What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What kind of a year will Chris Jenkins have in 2013-2014?

We don't have any "Alec Burks" type players on the roster. Dinwiddie is the closest with his ability to get to the line so much, but he doesn't have Burks abilty to finish the "and 1s."

This is Boyle's first team with his own players. I expect to see a lot of substitutions when guys are tired, and the dropoff won't be nearly as big as the last few years when he would bring in lineups with Chen, Adams, Tunks, Talton, Stalzer, etc. I can see the minutes being more evenly divided this year, and we should see our scoring increase if our guys are fresher. Our starters won't be so worn down, and probably won't play more than 30 minutes/game except Dinwiddie because he is so important for our offense to run smoothly.

Jenkins is a mystery because we aren't sure yet how Boyle will use him. Can't wait for the bball season!

Just so everyone knows...I've been quoted as saying this and when I had Spencer on my show he even said it, "Chris Jenkins is the best athlete on this team."

Well, if Jenk can burst onto the scene as our "poor man's Reggie Miller" this season, we're going to have a special, special year. Everything else is in place except for being able to rain 3s on an opponent.

jfd_zps55edb06d.jpg

The basketball roster has him at 6'7" 185. The guy has about 7" on me and less than 10 pounds....he's gonna look a bit more like ben mills than wesley gordon who has 1" and 45 (!!!) pounds on him.

Gordon measured out at 6'9" last year per reports out of preseason camp.

I predict in our rematch against Baylor (round of 32) he blocks Heslip's 3 point attempt at the buzzer sending us into the sweet 16. CU celebrates while Tad Boyle's son sweeps Heslip off the floor with his mop.

Just guessing but I think he is going to have some big games scoring 12 or more and maybe even hitting 20 once or twice. At the same time he is going to have more games where he scores 6 or less.

Unlike last year Tad is going to have some serious options that he can turn to on the bench. It is fair to say that outside of the starters (and maybe even 1-2 of them) playing time and touches are going to be very dependent on matchups and on who is performing in individual games.

Jenkins will have some games that are a better fit for him than others. We know that Spencer is going to play a lot, we can say the same for Scott. XJ is to talented to spend a lot of time on the bench. Ski should see a lot of floor time but may be subject ot being pulled if he has those innefective stretches that he had last year. I think that Gordon is going to see a lot of minutes.

On top of all this we have a talented class coming in. Some of them are going to take minutes as well.

Jenkins is talented enough that he certainly isn't going to sit but his time is likely to vary a lot from game to game.

My guess is less than 4ppg and one of the last players off the bench. Thomas and Fletcher will be ahead of him imo

Agree. Unless he can play D, or flat out shoot the rock like nobody else on the team, I think his minutes could be limited. There's a lot of unknowns, and a lot of guys competing for those minutes, so double digits is laughable based on what we've seen and heard.

Agree. Unless he can play D, or flat out shoot the rock like nobody else on the team, I think his minutes could be limited. There's a lot of unknowns, and a lot of guys competing for those minutes, so double digits is laughable based on what we've seen and heard.
:nod:

If Jenkins was that good he would have played last year. Our bench was awful. Iirc the reason Gordon redshirted was because of academics. The other wings we have are bigger and can get up the floor better than Jenkins imo

If Jenkins was that good he would have played last year. Our bench was awful. Iirc the reason Gordon redshirted was because of academics. The other wings we have are bigger and can get up the floor better than Jenkins imo
He made tini look thick. He's gonna be good.

I'd bet Jenkins isn't in the top 8 in minutes and/or averages less than 6.5pts/game

Foolishness...he will make his way into Top 8 in minutes by end of regular season. He has experience and he will add a true 3 position with versatility. XJ can go 3 or 4, Chris is a slasher. You're kidding yourself if you don't think we need a slasher.

Back