What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is this Cody Hawkins crap???

Is there any way we can get rid of Hawkins x 2 AND Ringo?

And if CH does quit the team, can we boot him from school so he's not an alum, then wipe out his records because he didn't finish?

Just wondering...

Is there any way we can get rid of Hawkins x 2 AND Ringo?

And if CH does quit the team, can we boot him from school so he's not an alum, then wipe out his records because he didn't finish?

Just wondering...

he went to school at CU so he will always be an alum

WHIW, Bohn statement did say they would retain Hawk with the concern of 'continuity of the QB position.' Sounds like it is not out of the rhealm of possibility that Cody did threaten to quit if Dad was fired.

WHIW, Bohn statement did say they would retain Hawk with the concern of 'continuity of the QB position.' Sounds like it is not out of the rhealm of possibility that Cody did threaten to quit if Dad was fired.

Now they are holding us hostage, and laughing all the way to the bank.

i wonder if at any time in his life Cody has thought that a coach, any coach, who is winning at 33% should be fired or wasn't getting the job done? because, objectively speaking, nearly all coaches get fired in CFB with that winning %.....and usually before 5 full seasons have expired.

I realize it's his dad, but he owes it to his teammates to see the bigger picture.

i wonder if at any time in his life Cody has thought that a coach, any coach, who is winning at 33% should be fired or wasn't getting the job done? because, objectively speaking, nearly all coaches get fired in CFB with that winning %.....and usually before 5 full seasons have expired.

I realize it's his dad, but he owes it to his teammates to see the bigger picture.

^^^Winner, winner...y'all know the rest.
If Cody has any chance of having a coaching career, he needs to recognize this and roll with whatever comes his way. He doesn't want to get labeled a whiny quitter before his career even begins.

^^^Winner, winner...y'all know the rest.
If Cody has any chance of having a coaching career, he needs to recognize this and roll with whatever comes his way. He doesn't want to get labeled a whiny quitter before his career even begins.

I don't care if he does quit. In fact, I would rather see him quit if that is what he is threatening. Let the world see what a quitting team they are. If I was Hirschman, I would know that most kids don't start for four years anyway (coaches sons excepted I guess) and would figure that three full games of experience would give him a leg up on whoever else is here in two years. Plus, tow years from now Mac or Les would probably have a top level QB and he will not get to play anyway. I would be going to Bohn and telling him 'If Cody quits I am fine burning my reshirt. Do it.'

I really hope that the reason we are keeping our crappy coach is so our equally crappy QB does not get upset. With everything else that has happened year, this would be the perfect ending to a season everyone except Bohn and the other dickwads running things in Boulder saw coming.

I guess there is legitimate concern that firing Coach Hawkins now would drive a rift in the team. There is a group that is still fiercely loyal to Coach Hawkins. This is also an issue with our 3 coordinators. I swear, he's like the goober version of Charlie Manson.

I guess there is legitimate concern that firing Coach Hawkins now would drive a rift in the team. There is a group that is still fiercely loyal to Coach Hawkins. This is also an issue with our 3 coordinators. I swear, he's like the goober version of Charlie Manson.

So now it isn't just the two Hawkins' holding this football program hostage, it apparently is Keisau, Collins, and Riddle, too??

Get the **** out, ALL of them.

So now it isn't just the two Hawkins' holding this football program hostage, it apparently is Keisau, Collins, and Riddle, too??

Get the **** out, ALL of them.

What are the coordinators going to do, quit? Fine. That means we don't pay them.

We have won 6 games in 2 years. Any players that loyal to our loser coach are free to transfer someplace else. The 3 coordinators are all gone end of year, if they don't like D2D getting fired, please feel free to resign effective today.

Bohn's statement didn't say that. The part about "continuity at the QB position" came from a "source" that was quoted in Henderson's article, and maybe some of the others....

+1

I was fed up with his performance as a sophomore, but I've changed my tune and have been in his corner since last year. But if this is true, that would swing me back to loathing him.

Can we substantiate this rumor before I react by saying, "ok, do it"? 'Cause historically I've really liked that young man, and I don't want to tip my hand about how I'd feel until I know for sure that it's his stance.

But once again, WHO CARES!! This season is shot anyway and we're going to be bringing in virtually and entire new staff anyway. No firings are pretty, but this one's reaching an epic proportion of ugliness and incompetence on the part of our AD.

Well played dude, love the Charlie Manson reference. Might not of meant to be funny but it struck me as such.

Back