What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is the offensive gameplan?

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Aside from running on 80% of first downs and chucking it deep to PRich 2-3 times a game, I can't tell what we are trying to do on offense.

Agree 100%

Doesn't seem to have any specific identity. Of course hard to look like an offense when the OL is getting so badly beaten on both running and passing plays but it seems as if when we do something well we abandon it and we repeat the stuff that doesn't work.

The plan is as you stated, always run on first down, throw to p-rich deep and kick fg's to stay within 2 td's.

Where's the "pistol looks" Macintyre talked about this summer? Slants? Skinny posts? 3-step drop throws?

Where's the "pistol looks" Macintyre talked about this summer? Slants? Skinny posts? 3-step drop throws?

They're there, Sefo got picked on one of those slants. I agree they're too conservative, and strangely predictable for the other team. I mean, defenses really jump on some of our plays like Tecmo Bowl Style.

But at the same time, the offensive talent is just not good. PRich could start for another Pac12 team, who else could? It's just a sad state of affairs.

I've been thinking about starting a thread discussing our offensive and defensive coordination, or lack thereof. Maybe the offensive plan is to try to keep Sefo alive and burn as much clock as possible before the defense gets back on the field. :sad1:

I think it's to go three and out or try for an absurdly long field goal and hope our d gets a to that leads to a td or great field position.

I'm judging this by our Ws.

Our offensive line is offensive. I don't know how one schemes around the awfulness of that unit.

Our defense is bad bad bad. Maybe 1-2 guys at any given time on the field who could start at any other p12 team.

No bodies = coordinators look dumb.

Back