What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What do we want to see out of San Jose State this year?

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
Do we want them to fall back to earth to show that Mac and staff were the main reason they were successful? Or..
Do we want them to compete for 8 or so wins to show that Mac built a quality program/talent?

We certainly saw Boise State reach new heights after Hawkins left

I think we want to see them succeed, as that would show MikMac built a program, not flash in the pan.

D II was addition by subtraction for Boise, and a comlpete nepotistic catastrpophe for Boulder. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Bowl game the next two years. Important to me to see that the right kind of player was recruited there and can sustain the jump in competition from the WAC to the MWC. Especially would like to see what the returning defense can do against MWC offenses. If they prove to be a relative strength against BSU, SDSU, Nevada, and Fresno instead of folding like the Embree defenses would then I would be confident that the defensive players Mac is now recruiting to Boulder have the skill set to make us competitive here as well.

I don't think we care what San Jose St does this year as long as the Buffs are getting better.

^^^ this. To many variables in college football to make any really valuable correlations.

No way to tell. Not much staff left, no idea if a good staff was hired or not. Not like Boise where the brains stayed behind, and kept most of the good coaches. Don't think you can tell much by what phappens from here on out. new coaches might be goo, or maybe cant coach up talent or make in game adjustments. I think looking at them and trying to draw any correlation as to what MM2 does here is reading the tea leaves a bit too close.

No way to tell. Not much staff left, no idea if a good staff was hired or not. Not like Boise where the brains stayed behind, and kept most of the good coaches. Don't think you can tell much by what phappens from here on out. new coaches might be goo, or maybe cant coach up talent or make in game adjustments. I think looking at them and trying to draw any correlation as to what MM2 does here is reading the tea leaves a bit too close.

Can we add phappens to the allbuffs lexicon?

Doesn't matter in the slightest. Too many variables to make any kind of assessment of HCMM based on how SJSU does this year.

Back