What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

what effect did the hawkins disaster have on CU fans?

how do we get tyler texas as jurisdiction and venue? do we have a federal cause of action and a connection to that district?

we need a long-suffering Buff fan who is also a resident of that district to serve as our named lead plaintiff.

Tyler? Make it Southlake and DFW Buff is your man....

I have uncontrollable upsetness whenever I see a juicebox. Like, full-on Hulk upsetness. This has become a major problem at grocery stores and at my son's preschool.

I can't eat and orange slices. It is juice only for me.

I saw red flags with Hawkins from announcement day: his staff all stayed at Boise and he never had a top 25 recruiting class....
Why did CU get rid of Barnett again???... could all of this have been avoided if he would have stayed? Barnett had a wisecrack about a female punter and some money slush fund on the side, right??? wasnt he like a 3 time B12 coach of the year? must be more baggage as he has not resurfaced anywhere.

I saw red flags with Hawkins from announcement day: his staff all stayed at Boise and he never had a top 25 recruiting class....
Why did CU get rid of Barnett again???... could all of this have been avoided if he would have stayed? Barnett had a wisecrack about a female punter and some money slush fund on the side, right??? wasnt he like a 3 time B12 coach of the year? must be more baggage as he has not resurfaced anywhere.

Barnett started the string of embarrassing blowouts... 70 - 3

Barnett started the string of embarrassing blowouts... 70 - 3
Barnett wouldn't have lost to Montana state, but he sure as hell wasn't going to turn this thing around due to his recruiting limitations (both the dictated kind and the self imposed kind)

Barnett wouldn't have lost to Montana state, but he sure as hell wasn't going to turn this thing around due to his recruiting limitations (both the dictated kind and the self imposed kind)
as a NU fan the same could have been said about Solich.... makes one ponder what both schools would look like today, just sayin.

Hawkins actually had a top 15 class.

Dan hawkins created a losing culture.

Losing to csu on saturday killed any momentum cu had going into this season even though hopes weren't great.

It seems like we wait for cu to screw it up or get blown out these days.

We used to post on how much we'd win by, now it's the other way around. It sucks.

Barnett had a good run, but he had to go. Recruiting had slipped, and he couldn't be effective with the tarnish.

Barnett had a good run, but he had to go. Recruiting had slipped, and he couldn't be effective with the tarnish.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened had Barnett been available to take over as HC in 94 after McCartney retired. Personally, I think we would have continued to be very good.

I would hope after this season the affect of Hawkins's afterbirth will have little impact on the state of the program.

Prior to CU he had a top 15? I sure dont remember it that way.

You just said he never had a top 25 class. Anyway, even Chris Peterson struggles to get top 25 classes. Mid major coaches typically aren't hired by bigger schools based on recruiting rankings.

I would hope after this season the affect of Hawkins's afterbirth will have little impact on the state of the program.
the lame duck year will be affecting us for another 2 years due to the 1.5 ruined classes, and the after effects of that... hopefully they don't have an impact.

Shouldn't. Anyone who was here for HaLkins will then be in his 3rd year under Embree. We'll still have a small senior class, but that excuse will nevertheless need to be put to bed.

Hawkins set out to change the culture of the program and he did exactly that. In the end he was a fraud and a laughing stock, and in the end that's the negative brand reinforcement that the Buffs were associated with for five long years. So that's image that we're recruiting against.

As if his ridiculous coaching/recruiting decisions weren't bad enough for the first four years - the inexplicable 5th year was a clear message from the administrators that academics will always come before athletics and that winning doesn't matter at the end of the day. Our facilities are outdated and subpar. Nothing about our program says commitment to excellence, or stability, or any of the other traits a potential top-flight coaching candidate might value.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that Embree truly did inherit a program that was not only burned to the ground from mismanagement by Hawkins, but also neutered by an administration that only partially supports athletics. No one could succeed under these conditions - let alone an inexperienced Embree who has never been a HC.

I don't know where we turn next, or what pulls us out of this death spiral. But I don't think any Les Miles or Gary Kubiaks are walking through that door, so we may as well give Embree his full 4-5 years to figure it out.

The one glimmer of hope this coaching staff gives me is an ability to connect with recruits based on all of their experience playing and coaching. Give them a chance to go find a diamond-in-the-rough-program-saving-heisman candidate.

We are predisposed to sniff out crap coaching and won't buy anyone's bs anymore. We want to be shown improvement, not be told that improvement is being made.

Haven't read any of the thread beyond this. This is the correct response.

I wonder if we are putting the blame too much on Dan Hawkins and not enough on the admin? Hawkins helped get BSU's IPF built and kept BSU's winning momentum going and it continues today sans the recent loss at Michigan State. DiSteph said in a regent meeting that nothing has been done to the general seating bowl at Folsom Field since 1979 which was the year I was born. That means we have had the same bleachers for just over 33 years now.

I argued for Leach to be hired because CU is less likely to be forced to brave the elements that we would find in places such as Ames, Lincoln, Lawerence, Manhattan, Columbia, those places that get cold and windy in November. Now we have games on the west coast plus if we are going to be playing November games in Los Angeles, Tempe, and Tucson, what's the point of having an offense like we have had for many years in the Big 12? I think the admin and everyone has failed to realize that things are different in the Pac-12 than the Big 12. The Pac-12 is clearly a faster playing conference than the Big 12 and it appears to me that we still are a Big 12 team when we need to be a Pac-12 team.

Remember Bill McCartney originally had CU as a pass heavy offense until he adjusted to the Big 8 and went to the wishbone and he was successful as a result? Is that something that will eventually have to be done at a point in the future? Is that what Embree was trying to do this season? It appears to me that CU hasn't been able to transition from more of a run first offense to a more pass heavy offense under Barnett, then Hawkins, and perhaps under Embree? Did we miss the train on that one? I think that is what happened in this case. I think the changing of the game of football from it's running game roots to today's spread offenses & air it out offenses is here to stay and CU just needs to get with the times. It might be the only way to save Embree's career at CU.

Nash, are you seriously trying to give Dan Hawkins credit for any of Boise's recent success? Really?

While the PAC-12 may be a faster conference the Big 12, the fact is we were not fast enough to compete in either conference over the past several years. It should have been emphasized way before the move to the PAC-12.

Nash, are you seriously trying to give Dan Hawkins credit for any of Boise's recent success? Really?

While the PAC-12 may be a faster conference the Big 12, the fact is we were not fast enough to compete in either conference over the past several years. It should always have been and continue to be emphasized.
fify

Back