What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What happened to Askia Booker this season?

I think those 20/1 odds are with Dre coming back. We likely don't get that line if he leaves.

Ski got hurt mostly by the lack of a true 3 pt shooter on the team. Mayor really regressed this year % wise, and I don't think we had a single guy in the starting rotation crack 40% from 3. Teams accordingly packed it in against us. With the lane packed, ski had to stop driving to the rim, which really hurt his game. That could change next year, (god I hope it does).

I think Ski lost his confidence after the Charleston tourney, and he never really got it back.

He is a terrific home court/practice shooter, but he never showed up once on the road all year. Incredible that he couldn't shoot over 40% one time on the road? That's not good at all.

Next year, Ski will be better because we will have much more offensive weapons around him, so he will get more open looks and drives to the basket. If he doesn't improve, I hope Tad decreases his minutes because he is more effective when he is rested.

Ski should be watching Russ Smith tapes everyday

Ski should be watching Russ Smith tapes everyday

Like the Notre Dame tape where he tried 4 hero shots at the end of regulation and overtimes? No thanks. He already plays enough like JR Smith, he doesn't need to be watching Russ Smith (who yes, I know, I finally figured out is not JR's brother, JR's brother graduated last year. I was totally fooled by how similar the games were.)

Tini, I love your optimism, but you might want to wait to see if Dinwiddie declares before you get too excited.
I'm not too worried. First round money or top 10/lottery pick money?

Well you spent a lot of time compiling stats to argue with me, without reading what I stated. Thanks for strengthening my point!

Summary of my post above (bullet points):

I never said this team THIS year wasn't a very good team and it will obviously be better next year (assuming Spencer is back). But are we an elite 8 team? A top 10 type team in the country? Not this past season. To get to that level, we have to be better. (1)

We had guys on the floor in 2012/13 who were liabilities, and I don't see those liabilities at the top level. Askia was one of them. Does he play 1 minute in the tournament for Kansas? NO WAY. (2)

Then I make the point that Tad appears to be recruiting over the guys on the roster, meaning that guys that played this year will likely play less next year, if this incoming crop is as good as I hope and think they are. (3)

That will be the litmus test. When our backup point guard can handle the ball in pressure and not have turnovers. When the bad Skia doesn't get but 5-6 minutes because (fill in the blank freshman) is flat outplaying him... That's when we know we are taking another major step forward.

I'm comparing our top 8 players vs. the elite teams in the country. Arizona isn't considered elite, but they are a closer benchmark. We hung with them this year, thanks to effort and leadership. But we didn't have the guys they had. They don't have guys playing big minutes who have totally lost their confidence to shoot it. They just go to the next stud on the bench. Arizona is much more talented than the Buffs at this point. (4)

Even though they have a ridiculous class coming in, we are closing the gap if we eliminate having to play liabilities. Tad was forced to play plenty of those (pretty much everyone on the squad minus Spencer and Dre). Great effort guys and great coaching. But getting to that next step is going to involve guys who played this year not getting as much time next year. And I think we may see that finally. (5)

(1) We did get better. We will have a bench next year and we return a lot of experience from a NCAA tournament team. Our top 5 proved they could, and are potentially better than Illinois' top 5 in the tournament who then almost beat Miami in the next round. I never said anything about this past season, it was obvious that we weren't a top 10 team. Did we get a lot better with this recruiting class? Absolutely. Are we a top 15 team next year? IMO yes we are. Next year we are going to have nearly everything we didn't have last year.

(2) I really think you're being too tough on Ski. He had a bad season, I get that but plenty of players have a sophomore slump (Russ Smtih and Levi come to mind). Staltzer, Adams, Gamble, Chen (gone), or SHT (gone) won't be seeing much time next year. Instead, we replace them with 4* players.

(3) Good. Creates better competition in practice and makes the team better to have Freshman pushing the older guys.

