What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What coaches won't make it through the season, who gets fired after?

CU had a chance to get Pelini, and I took some flack on allbuffs because I wanted him. Who cares if he's got a bad temper. Guy is one of the best defensive coaches in the country. We took Hawkins instesd of him, and Bo helped LSU win a national championship as DC. I'd take him in a heartbeat over Embree.

I don't think Pelini would have lasted in Boulder, just doesn't have the media skills or the personality. That said as big a jerk as he is he is all about winning. At worst he would have left CU in a lot better shape for the coach following him.

Pac-12 coaches in a mess of hot water this year. Who's on the chopping block?

Stoops
Erickson
Neuheisel
(South division, maybe conference as a whole gonna look weak this year)
Riley
Tedford
Kelly, if falling out of NCAA compliance favor

Paul Wulff is 2-0. EXTENSION!

Jon Embree (joking) (kind of). Seriously though if we lose to CSU he can walk back to Washington DC.

Stupid ass comment. If we lose to CSU I'll be pissed, but in no way shape or form would CSU be a cause for firing. Or should you only be joking, kind of. I hate CSU but CSU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Montana State x100000. And that dude got 5 years after that. It takes time to rebuild, and I see positive signs... if you don't well quite frankly you don't know ****.

I see positive signs... if you don't well quite frankly you don't know ****.

Hmm, and just what are these positve signs that you see? The 12 penalites that we took today? The complete absence of a run game (our self declared identidy)? What I see is a team that looks exactly like a Hawk coach team and a team that is 0-2 with both loses coming to good but beatable opponents.

Hmm, and just what are these positve signs that you see? The 12 penalites that we took today? The complete absence of a run game (our self declared identidy)? What I see is a team that looks exactly like a Hawk coach team and a team that is 0-2 with both loses coming to good but beatable opponents.
Wow, just wow. Did you go to the game or were you one of those students who just use the game to get ****ed up?

You obviously don't know **** about football. This is almost not worth a response, but I feel the need to educate you. A Hawk led team wouldve folded when down 16-6. A Hawk led team would not have given the ball to their playmaker (Richardson today obviously) the way we did today. A Hawk led team would not have competed and shown the intensity we did today. Embree has what 4 or 5 kids HE recruited playing? Embree is trying to change a culture of losing and you expect that to happen overnight? The team has little talent (the best recruits of the Hawk era (he recruited fairly well to be fair) have left the program, been injured, etc), little experience winning, new staff, new schemes, new attitude, etc. And is competing better than they have before and you see a team that looks EXACTLY like a Hawk coached team? So you see that team we saw today losing to Montana state? You see that team we saw today getting killed by Toledo on national TV? You see that team we saw today getting killed by Mizzou 5 years in a row? You are an idot. That team looks far from a Hawk led team, despite the fact that 75% of the players are Hawk players.

You obviously don't know **** about football. This is almost not worth a response, but I feel the need to educate you. A Hawk led team wouldve folded when down 16-6. A Hawk led team would not have given the ball to their playmaker (Richardson today obviously) the way we did today. A Hawk led team would not have competed and shown the intensity we did today. Embree has what 4 or 5 kids HE recruited playing? Embree is trying to change a culture of losing and you expect that to happen overnight? The team has little talent (the best recruits of the Hawk era (he recruited fairly well to be fair) have left the program, been injured, etc), little experience winning, new staff, new schemes, new attitude, etc. And is competing better than they have before and you see a team that looks EXACTLY like a Hawk coached team? So you see that team we saw today losing to Montana state? You see that team we saw today getting killed by Toledo on national TV? You see that team we saw today getting killed by Mizzou 5 years in a row? You are an idot. That team looks far from a Hawk led team, despite the fact that 75% of the players are Hawk players.

This is just a big flaming pile of assumptions and excuses. There are no "positves" here.

And for the record we were down 10 pts to Georgia and Hawaii last year and came back to win those games so I don't know how you can claim that a Hawk team would have folded down by 10. How did Embree's comeback work out today?

This is just a big flaming pile of assumptions and excuses. There are no "positves" here.

