1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to PT Gates?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffLuKe, May 23, 2007.

1. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Lookin at the new roster for this year on the official site and he isnt there. What tha **** is up with that thought he was supposed to come in and play right away? Anyways good news bout the Florida St. game. Im gonna try and bring my son, plus it'll be my first game in Boulder, CU game period in person, eventhough I been watchin since '85 or '86. If I do get to go Ill come here to ask for hotel info.

LuKe

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  2. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I don't think he has, or probably ever will, academically qualify.

3. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I thought he had to take some summer classes but was still on track ?

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I have no inside scoop, but he is an August enrolle, so I am not at all suprised he is not on the roster.

5. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

correct:thumbsup:

6. BuffLuKe

I hope he does all reports say hes a good back. Plus when we are gonna play a team like Florida St. that makes a living gettin after the qb, we gotta be able to run the ball better this year. Hugh is good, never been impressed with Ellis, dont know much about Moyd or Sumler. Whatever happen to that Perez guy that was supposed to be good?

LuKe

7. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Perez is gone. He was suspended because of grades and decided to leave.:sad1:

8. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I don't know about Gates, but if you are coming to Free Shoes U. for sure, I would book hotel soon if you want to be close to the stadium. There aren't many hotel rooms in close proximity and you'll end up in Interlocken if you wait to book.

9. BuffLuKe

Seems like JC guys are more trouble than they are worth for CU. This aint Kansas St. or Nebraska.

LuKe

10. BuffLuKe

Yeah my schedule just always changes is why ive waited im a single dad and work on the rigs and my sons mom is a lousy mom so I do it alone lol. I really want to be at that game for my first CU game but if not I know ill make a game this year sometime. Please dont comment on my use of punctuation i just dont feel like puttin it in there lol.

LuKe

11. staxman

staxman New Member

Hope you can work it out BuffLuke. Folsom is a great place to watch a game. YOu and your son will love it. Plus, nationally televised night games are awesome. Remember, if it doesn't happen for the FlaSt game, there's always the Oklahoma game two weeks later. :smile2: That will be a good one too. Good luck! :thumbsup:

12. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Luke-- part of the problem CU has with JUCOs is that CU won't accept ANY PE credits. So if a player has 12 hours of PE credits - those don't count at CU. That can create a problem for CU's admissions people.

13. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I have no problem with this policy.

14. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

But K-State, on the other hand, has no such policy. :lol:

15. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

If they get their 2 year degree, it makes things much easier doesn't it?

16. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

under NCAA rules, if you don't qualify out of HS and go to JC, you MUST get an associates degree to qualify for Big Boy Football.

If you do qualify out of HS, but decide to go the JC route to improve your lot, then you can go to D1 without graduating from JC.

Even then, if the school has higher than minimum standards (like CU not accepting PE credits) then you may not get in there, but could go somewhere that doesn't give a ****, like KSU or the Fuskers