What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What do you call the CECC?

i tend to just say Events Center, since that's what it was called when i was growing up and that's what my dad called it.

Foam Dome is the better, though.

Foam Dome usually. Never called it the Keg before, but think I'll start.

Foam Dome usually. Never called it the Keg before, but think I'll start.

I think we've got to get to a consensus here. It's part of building our CU hoops traditions. I've been a "Keg" guy and was ready to make the move to "Foam Dome". We've gotta get on the same page here. :lol:

It looks like an oversized WWII Nazi pill box.
And since the Coors family is the only family in America who can get away with naming their children "Adolph", I submit "Führerbunker".

The Keg is pretty good, too.

But it's always been the "Events Center" to me.

The Keg. Done. /Thread. Won't change my mind either, so you ****ers call it whatever you want.

The Keg is the sickest name, ive been trying to spread that lately. But then i think the student section needs a sick name having to do with beer. Even though c-unit is pretty established

Events Center but definitely in agreement we need an agreed upon term used by all CU fans & definitely something cooler than "Events Center".

Blackout for KU would be very cool.

The affect can be really cool. For their 1st home playoff game, the Thunder passed out blue t-shirts (not sure who bought/paid for it) with the logo on the front, and almost everyone in the stands put 'em on for the game. The look on the players faces was incredible when they first came out for warmups.

i've always called it the foam doam, but i like the keg too. they have the can in denver and the keg in boulder....which is as it should be.

I refer to it as the tomb. For those of you who have been to games in December and only 1,000 people would show up know why. It gets pretty creepy how silent it is.

Always called it Coors when I was there but that seems a bit lame. I'm a fan of Keg, though. Foam Dome is decent but I'm not sure it could stick.

We called it the foam dome when I was there 85 to 89 when referring to games. When we took tests in it with lap boards it was just hell.

Sadly, I've always called it "the coors events center." "foam dome" or "the keg" are much better though, and I'd be in like flyn. Let's sort this ****.

I didn't realize it was up for debate. when Coors first dropped the cash (1990?) to help build the DWAC, the CECC was unofficially dubbed the Foam Dome. Keg is funny and shape apropriate (pony keg is even more accurate) but foam dome flows better.

I refer to it as the tomb. For those of you who have been to games in December and only 1,000 people would show up know why. It gets pretty creepy how silent it is.

i've been to games where you can hear people on the other side of the arena having a normal conversation....during play.

It was always the "foam dome" to me. I always associate "the keg" with Coors Field, so downtown has the keg and the can. CECC isn't big enough to be a keg anyway. Maybe an old Coors Party Ball, but not a full keg.

Back