(4) Arizona next year will be an elite team. They will have signed two 5*'s and will be a final four caliber team next year with Gordon electing to go to the Wildcats. They do have better talent, but we have better coaching. Sean Miller had a bench this year, we didn't. Next year, we will have a bench. It's going to come down to coaching.

(5) XJ and Scott were liabilities?

Last edited:
Maybe this is like Bakhtiari where we all thought he was an UFA then the grade came out and he is a 2nd/3rd round pick. Perhaps Dinwiddie/Roberson are graded higher than most think

I'm not too worried. First round money or top 10/lottery pick money?

The 12th pick in the draft gets a first year deal worth $1,742,400. The 26th pick gets $925,700. That's a difference of $816,700. Say he retires at the age of 35 whether he goes pro this year or next. He should be able to make up that difference with the extra year of his career.

You guys are seriously overstating what mock drafts are saying.

The 12th pick in the draft gets a first year deal worth $1,742,400. The 26th pick gets $925,700. That's a difference of $816,700. Say he retires at the age of 35 whether he goes pro this year or next. He should be able to make up that difference with the extra year of his career.

You guys are seriously overstating what mock drafts are saying.
Which is still nearly the amount people will make in their lifetime :nod:

I thought that number was higher but I don't think Spencer leaves this year.

I think Spence is gone. One reason I've kinda been hiding. I'm sad.

Oh, and new chick poster? Haha can't be real. A chick on the Internet claiming to be a huge Buffs fan and claiming to be a good cook. That's like a black astronaut or a unicorn.

Oh, and new chick poster? Haha can't be real. A chick on the Internet claiming to be a huge Buffs fan and claiming to be a good cook. That's like a black astronaut or a unicorn.

We've had 14 black astronauts make it into space.

As others have said, he's a 6th man. He has Devin Harris stamped on his forehead. End-to-end speed, ridiculous lateral quickness which allows him to get to the rim, the ability to score for himself. However, you also see the lack of point guard skills, the inability to pass the ball into the post, and as an undersized SG, he really gives up too much on the court if his shot isn't falling. On a championship caliber team, a guy like Booker is filling up the scoring off the bench where he can torch second tier players and not take the starters out of rhythm.

I think Ski can re-invent himself as a PG and primary ball handler. Ski has shown the ability to average 4+ assists per game if that's what he wants to do.

Best post I've read in a while, also love the paella reference. Who doesn't love paella? Nice work

Hi Gold,

Thx for making me feel welcome! xo That is very nice of you but I am just learning from all the experts here. :)

Have a great night!

VM

Last edited:

Thorburn said today in his chat while he hasn't talked to dinwiddie since the illinois game he hasn't heard that dinwiddie is going to the advisory committee and he expects him back.

so be happy?

Thorburn said today in his chat while he hasn't talked to dinwiddie since the illinois game he hasn't heard that dinwiddie is going to the advisory committee and he expects him back.

so be happy?

So my ignorant post wassss right :lol:

I think Ski can re-invent himself as a PG and primary ball handler. Ski has shown the ability to average 4+ assists per game if that's what he wants to do.
This. I think his best chance at really contributing in a significant way to the success of this team is to polish his PG skills.

I have a paella recipe. Tough to cook for 40 people, though.

Yeah. It would be. Based on the board these last several days, I'm thinking that Green Chile would be a serious winner for one of the gaiters, though.

I'm wondering why so many people on this board are worried about Dinwiddie leaving this year. I have not seen or heard any indication that he has even thought about it.

We're not as rare as you think

I am both of those things... and moving back to CO next month. While I have no idea how to make paella, if you'd like to test my bacon wrapped anything, challenge accepted.

PS. Thoughts on Ski, he overcompensated for his slump by taking way too many shots, hoping to force his way out of it. Once he gets out of his own head (off-season), I think he'll either get his groove back, or be completely overshadowed by all the new talent. Proving ground time.

Viva unicorns.

You're a black astronaut?

9098173-a-black-pegasus-flies-through-the-space.jpg

Back