What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is CU's "business plan"?

God no. Wisky's offense is about as boring as it gets. 32 Blast, 32 Blast, 21 Dive, punt.

They win. Besides, that's not really the point here. The "playbook" I was referring to is how to run a successful athletic department that's similar in size, demographics, conference affiliation, etc. with CU. Madison = Boulder. Wisconsin and Colorado have nearly identical populations. Each has a wildly popular professional football team that it must compete with for fans. There are other sporting diversions to compete with as well. Somehow, Wisconsin is able to sell out Camp Randall when the little sisters of the poor come to town. What are they doing that we aren't? Winning is part of it, but there are other components. There has to be.

Well, it all started with Alvarez. Because Wisconsin, from about the mid-60's to early-90's, was awful in both football and basketball. Think Baylor. The fan support was nowhere to be found. Enter Alvarez and their AD... they start winning, renovate Camp Randall, build Kohl Center, get Bo Ryan... and voila.

So this shows that ANY school can turn it around. Just need a few cerebral people in charge.

They win. Besides, that's not really the point here. The "playbook" I was referring to is how to run a successful athletic department that's similar in size, demographics, conference affiliation, etc. with CU. Madison = Boulder. Wisconsin and Colorado have nearly identical populations. Each has a wildly popular professional football team that it must compete with for fans. There are other sporting diversions to compete with as well. Somehow, Wisconsin is able to sell out Camp Randall when the little sisters of the poor come to town. What are they doing that we aren't? Winning is part of it, but there are other components. There has to be.

Honestly, I think Wisconsin got really lucky. I mean look at all the variables that fell into place. This example is rare. That's why I offered Iowa instead, because it just centered around Ferentz. Iowa as an AD is what it is. But with Ferentz, they are players in NCAA football. That is all we need right now. Just hire one good football coach and we are back on track.

Well, it all started with Alvarez. Because Wisconsin, from about the mid-60's to early-90's, was awful in both football and basketball. Think Baylor. The fan support was nowhere to be found. Enter Alvarez and their AD... they start winning, renovate Camp Randall, build Kohl Center, get Bo Ryan... and voila.

So this shows that ANY school can turn it around. Just need a few cerebral people in charge.

This thread is way too negative. CU needs better support from the administration, very true, but in the end we simply hired a god awful coach. Get a decent coach and things will change. CU is a great place to go to college and an easy sell with the right attitude. Apart from schools like Texas, USC, etc., I see CU as having a more natural advantage than nearly all the schools west of the Mississippi.

****stupid forum for deleting my long, well thought-out post

(this is the abbreviated version)

1. New Coach
2. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting...
3. Strength & Conditioning
4. Player development

1. Move to PAC12
2. Hire another ****ty coach
3. Remain bottom feeders
4. Make excuses for every ****ty year
5. continue with poor "fanbase"
6. Have zero support on the road
7. no bowl games

I guess it's the same business plan you have now.

1. Move to PAC12
2. Hire another ****ty coach
3. Remain bottom feeders
6. Have zero support on the road
7. no bowl games

Why are you wasting all of this premium material on us? Shouldn't you be saving your best insults for underachieving receivers? It's best if you can catch them in a parking lot after the game...

Coming from a fanbase that is, as we speak, blaming "bought off" officials for their loss to Texas (as opposed to, say, dropped passes and the inability for the offense to score TDs). Lincoln is the excuse capital of the world at the moment.

Why are you wasting all of this premium material on us? Shouldn't you be saving your best insults for underachieving receivers? It's best if you can catch them in a parking lot after the game...

Cause sCUm makes it sooo easy. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Back