And for the record we were down 10 pts to Georgia and Hawaii last year and came back to win those games so I don't know how you can claim that a Hawk team would have folded down by 10. How did Embree's comeback work out today?
Seriously, just shut the **** up. If you can't take any positives away from this game, you've got a problem.

Sorry, forgot we played AT hawaii, first game with a new coach, etc... eh nvm, yeah youre right fire embree. Hire Belichick

Seriously, just shut the **** up. If you can't take any positives away from this game, you've got a problem.

I can take plenty of positives away from this game but I could take positives away from plenty of games from the last five years as well. What we're discussing is positives of the Hawk era vs the (brief) Embree era and so far I dont see any.

Sorry, forgot we played AT hawaii, first game with a new coach, etc... eh nvm, yeah youre right fire embree. Hire Belichick

You say that i'm right sarcastically and yet you didn't try to rebut what I wrote so i'll take that as a sign that i'm in fact right (not about Embree but about your post being a flaming pile of assumptions (that you cant back up) and excuses).

I can take plenty of positives away from this game but I could take positives away from plenty of games from the last five years as well. What we're discussing is positives of the Hawk era vs the (brief) Embree era and so far I dont see any.
Right....you did go to the game, right?

As an outsider I can't see why Georgia would be dumb enough to fire Richt, he is the best thing they have had since Dooley. I can possibly see him getting an ultimatum to fire Mike Bobo or find himself on thin ice but Georgia really needs to re-evaluate their expectations if they think Richt isn't living up to their standards.

You say that i'm right sarcastically and yet you didn't try to rebut what I wrote so i'll take that as a sign that i'm in fact right (not about Embree but about your post being a flaming pile of assumptions (that you cant back up) and excuses).

No there's much I can rebut... but lets start with you. Oh smart one. Tell me exactly where you think our coaches failed? Being 19 or so I can understand this may be some of the best you've seen, but trust me... thats not CU football. What was so wrong with our coaches today? Give me examples and I (plus 95% of allbuffs) will rebut your stupid ass comments.

Ya I was there. I was the guy in the student section wearing the yellow shirt with his d*ck in your mom's mouth. I guess that doesn't narrow it down much, that description would apply to many.
So unoriginal.

Quit ****ing up our board with your stupid bs. Somebody on every board brings it down some, no ****ing surprise it's you on Allbuffs.

As an outsider I can't see why Georgia would be dumb enough to fire Richt, he is the best thing they have had since Dooley. I can possibly see him getting an ultimatum to fire Mike Bobo or find himself on thin ice but Georgia really needs to re-evaluate their expectations if they think Richt isn't living up to their standards.

UGA is soft. No physical team fears playing them anymore. What he did ten years is super but he getting paid to win today. It doesn't make sense but they lost their swagger. I hope UGA gives him a lifetime contract.

I like this post. You guys were quitters under Hawk the same way we were quitters under Shula. CMS was 1-20 in games he was behind at the beginning of the fourth quarter. I bet your stat would be close. The Xs and Os are important but your boys need to know they can compete and win. I didn't see the game but read a few articles about it [not your bellyaching] and your guys did not quit. Don't expect miracles this first year and the attitude of the players is as important as the wins this year.

i don't think the team/players ever really "quit" with Hawkins...the kids always played hard for Dan.....they just weren't very good and the coaches were outclassed by "this is the Big XII" opposing staffs.

i don't think the team/players ever really "quit" with Hawkins...the kids always played hard for Dan.....they just weren't very good and the coaches were outclassed by "this is the Big XII" opposing staffs.

I don't think the players were quiters but under Hawk the team developed a "How are we going to lose this time?" mentality. They were physically there but mentally and emotionally they expected to lose and did.

This team showed a lot of heart yesterday and played like they thought winning was possible. They still didn't play like they expected to win but they didn't drop into the how are we going to lose mentality.

Hawk would have found some excuse to park PRich and Hansen on the bench and play a walk-on WR and a midget QB.

We have played two opponents who were beatable and in the future we need to win games like these. At the same time we played two teams that reasonably expected to beat us based on the talent we put on the field and our recent past history. When it came down to the end, the mental/emotional difference showed. That is the hardest thing for a coach to turn around.

Back