What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

what if...

our current recruits are good, now there is rumbling on whitside, and possibly hinder, what if you add martin to the mix, Hawk has recruited ok

It means we have won some games to close out the season and are most likely in a bowl game, so it is probably a good sign. We have a legit shot at Whiteside, not really with Hinder or Martin IMO.

Hawk pulls a top 20 rabbit out of his recruiting hat?

There is a scenario where this could happen.

With recruiting, a strong finish would change everything.

First, all of our current commits are seeing their ratings increase or stay the same as their senior years progress. Right now, we've got an average of over 3 stars on rivals (two 4*, four 3*, one 2*). And the 2*, Uzo-Diribe, is supposed to be upgraded to a 3* at the next update. It's a small class so far, but it's strong.

Second, we're in the mix for some very good players. I won't bore you with the list, but we're right there for a number of exciting 4* and high 3* guys. Suppose we beat Kansas this weekend to make a big impression on Whiteside and others. Looking at our schedule, that gives us an excellent chance of going on a win streak and heading into the OSU game at 6-4. We'd actually control our own destiny for winning the Big 12 and be assured of a bowl game. That would also get the heat off Hawkins and give the program a lot more stability.

A top 20 class may be pushing it, but top 30 is definitely in the cards this year if we can get something going this week.

I think Hawk has excelled in two areas: 1 - getting the kids to do well off the field, and 2 - recruiting. Yes, I think Hawk is an excellent recruiter. He might not have done that great a job of developing the talent once they got here, but I thought he's done well getting them here. I do agree he did not do well targeting kids in two areas - Dline and QB, but overall, I give him a solid B+/A-.

Hawk is going to be back next year unless we completely melt down during the stretch - my opinion at least. We might as well get excited about the kids he's bringing in for the next coach in a few years...

Hawk pulls a top 20 rabbit out of his recruiting hat?
Then he has made an unbelievable recovery from where he is sitting right now....odds are less than 5%. Give me 100-1 odds, and I will bet on Hawk...

Per Rivals, our class is now at 3.29 average stars per commitment. Oklahoma State, for example, is at 2.65 but is ranked as the #20 class right now because they have 23 commitments. Stanford is ranked #15 with a 3.00 average and 22 commitments.

Don't believe for a second that we won't have a top class this year if we continue the turnaround to this season and get to a bowl game.

Even so, our best recruits have been under the radar types so this is the last thing
I am worried about. Hansen, Stewart, Jefferson, Cunningham, Pericek, West.
These guys are making huge contributions in their 1st and 2nd years on campus.
None of these guys were BCS guys.

If we get this thing going, I am OPTIMISTIC that future classes will be fantastic.

Disagree about Cunningham. He was highly touted and had other offers out there. I want to say he even played in the Under Armour game and did well, but I may be mistaken. Your point is well taken though - often stars are misleading.

Back