind that CU is a Nike school and we have a second tier relationship with them to the tune of $18 million. Eugene is tracktown and all, but Nike's target demographic lives in a much higher density in Boulder than it does in Eugene.

Our sports programs represent our school and community (often poorly, but the "who" question is seldom in doubt). Whom do your sports programs represent?

You've spent how much time in Eugene, if any? And that qualifies you to make blanket, uninformed statements about the school and community? You know not of what you speak. I think you mentioned something about your program taking somewhere to the tune of $18 million dollars from Nike. Return the money and then spout the opinions. They might be a little more valid then.

Last edited:

They represent the University of Oregon. It's that simple.

When they start winning a few more games this guy will be less of a d**k.

I'm not sure what you read in my statement that led you to that conclusion.

You've spent how much time in Eugene, if any? And that qualifies you to make blanket, uninformed statements about the school and community? You know not of what you speak. I think you mentioned something about your program taking somewhere to the tune of $18 million dollars from Nike. Return the money and then spout the opinions. They might be a little more valid then.

Born and raised in Eugene. Graduated from Sheldon. My family still lives there--many graduated from the U of O. I feel pretty qualified to speak on the matter. Get together for a beer around Christmas?

They represent the University of Oregon. It's that simple.

That's not a shared perception.

I'm not sure what you read in my statement that led you to that conclusion.

Born and raised in Eugene. Graduated from Sheldon. My family still lives there--many graduated from the U of O. I feel pretty qualified to speak on the matter. Get together for a beer around Christmas?

That's not a shared perception.
I want to be there?

UO fans are sort of like a rich man's (truly) KSU from the late 90's. all of a sudden, they invented football. NU are predictable. delusional to the core but that's their "thing".

i find Big Ten fans pretty boorish as a group but nice enough in person.

ATM, Baylor, Cal. LSU, been to a couple Sugar Bowls and wasn't a fan....up close in person. about 15% were the greatest, most generous peeps ever. the other 85% was a cautionary tale imo. spitting at Illinois and OU fans on Bourbon Street seemed unnecessary to me. piss balloon bombs are so much more clever, have a kind of elan.

Last edited:
Back