What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is Greg Brown doing on defense? Worst I've ever seen...

I remember that play. My 13-year old son and I were laughing because he actually hit someone like that while they were within the boundaries of the playing field! Hope springs eternal!!!

Wasn't there a roughing the passer call on that play. Hope, my ass!

Okay, I'm better now. I'm still here, I'm still cheering, I'm still on board.

That maybe the worst idea I have ever heard. Do you know how many NFL linebackers he has produced? How many other teams have a position coach with his loyalty and devotion to a program? How many schools have a position coach that have coached multiple Butkus winners and finalists? How many LB coaches in the NCAA can show up to recruit a kid wearing an NFL championship ring? How many Island kids come here because of him? Do you think there is a reason EVERY SINGLE HC for the past 2 decades has never even thought about bringing in another LB coach? Come on I know the season is rough but we expected this might take a couple years but blaming Cabral is ridiculous in my opinion

100% agree.

For all you that wanna boot Cabral, who do we bring into replace him? Who out there has had the type of success he has had in the past? The Lb's may not be very good right now, I do agree with that, but what does he have to work with right now? Some 2* and low 3* talent? The type of recruits that Cabral used to work with, were nasty, talented, team oriented, high character, and hard working athletes. To be a great line backer i think you need all those attributes. I honestly dont know if we have a LB playing right now that does.

100% agree.

For all you that wanna boot Cabral, who do we bring into replace him? Who out there has had the type of success he has had in the past? The Lb's may not be very good right now, I do agree with that, but what does he have to work with right now? Some 2* and low 3* talent? The type of recruits that Cabral used to work with, were nasty, talented, team oriented, high character, and hard working athletes. To be a great line backer i think you need all those attributes. I honestly dont know if we have a LB playing right now that does.

Agree that firing Cabral should not cross any Buff fan's mind anytime soon. But you have to admit that the lack of talent Cabral has to work with is at least partially his own fault.

We really don't know what handcuffs D2 put on Brown & Cabral during recruiting under that simpleton's tenure. I really hope the rest of this class turns out strong.

We really don't know what handcuffs D2 put on Brown & Cabral during recruiting under that simpleton's tenure. I really hope the rest of this class turns out strong.

Correct, I have mentioned this before.

Hawk controlled where and who we recruited. Can't blame they guys who didn't make the decisions.

can we just let the staff try to put their system in place? right or wrong, embree is a leader and he has a vision. can't we at least see more than half a season before we start screaming for heads to roll?

i am not convinced he's the right guy or that particular assistants are beyond reproach, but they are just getting started. this team was not exactly plug and play. look at what they are working with.

yup yup. I have a feeling this staff excels at closing. Should be an exciting january/feb.

100% agree.

Doesn't Rippy fit the bill? We could use some more depth though. I'm excited to see how Greer develops.

Back