1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What other Programs would be looking for coaches at the end of the season?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

By my take, right now the top two programs likely to be looking for new Head coaches at the end of the season are Virgina and Colorado...

So, on a positive note, if Hawk DOES stink up the rest of this season, at least we should be the premier school looking for a coach. Can't hurt right?

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Add Maryland to the list, it sounds like Friedgen has been beached. They lost to Middle Tennessee State this weeekend...for the second straight year. Fear the Turtle? I think not...

3. Darth Snow

oh ya Maryland... still, MD is no where near the program historically CU is.

4. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

how long has saban been at 'bama? seems like they like to fire coaches every few years. sometimes for the hell of it. :smile2:

5. leftybuff

The Coaching Carousel is rapidly becoming a favorite of mine. It fills that void between bowl season and signing day nicely...

6. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

:lol: It beats nothing at all that's for sure. Now we need something interesting college football related to talk about between spring camp and the pre-season camp.

7. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

UVA, and hopefully, CU are the only two real definites right now.

Stanford... if only because there's always a shot of Harbaugh moving to the NFL.

I put Notre Dame at 50/50 because of their fickle ass fan base. I also put Florida in that cateogry tied to ND because I'm not so sure Urban Meyer wouldn't take the chance at his self proclaimed 'dream job' I doubt it though.

South Carolina, because there are always rumors of Spurrier leaving, like 5%.

aTm is always a possibility too, but I think they go for a new DC before they go for a new HC.

8. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Louisville seems to be losing patience with Kragthorpe also.

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I would have said Miami, but they appear to have gotten their sh*t together for the time being. Still way too soon at Tennessee. Michigan would have been a possibility, but they, too seem to have gotten their act together.

Arizona and Arizona State are other possibilities, as you never know what's going to happen down there. Iowa & Michigan State, too. These would be longshots.

10. leftybuff

AZ and ASU...good points. Erickson may get the moving bug. Young Stoops may get the hook, he was on thin ice last year but somehow pulled it out. We'll see.

11. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

If Arizona State has another mediocre/bad year, I can see Ericson "retiring" or simply moving to another vacancy.

12. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

ND - Charlie Weis

13. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I'd think UVA, Louisville and Arizona are prime candidates for change..

ND also if there's no BCS.. I would assume they would make a run at Meyer, be rejected and then probably go for Brian Kelly..

14. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I know he was hand picked by Barry Alvarez, but Wisconsin has seen diminishing returns under Bret Bielema. Barry left him a stocked cupboard his first year (12-1) and they've slipped to 9-4 and 7-6 in the 2 years since. They are 3-0 right now, so his seat isn't as hot as it was, but they haven't played anyone either. Big 10 schedule starts this week.

15. BuffsIn2009

BuffsIn2009 New Member

Chris Ault, who by many accounts has done a great job at Nevada, is feeling the heat after getting blanked by the Irish and ripped by the Rammies.

16. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Quit kissing CSU ass. You'd think you switched teams with all that ram love you're giving at sheep nation. :lol:

17. BuffsIn2009

BuffsIn2009 New Member

LOL! Hey, SYKO, thought I'd give Allbuffs another shot. I did briefly last year, and was overwhelmed by the format. But we'll find out if an old fart can learn new tricks.

18. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Have to admit I enjoy the Coaching Carousel and the transfer market speculation more than the actual season sometimes.

19. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Gruden?

20. BuffsIn2009

BuffsIn2009 New Member

See, I still haven't figured out how to post here! Or at least how to respond to a specific post. Let's see if THIS works.

21. Darth Snow

wait wait... you are at NB and you find Allbuffs format too much? :confused:

22. aik

Gruden is an entertaining thought. I think ND will stray from the NFL lineage on this one.

23. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

See, you're already getting the hang of it. I can't stand NB. That old forum format they use sucks. Once you learn how the vBulletin forums work you'll love em. Welcome back to Allbuffs.

24. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

In an article that was posted in the Brain Kelly thread last week, the notion of Kelly going to nd was down-played:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/th...ian_kelly's_got_wanderlust,_but_nowhere_to_go

As for UVA, they''ll probably turn to Skip Holtz or at least give him a look, although his stock is a bit down right now.

25. aik

I think Skip's going to get a definite look from them. In fact, if he shows interest the second UVA's season is over, it should be a done deal. And speaking of stock, I don't think Turner Gill's ever going to have a better season at Buffalo than he did in 2008. As long as he continues to win he'll remain a decent commodity on the market, and I secretly suspect he's one of the very few Fusker alums silently rooting for Pelini to fail.