What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What happened to Eric Bienemy?

Good for EB. He handled this ordeal with class and dignity and he landed on his feet. Others could learn from his example.

Like it or not, Bieniemy is clearly a highly respected RB coach. Good luck to him, but it clearly didn't work out for us

I am glad for Eric. He has been quiet, and flown under all the debris that his buddy waterbottle was throwing around. He is just not ready for a coordinator position yet. Good guy, was a great and motivational player for us... Good luck to him!

Some don't like to admit it. The thread is barzil has some people basically saying he isn't any good because he lucked into AP and Maurice jones-drew etc

He is a good RB coach.....just is not a good OC.

And not sure about his recruiting either after this fiasco. That might be a myth.

In retrospect, I wonder if he wouldn't have been a better HC than Embo. Not that he'd have been much better, but maybe somehow better fitted for the job - obviously he has a ways to go before anyone even gives him another shot at OC. Best of luck to him.

Cool. Good like to EB. And does this mean that the buyout is reduced? Hope so.

Cool. Good like to EB. And does this mean that the buyout is reduced? Hope so.

I doubt it. Usually (though not always) the buyout is only reduced by by a job at the same level of football, i.e. for EB another college job or for a pro coach another pro job.

He and Embree were both overmatched in the X's and O's department. I do like what they did for the culture of the program and the discipline. I also think they were both good talent evaluators. They just couldn't close the sales pitch on kids that they discovered first.

I doubt it. Usually (though not always) the buyout is only reduced by by a job at the same level of football, i.e. for EB another college job or for a pro coach another pro job.
I always thought those were purely money based. I.E. if he was making $450k a year, he still makes $450k a year, but the total is now his KC salary with CU supplementing the rest.

He and Embree were both overmatched in the X's and O's department. I do like what they did for the culture of the program and the discipline. I also think they were both good talent evaluators. They just couldn't close the sales pitch on kids that they discovered first.

WTF... They had the softest team in the country and created a culture of losing. Where the **** have you been?

Iwould have sworn that AllBuff Leaders had declared EB to be a "moron". Didn't KC get the word?

I always thought those were purely money based. I.E. if he was making $450k a year, he still makes $450k a year, but the total is now his KC salary with CU supplementing the rest.

My understanding is that they are money based but only on a "directly competing job." Since EB is going back into the pros he would get his full CU pay plus the full amount of the Chiefs pay. This also applies if a guy goes into broadcasting. i.e. when GB went to work for ESPN it had no impact on his CU buyout. Had he taken a college coaching job, even as an assistant it would have.

All this is based on my understanding of what "normally" happens in these contracts. It is possible that the contract was written to offset additional alternative sources of income or that he would recieve the money no matter what other income he got. One of our lawyers would have to look at the actual contract to determine that.

Last edited:
The talent level at CU on offense hopefully will improve. Above average talent always hide average play calling.

Iwould have sworn that AllBuff Leaders had declared EB to be a "moron". Didn't KC get the word?

I don't think Allbuffs has leaders. Moron? I remember a lot of people thinking he was in over his head as OC. Did you reach a different conclusion? If so, share it rather than insinuating that this a group-think-tank that doesn't tolerate opposing views. If you have them, share them. If you share them, support them. It's just that easy.

Bieniemy was dealt a pretty difficult hand as OC this past season. But our O was pretty bad in '11 when we had enough talent to be good. I do think it says a lot that with the very first NFL hire he was snatched up right away (as RB coach only of course)

Bieniemy was dealt a pretty difficult hand as OC this past season. But our O was pretty bad in '11 when we had enough talent to be good. I do think it says a lot that with the very first NFL hire he was snatched up right away (as RB coach only of course)
He's going to be working with a good proven winner in Andy Reed, and Charles is a great little running back. Good luck to him in KC. Reed is the best hire the Chiefs have made since Vermeil.

I do agree that Reid is the best hire KC has made since Grandpa Dick. I think Bieniemy well do well there as They do have good backs, namely Charles.

Back