What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is a convincing win for the RMS?

jobuff

Club Member
Club Member
10 points? 20? sneak by with a one score win at the end?
I'd really like to see at least a 17 point margin or above. While I know we have not done that lately I feel like we need to get back to that level soon. We have an experienced team so there is no reason why we can't do that.

I would also say 17pts, lately you just want to win the game no matter what the score. But it's time CU starts trashing the sheep these next few years before we dump them.

A convincing win would be by 20+ points. A good win would be 2 scores. A win by 1 point and the Buffs start 1-0 and need 5 more wins to become bowl eligible, which is all I'm asking for this year.

Probably more about the next 364 days after the game lol not one ****ing peep by any one of those ass holes on Twitter or any "you got lucky" talk. I don't want them leaving at half time, I want them to sit through that whole game realizing this is the beginning of the end of their so called 4-6 "run" against the hippie liberals or whatever stupid ass, unoriginal, name they call us now a days.

Convincing would be game over by the end of the third quarter and forcing the television guys to come up with ways to keep viewers otherwise entertained.

Just win baby. This one and at least five more. Could be by a Margin of one point per game for all I care !!

One thing I would love would be a lead in the 4th qtr good enough to see what Montez can do. Would really like him to get some playing time when we have a comfortable lead. That is crucial to his development for the future.

One thing I would love would be a lead in the 4th qtr good enough to see what Montez can do. Would really like him to get some playing time when we have a comfortable lead. That is crucial to his development for the future.
The thing about having a big enough lead in the 4th quarter to put a backup QB in is typically all you get to see is your backup take snaps and hand the ball off, which accomplishes nothing.

Montez needs meaningful game reps to get the experience. Idaho State is a perfect opportunity once/if we have a 3 score first half lead.

The thing about having a big enough lead in the 4th quarter to put a backup QB in is typically all you get to see is your backup take snaps and hand the ball off, which accomplishes nothing.

Montez needs meaningful game reps to get the experience. Idaho State is a perfect opportunity once/if we have a 3 score first half lead.

Agree. Need to put that game away immediately and treat the last 1/2 or 3/4 as a scrimmage for Montez.

We should expect a convincing win every year. But does anyone here honestly think that is a guarantee this year, or even likely? I'd love for that to be the case, but sadly think this game is a toss up. While there are reasons to think we could be a better team this year than last, I just can't drink the Kool Aid anymore.

I'm really nervous about the offense. Not that I think it will be bad, but I think the hope for this season being a real turnaround is for it to click like the Texas Tech offense. In Kingsbury's first year, he had freshmen QBs and was taking over from Tuberville's less than dynamic offensive system. They passed for over 5,000 yards, and had 54 offensive touchdowns with another 23 field goals made (ESPN stats). That was about 35 points per game. If CU can score like that in 2016, I think we've got the defense to win a lot of games. CSU game will tell a lot, because that should be one the Buffs score in the 40s or 50s if the team is going to hit that sort of average.

I'm not sure how you categorize "convincing," but if it's to convince me that we are likely to be competitive in the pac 12 and have a possibility of going to a bowl game, I'd say a 17+ win would do that for me.

But like another has said above, just win baby. I'll take any win.

I'm really nervous about the offense. Not that I think it will be bad, but I think the hope for this season being a real turnaround is for it to click like the Texas Tech offense. In Kingsbury's first year, he had freshmen QBs and was taking over from Tuberville's less than dynamic offensive system. They passed for over 5,000 yards, and had 54 offensive touchdowns with another 23 field goals made (ESPN stats). That was about 35 points per game. If CU can score like that in 2016, I think we've got the defense to win a lot of games. CSU game will tell a lot, because that should be one the Buffs score in the 40s or 50s if the team is going to hit that sort of average.
Not sure if 40-50 points should be the expectation for this offense in game one, unless CSU is just that awful on defense (which they very well could be), but by the time Idaho State and P12 play comes around, they should have the wrinkles ironed out, hopefully sitting at 2-1 and ready open up a can on the conference.

Watch this.
The missed tackles and missed field goals. The pad level on the goal line stand. The walking or half hearted pursuit on defense. It pisses me off so bad.

Just be prepared and win. If by twenty or one, just get them ready to win.

My gosh our special teams were bad.

Watch this.
The missed tackles and missed field goals. The pad level on the goal line stand. The walking or half hearted pursuit on defense. It pisses me off so bad.

That first half was rough. Glad someone lit a fire under them at half time.

Watch this.

Lol fun game for us CU fans and glad to get a win, but **** that is some awful football all around. The kicking game looks on par with most high schools. Our DL was pretty bad in the trenches, too. Tupou and another year for Carrell should completely change the game there.

Back