What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is the latest on the Shabazz Muhammad/UCLA eligibility issues

Boyle is on UCLAs radar.....

Of course he is. He'd be crazy not to listen. Tad would be in the Top 10 every year if he coached there. I just hope that CU demonstrates the commitment that keeps Tad happy.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-shabazz-statement-ncaa-20121113,0,7273385.story

The family of highly touted UCLA freshman Shabazz Muhammad released the following statement exclusively to The Times on Tuesday regarding the NCAA's decision Friday to declare Muhammad ineligible for a violation of amateurism rules:

"Shabazz’s family is very distressed by the NCAA’s recent decision and the manner in which it was announced. Shabazz and his family have been cooperating with the NCAA for well over a year. Earlier this year, the NCAA asked Shabazz and his family not to reveal to each other or to the press facts related to the NCAA investigation. Despite the many untrue rumors which were circulating on the Internet, Shabazz and his family dutifully did what they were told. In order to entice Shabazz’s family and others to cooperate, the NCAA repeatedly gave assurances that it would keep details of the investigation strictly confidential. As recently as November 2012, the NCAA promised that it would not issue a Press Release.

"Last Friday, the NCAA released a Press Release which not only was wrong in its conclusions but which also inaccurately portrayed the investigation process in this case. For over a year, the NCAA has known all of the relevant facts related to its ruling last Friday. Prior to the unofficial visits in question, Ron Holmes and Ben Lincoln received approval from NCAA (through its member universities) for Mr. Lincoln (who has had a continuous close friendship with Shabazz’s family since 2007) to pay for airline tickets and hotel rooms. In 2010, Mr. Holmes openly and honestly revealed to the NCAA the source of the payments on the NCAA’s compliance form. Shabazz’s family is now faced with the situation where they are concerned that any attempt to tell more of their side of the story will result in further punitive action, as Shabazz is still under the mercy of the NCAA. Shabazz and his family will continue to honestly cooperate with the NCAA in the hopes that Shabazz soon will be allowed to play basketball at UCLA."

Of course he is. He'd be crazy not to listen. Tad would be in the Top 10 every year if he coached there. I just hope that CU demonstrates the commitment that keeps Tad happy.

No doubt, UCLA is a plum job, but with it comes the microscope. If I were Tad, I would stay at Colorado where I am worshipped by the fanbase, pay lip service each year to how important UCLA is to the strength the Pac 12 (like this year), and proceed to beat them like a drum each year.

I don't get the impression that Tad would have much of an interest in the UCLA job if it were to come open. Furthermore, I think he'd be pretty far down on UCLA's wish list. They're too big of a fish to hire somebody like Tad. They need a big name, and Tad's not there yet.

That said, PAY THE MAN. We can't afford to lose Tad Boyle.

This whole thing is weird, why did they wait 6 days to file an appeal? Instead they release a statement calling out the NCAA then file an appeal? Don't you kiss the NCAA's a**, file an appeal, then rip them after?

I refuse to criticize UCLA's AD. Beautiful new Pauley Pavilion, major Rose Bowl renovation, top dollar for its football coach, just about every program ranked, and I heard him say on tv the other night that in today's major college athletics if you aren't constantly moving forward with facilities then you are falling behind.

Screw the NCAA. Take it to 'em, Bruins.

I refuse to criticize UCLA's AD. Beautiful new Pauley Pavilion, major Rose Bowl renovation, top dollar for its football coach, just about every program ranked, and I heard him say on tv the other night that in today's major college athletics if you aren't constantly moving forward with facilities then you are falling behind.

Screw the NCAA. Take it to 'em, Bruins.

Bruinsnation would disagree with you, but they do seem to be doing a good job. Pauley came in $4 million under budget too.

Bruinsnation would disagree with you, but they do seem to be doing a good job. Pauley came in $4 million under budget too.

I'll take Guerrero in a heartbeat if UCLA wants to run him out of town.

Their single-minded devotion to hating that man is laudable from the perspective of blind loyalty to a cause. I swear, if it rains tomorrow, they'll blame it on Guerrero.

and they wonder why they have no credibility.

NCAA: Your Banned!

'Bazza: r u sure?

NCAA: ah nevermind

For what it's worth, I was extremely surprised and disappointed that Bazz WAS ruled ineligible in the first place. The family friend in question was well known throughout Bazz's recruiting, and his family was very open about the situation. The schools recruiting Bazz of course were a little worried about it, but the more the situation was evaluated, none of the schools had any serious concerns that the NCAA would rule him out. The NCAA continues to fail - upheld Cam Newton, come down against CU's meal hall practices, overlook USC for years (everyone knows that Bush was NOT the only one that got gifts), suspend Bazz before clearing him, etc. This is not the case of a classic program getting a favor from the NCAA, but rather, the NCAA coming around to doing the right thing.

The ban was asinine in the first place. I dislike UCLA, but it was a ridiculous, petty decision that exemplified how absurd the NCAA can be. He deserves to play

We get our first look at him tonight against Georgetown.

GAME INFORMATION
Venue: Barclays Center (18,000), in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Tip-Off Time: 6:05 p.m. MST
Television: ESPN2
TV Talent: Dan Shulman (play-by-play), Dick Vitale (analyst), Andy Katz (reporter)
Radio (UCLA Sports Network from IMG College): AM 570
Radio Talent: Chris Roberts (play-by-play), Tracy Murray (analyst)

Back