1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What constitues "A booster?" What constitutes "A booster with infuence?"

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Nov 13, 2010.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I mean, I could donate a buck and, technically, be a booster. What if I donate $500? I'd expect that I'd be appreciated a little. But not much. So, to have influence to the point that the AD would give a **** about what you think, what would it take? $10K? $100K +?

2. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

3. colobuffs

colobuffs New Member

Email Bohn and he will tell ya!!

4. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

$50-100k per year

5. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

bull****! i'm worth more than that!

6. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

What is a booster.

CU Compliance wrote a whole chapter on it.

ANY donation counts. In "the scandal that shall not be named" one person once purchased a $25 ticket to an event to support one athletic team and that purchase qualified the individual as a booster - forever.

[FONT=Cambria, serif]Am I booster/donor?[/FONT] [FONT=Cambria, serif]

Q: What does it mean to be a "booster/donor" of CU athletics?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif] A booster/donor is someone who is a representative of the institution's athletics interests. A booster/donor must abide by pertinent NCAA legislation. If a booster/donor does not abide by NCAA rules, student-athletes' future eligibility may be jeopardized, and any violations may result in severe punishment from the NCAA.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif] Q: Am I considered a representative of CU's athletics interests (a "booster/donor")?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif] A booster/donor is a person who:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Cambria, serif]Is a member of an organization that promotes CU's athletics interests, such as the Buff Club, or has ever belonged to such a club.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Cambria, serif]Has donated to the Athletics Department or to a CU booster club.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Cambria, serif]Has ever purchased or held season tickets for any sport.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Cambria, serif]Has assisted or is assisting in the recruitment of a student-athlete in any way.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Cambria, serif]Has assisted or is assisting in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Cambria, serif]Is a former student-athlete.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]Remember, once you are a representative of CU’s athletics interests, you forever maintain this status. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif] Q: What if I don't currently have season tickets or belong to the Buff Club, but I have in the past?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif] A person becomes a booster/donor once they meet one of the above conditions, and that distinction always stays with the person.[/FONT]​

7. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

wow, that sh!t follows you like herpes......

8. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

That sort of describes every member of allbuffs...

9. AlferdJasper

There was actually a point when I read that a few years back and wondered whether or not I qualified. Since I have so much contact with high school students and athletes - mainly through volunteer work and organizations - I just went right ahead and made a donation to CU. Figured it was better to know for sure I WAS a booster and follow the rules from that point on, than to be in a gray area and screw some kid's chances inadvertantly.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

They need a rule like golf. You know, where, if you are a pro, you can get your amature status back.

11. AlferdJasper

Why, you give some money to Cam Newton we don't know about?