1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if UNC gets in and we don't?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by DBT, Mar 8, 2011.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I'd be kind of pissed. I have kind of a hard time with some of these conferences getting automatic bids. Sorry.

2. NWD Buff

NWD Buff Club Sandwich Club Member

I think it would be awesome for UNC. Fact of the matter is that some school is going to get that bid, and I would love to them be the ones. Gonna be a tough game against Montana though.

I have no problem with the automatic bids. They are part of what makes the NCAA tournament so great. The Buffs have the opportunity to play their way in. They need to get it done.

3. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for UNC. They've earned it and this would be huge for that school.

We are our own school and situation - If we get in great, but I don't begrudge the bears a chance either.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I guess the fact that the Big XII often gets 6 teams in kind of makes it fair. And it would be nice for UNC. But I have the same issue in football when a team like Boise who play, maybe, two decent teams a year can get into a BCS game. Although, that didn't happen this year. I'm just petty.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

If we don't lose to ****** teams like USF and ISU, we are not having this discussion.

6. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

The auto bids are good for the game because they give all the little guys their shot even if they do get low seeds. In fact I don't like that 2 of the auto bids got put into the play-in game in recent years, and now 4 of the auto bids will have to play in the first round in Dayton.

7. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I'm rooting for UNC. If they get in, it is because they played their way in and won their conference championship. If we have just won the game we should have (A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma, San Fan) we wouldn't even be worried about being on the bubble right now.

8. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Take care of our own business and we won't have any problems. I have no problem with UNC getting their bid if they earn it.

9. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Only two of the auto bids have to play in Dayton. The other play-in game is the last two at large teams.

And as someone who spent a few years in Greeley, I'm loving having UNC & CU both as potential tourney teams.

10. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

All I can say is good for UNC. They are taking care of their business. We need to do the same.

11. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I would be happy for UNC!

12. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Or Oklahoma or Nebraska

13. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm rooting for UNC. Good for basketball on the Front Range. Also adds another positive point to Boyle's resume for the recruiting trail since that team is all his recruits who are still running his system.

14. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Anymore this seems to be a broken record for this program. Some terrible losses have really held them back over the years.

And GO UNC BEARS!!! :thumbsup: They've only been a D1 school for maybe 5 or 6 years I think.

15. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

This^^^^^

Add the loss at home to ATM

16. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

It would be nice to see the state of CO get multiple bids to the tournament, especially when you see the state get shut out in years past while states like Utah or Nevada have sometimes gotten multiple bids.

Tonight's game is on ESPN2 at 9pm EST, 7 MST.