1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if A&M declines...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by COTransplant, Jun 10, 2010.

1. COTransplant

COTransplant Club Member Club Member

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Just a hunch, but I really think that UT is doing everything it can to salvage the Big 12 in some form or another. There's no other conference that would allow them to dictate policy and procedure the same way the B12 does. If Missouri gets left out of the B10 expansion (which is seeming likely, for some crazy reason), then the loss of CU and NU can be overcome by adding any two of a combination of BYU, TCU, Memphis, SMU, Houston.
    If A&M leaves for the SEC, it really, REALLY screws with UT. And that's a good thing.

3. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

It is my understanding that UT and aTm are pretty much a package deal. UT wants nothing to do with the SEC, so I don't know where that would leave them. Would the state let them split up? I don't know.

4. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I don't know if the Pac 10 wants Baylor.

5. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I would love it if aTm went to the SEC and PAC picked up Utah to replace them. It would further weaken UT's voting block on conference issues.

6. COTransplant

COTransplant Club Member Club Member

Agreed, but if they want to get to a 16 team conference they have to replace aTm. I hope its Utah as well.

7. GoBuffs08

I would love it if aTm went to the SEC and PAC picked up Utah to replace them. It would further weaken UT's voting block on conference issues.

8. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

AtM splits with UT, MU gets screwed by the B10, PAC takes the best.

PAC takes: CU (done deal), UT, OU, KU, MU, and Houston

MWC then will merge with the rest of the Big 12 to take the Big 12 BCS standings

MWC/Big 12 is then: KSU, ISU, TT, Air Force, BYU, UU, Baylor, UNM, TCU, UNLV, SDSU, Boise State

SEC takes: Oklahoma State and Texas A&M

Left out in the cold: CSU and Wyoming

PAC-16 is a super conference with the SEC, Big 10 and a Big East/ACC
    MWC/Big12 is a tier 2 conference
    CSU, welcome to the Big Sky Conference

9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

My guessing is that A&M is going to try and see if they can get the SEC to go to 16 and take them and Baylor.

10. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I think that the Texas voting block will be stoped with the California voting block. Truthfuly, I think Texas is pretty powerful, but so is California, so they will even eachother out very well.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

The SEC would be interested in A&M but I highly doubt they'd have much interest in adding Baylor.

12. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

If another spot opens up, then I am sure the Pac10 would go to Utah. They would get another market, and wouldn't really lose much in the process. That would make the 'PacEast' ****ing awesome, and it would whittle away the power of the Texas/OK schools. We can only hope this happens.

13. GoBuffs08

Nobody wants Baylor. That is/was the problem with Texass wanting to try and force them in any package deal.

14. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

Can't see why would the SEC want Baylor, and maybe not even the ags. If I was them I'd look East; FSU, Miami, Clemson, and maybe WV, UVA or VT are all geographically closer.

15. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced Texas ever even cared. The only quotes about solidarity were from a windbag lobbyist, Ken Starr, and the state representative from the Waco district, nobody unaffiliated with Baylor ever was quoted that I saw.

16. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

17. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I think giving CU the offer effectively kills any Baylor talk.

18. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If this whole circus has taught us one thing, it should be that geography is irrelevant. It's about televisions and possible revenues. FSU and Miami, while undoubtedly strong athletically, don't add much more in the way of televisions to the conference because Florida is already there. South Carolina already provides the TVs that Clemson would bring. VT, WVU or UVA, and Maryland would all be good choices, though. However, if the SEC is serious, it will add four teams - two in the East and two in the West. If I were them, it would be VT, WVA, A&M and Oklahoma, with backups of North Carolina, Clemson, Miami, Texass & OKlahoma State.

19. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

At this point, we need Baylor in the PAC-10. We are going to need all the easy wins we can get in the new conference structure.

20. BuffaloSoldier76

BuffaloSoldier76 Unsound Meat Club Member

[video=youtube;RTbc98uqofI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTbc98uqofI&[/video]
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

dply and (deleted member) like this.
  21. The Guest

The Guest Guest

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

22. The Guest

The Guest Guest

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, this is not a double post. I just thought it was ****ing funny enough to reply twice in an effort to maximize my emoticons. Christ that's funny!

23. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Why, pray tell, would the SEC want ATM? Especially considering that they have their pick of FSU, Miami, Clemson, Va Tech, GT, WV. I'd take any of those schools over TAMU.

24. BuffaloSoldier76

BuffaloSoldier76 Unsound Meat Club Member

Because the Houston TV market is #10 in the US, and the Dallas market is #5 and eATMe gets them a slice of both. Like it or not, the Texas TV markets are a huge prize.

25. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I think your hunch is right. UT wants to keep running the Big XII. The problem with just replacing UNL and CU (if they can keep the rest of the south teams on the reservation) is that Mizzou is still probably on the Big More Than Nine's radar. Even if they only go to 12 right now, they still want ND, and if the administration in South Bend changes to the point they agree to join, I think Mizzou jumps at the chance to be #14. Then the Big XII is scraping even deeper in the barrel. If they're looking at a north division of KU, KjSU, ISU, BYU, BSU and (best case scenario for them) Utah, what kind of league are they really going to have left? They'll have to start adding in Texass, moving OU to the north, and then they've got all kinds of issues with OU and UT needing to play every year.
    If they both landed in major conferences with big $$$$$$$$, I think the state would probably be ok with that...

26. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

gives you (SEC) recruiting foothold in Houston area. not that they are lacking for talent (SEC) but i've read on Ag boards over the years that they were pretty leary of LSU crossing the border into southeast Texas and stealing blue chips.

you carve out a piece of the Houston and Dallas markets, that's the ultimate conquest.....to colonize the Great State of Texass in football. I guess.

27. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

This.

28. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

One of the more interesting things I heard out of Chipper today was that if the B12 could be salvaged, there was enough hate toward Missouri that there would be enough votes to kick Missouri out of the salvaged B12! :lol:

29. The Guest

The Guest Guest

That's a very Texas-centric view. One man's terrorist is another's freedom-fighter. I'll bet there's more sympathy for Mizzou's rabble-rousing ways outside of Texas than Chip might imagine.