1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the guy with scoop on Shanny?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Timbuff10, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

A few weeks ago in a thread someone posted that some higher ups at CU were playing golf with Shanny and sniffing around about the idea of him coming to CU and trying to feel out his response?

Maybe Shanny could bring Bates with him too as the coach in waiting or something.

Ok, now you guys can un-can you your replies about how Shanny will never happen.

2. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

I think Bates is more realistic than Shanny but then what do I know? I've never been an AD. IF....if hawkbanks gets fired at all I don't think we're going to get a home run hire that makes everyone happy. He's going to be semi-obscure from a decent but not great program and he's going to be cheap. No way are we pulling out the big guns (do we even have big guns?) to get Kelly from Cincy or someone like that. I'm not poor mouthing CU but we really don't have a ton of cash or lucrative fringe benefits to offer a top flight guy.

3. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Again... CU has tons of cash and plenty to hire a big name if they want to. A winning program will more than make up for the salary of leadership especially when you consider how much it will cost when no action is taken and Folsom is only half full on Saturdays.

Do the math and consider dwindling attendance and how much that will cost if just ten to twenty percent of the seats are empty. There is your Shanny money right there.

If we did go the cheap route, I still like Bieniemy as I don't see 'em coming much cheaper than that.

4. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

I don't think it was as much scoop, but simply that he had been contacted, and was not ready to make any decisions at this time, but would entertain some type of deal.

5. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Well, at least we know he has turned down the Skins job since then.

6. Nor Cal Buff

Nor Cal Buff Well-Known Member

Has anyone proposed Kyle Shanahan for HC with Shanny Sr. as OC and sounding board? Might be tough to recruit with the threat of Shanny Sr. going back to the NFL every year.

7. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

This. We follow UT's lead, but take a guy from the NFL that has a father and put him at OC and not DC.

I wish.....

8. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

Shanny is not going to be coming to CU. "Shanny money" is in the neighborhood of $4 mil+, and regardless the guy is pining to get back in the NFL.

Kyle is going to be coaching for his dad's new team as OC. He refused to sign a contract with Kubiak longer than 2yrs, so that he would be free when pops gets back into the league. Still, if CU wanted to approach a Shanahan, he would probably be a more likely possibility, at least his wife is a CU alum.

9. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Ahhh, I did not know that! If that isn't a stone cold lead pipe lock to make him coach, then what is?