What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is Chris Fowler's problem?

My understanding was that Chris Fowler is personally a fan of CU, but he wants to avoid at all costs to be labeled a homer. His persona is not of the emotional type, but the cool host who can analyze anything and keep the show going in the right direction. Being seen as a homer could hurt his career.

That said, he used to completely stay out of conversations involving CU in order to achieve this. A few times I've seen him go overboard negative on CU, maybe to overcompensate? Tonight was one of those. Or maybe what I heard about him is BS and he just doesn't like CU.

There was a story after one of the very close Nebraska losses (either when we missed a short field goal to lose or Nebraska made a last second field goal to win, can't remember which game) that Chris threw his waterbottle across the ESPN offices. Never doubt that he's a CU fan.

I remember in the late 80s when ESPN came to Boulder. Watching him, you could tell he absolutely loved being in Boulder and seeing the Buffs do well.

He has a job to do at ESPN and I respect that. Given the Buffs performance in Tempe, I'm not sure I disagree with him. We still have a lot to prove.

I talked to Fowler at a restaurant about ten or so years ago (Neuheisel era), and he told me that he still bleeds black and gold. I told him that he needed to pump the Buffs a little more on Game Day, and he basically made the same argument about his Gameday role as wispy made earlier.

By the way, he was a super nice guy. And, incidentally, I remember his wife being hot. :thumbsup:

Don't expect it to get any better on Sunday because Rich Gannon is doing the color for the Bronco game.

This is the worst trend in network football coverage these days - sending their analysts to cover teams they just retired from a couple years before. There is no way for them possibly to be objective. Expect Gannon to be a Raider homer, openly rooting for his ex-teammates on Sunday. :pissed::pissed: (Of course, this would bug me much less if a single ex-Bronco ever got a color job at any network...):huh:

It might be entertaining if NBC would send Tiki to do color work on a Giants game, though... :lol:

One of ESPNs other reporters is a UA grad and these same threads are on Bama sites. I would bet both are just trying not to be a homer.

This is the worst trend in network football coverage these days - sending their analysts to cover teams they just retired from a couple years before. There is no way for them possibly to be objective. Expect Gannon to be a Raider homer, openly rooting for his ex-teammates on Sunday. :pissed::pissed: (Of course, this would bug me much less if a single ex-Bronco ever got a color job at any network...):huh:

It might be entertaining if NBC would send Tiki to do color work on a Giants game, though... :lol:

Luckily Gannon won't have much to cheer about on Sunday.

realist, maybe the fact that ne haven't shown any reason as to why we should win a game like this. None whatso****ingever. It pisses me off but we still suck why sugarcoat it? We got ****ing manhandled by the 5th best team (maybe) in the pac 10. They might be the 8th best.

I think Tom Jackson and Mark Schlereth both do a great job and yet still show at least a little love for the Broncos.

I think Tom Jackson and Mark Schlereth both do a great job and yet still show at least a little love for the Broncos.

I agree, they're reasonable about it too since they have to be somewhat impartial. They still root for the broncos when they can get it in.

Chris Fowler and Corso talked this morning about the CU/FSU game since it features both of their alma maters. They didn't show any CU highlights, just talked about how good FSU's QB is.

But they hold analyst titles becuase they played the game. Fowler does not; he's the moderator.

I think TJ is very impartial when it comes to the Broncos, and Schlereth only slightly partial toward them, but both do a great job.

Back