What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What does it take to get a Technical Foul?

GoBuffs!!

Club Member
Club Member
Last night Turgon got T'd up really quickly as CU had a fast break going down the court. Obviously he must have said something to get him a automatic T. I have heard there are a handful of things that just cannot be said. Anyone know what it is? Complaining about calls goes on constantly, as does foul language, so what is it that could have been said?

I was right behind the A&M bench, but didn't hear exactly what he said. He did T him up instantly, stopping a fastbreak we were on. I'm guessing an F-Bomb, that usually doesn't fly. Foul language happens all the time on the floor, but from coach direct to official makes them unhappy.

Last edited:
I'm surprised they stopped the play, since it was a break-away chance. He must have threatened the ref's dog or something equally serious.

I was right behind the A&M bench, but didn't hear exactly what he said. He did T him up instantly, stopping a fastbreak we were on. I'm guessing an F-Bomb, that usually doesn't fly. Foul language happens all the time on the floor, but from coach direct to official makes them unhappy.

I doubt it is the F-bomb, I have heard plenty of coaches yell that at refs with no response.

I was at the ACC tourney a few years back when UNC won the ACC and NC. We were in the upper deck, with no very good seats, and you could hear Roy Williams screaming the F-bomb at the Refs over a call he didnt like. FYI conference championships are pretty lame, and quiet a lot of the time.

I think among other things he was tired of running into Turgeon as he came down the court. Refs weren't exactly keeping up with the game....

Remember that game they stole from Oklahoma against Oregon a couple years ago? Damn. I hope the conference has tightened things up.

I remember it vividly.

Unfortunately they're not really any better. In football or basketball...

Perhaps with increased TV revenue they can afford better?

Back