1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is so hard about playing WR?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by lvbuff, Sep 26, 2009.

1. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

Of course I am no coach...but running a deep post aint so hard if you have 4.4 speed...maybe when the post is mastered a flag rt can be tried...this is fairly useful if you are 6'3". Just maybe you could teach the WRs to block the guy in front of him when it is a running play...As I said I am no coach...so I would suspect that it would take at least two years for my players to learn these things.

2. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

It takes playing WR and a decent QB to tango.

3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

What's so hard about covering a WR that only knows how to run a post and a fly route?

4. Bisonic

Bisonic Member

I see wide receivers like bird dogs - wild and fast as hell, but unpredictable. Once you get them trained to do what you expect WHEN you expect it, you can't live without 'em.

5. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

:yeahthat:

I have always heard that the farther away from the ball you are, the dumber you can be. However I don't think it is necessarily true.

As easy as it is to say, "Just tell the guy to go long." Teams at this level can easily stop this. Not knowing audibles or route combinations can break down an offense pretty quick.

Plus a WR has to want to block.

6. BuffFan

BuffFan Member

The QB has to be able to hit the post route.

In Hawkins system the route changes depending on the defensive alignment. That has some WR confused.

7. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

Does any one else remember an article a while ago? It was about when Hawk was at UC-Davis as a position coach and He complained to the head couch that one of the players had to be the dumbest player ever because he was not catching on to what ever Hawk was trying to teach. The HC came back and called Hawk the dumbest coach ever because he couldn't figure out another way to teach him. I spent sometime yesterday looking for it with know luck.

History repeating?