What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What position battles are you looking forward to this Spring?

G/C-As has been mentioned the most competition along the OL will occur here. Givens and MTM are the most talented guys, but Givens is a RS Frosh and MTM is coming off his second serious knee injury in three years. If head, Iltis or Behrens can't crack into one of the guard spots, I think one of them will be the C. I don't see Eastburn or Stevens being the starting center.

With the injury to MTM, this got even more interesting. So I guess we have Givens, Head, and Behrens fighting it out for two spots?

With the injury to MTM, this got even more interesting. So I guess we have Givens, Head, and Behrens fighting it out for two spots?

No Doubt, definitely changes my thinking. I'd love to see Head step up, but I think he's a back up type player that can spell guys at both guard spots. I wonder if Head can play center?

I agree that Head is probably more of a backup type, but it would also suck to lose his experience. I doubt any options are off the table at center, so he may get a shot there.

No Doubt, definitely changes my thinking. I'd love to see Head step up, but I think he's a back up type player that can spell guys at both guard spots. I wonder if Head can play center?

So if I read these two comments correctly, you both are assuming Iltis at Center?

That is what I am assuming. I think HF slotted Iltis at center earlier in the thread as well.

Actually, the guy who was regularly out of position on long plays was Dykes IMO. Mohler was the most consistent LB on the field last year

I respectfully disagree - although I concede that Dykes and Sipili were also out of position on more plays overall - but Mohler's mistakes, even if they were fewer than others, cost the team more. Just rewatch the clip of FSU's long run that broke that game open.

I respectfully disagree - although I concede that Dykes and Sipili were also out of position on more plays overall - but Mohler's mistakes, even if they were fewer than others, cost the team more. Just rewatch the clip of FSU's long run that broke that game open.

Fair enough. I just think you're being a little harsh on Mohler and I don't think replacing him with an inexperienced redshirt freshman is an upgrade. No doubt that the front 7 has to get a lot better this year though.

Anyone have any feelers on Ryan Dannewitz....redshirted last year and is another giant on the OL...any chance he makes a push at the guard spot or is it most likely he is slotted at the tackle spot??

Anyone have any feelers on Ryan Dannewitz....redshirted last year and is another giant on the OL...any chance he makes a push at the guard spot or is it most likely he is slotted at the tackle spot??

I think he needs to stay at tackle for depth purposes.

Back