What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What positives / negatives are you seeing with the basketball team?

In the first half, the drop step on the left block into a gather & dunk was the piece I've been waiting for from his post game. If Josh can keep finishing like that then his game goes to another level. Pretty to see.

yes, FINALLY.

That guy is not even on some guy all PAC first it second teams.

In all seriousness, how do teams handle him. Single team him and he drops 20. Double or triple him up and he finds the open guy. We really are lucky to have him.

In the first half of the Washington game on ESPNU, Arizona homer color analyst, Corey Williams gave his all PAC first and second teams. Of course, there were three Wildcats on the first team. For his second team, after he listed the two Gs and Fs, he said something like, "if I have to put a five on this team, I'll have to go with Kaleb Tarczewski".

Dude is covering the CU game, so he had to have done a little research, but as far as he was concerned Josh may as well have been playing in the WCAC.

Player Pts Reb A TO Blk Stl
K. Tarczewski 9.7 6.4 0.6 1.6 1.0 0.1
J. Scott 14.1 8.8 0.6 1.1 1.3 0.8

I thought this was a positive...

[video=youtube;CAdCOw8pxdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAdCOw8pxdo&feature=share[/video]

In the first half of the Washington game on ESPNU, Arizona homer color analyst, Corey Williams gave his all PAC first and second teams. Of course, there were three Wildcats on the first team. For his second team, after he listed the two Gs and Fs, he said something like, "if I have to put a five on this team, I'll have to go with Kaleb Tarczewski".

Dude is covering the CU game, so he had to have done a little research, but as far as he was concerned Josh may as well have been playing in the WCAC.

I've said this before, but I'm a huge Miles Simon fan. I know he's a bit of a UofA homer, but still like him. I wish he hadn't gotten moved to Big 12 telecasts. I'm guessing ESPN might've done that because they were getting complaints. Corey Williams is definitely worse.

That Williams is definately a tool....he did another CU game earlier this year and was all about praising anyone and everyone that wasn't CU

I've said this before, but I'm a huge Miles Simon fan. I know he's a bit of a UofA homer, but still like him. I wish he hadn't gotten moved to Big 12 telecasts. I'm guessing ESPN might've done that because they were getting complaints. Corey Williams is definitely worse.

When we lose both Rohn and Pri and have a spot open on the bench, I want Tad to go after Simon HARD.

I thought this was a positive...

[video=youtube;CAdCOw8pxdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAdCOw8pxdo&feature=share[/video]

For those of you who weren't watching the dunk - XJ came back down the court and was trying to cover up his smile which was ear to ear.

For those of you who weren't watching the dunk - XJ came back down the court and was trying to cover up his smile which was ear to ear.

Classic Ski in the vid as well...J-Hop is getting ready to posterize UW and Ski is drifting off to the 3-point line screaming for Hopkins to pass it :lol:

When we lose both Rohn and Pri and have a spot open on the bench, I want Tad to go after Simon HARD.
I've actually been thinking that for a long time. I wouldn't get rid of anyone to get him, but I think he'd work great with the backcourt. The "Simon Says" or whatever that feature was called was great and I think he does AAU coaching. I know he lives in LA area, probably likes the lifestyle, has young kids. I do wonder if he'd move here? He could clearly use this as a stepping stone to get a better coaching job.

Anyone know why UofA terminated him? Looking around the web, there doesn't seem to be much of a reason other than they can if you ignore the rumor he slept with Lute Olsen's second wife.

Anyways, one of the more underrated analysts and takes the time for the most part to answer fans questions on Twitter.

I've actually been thinking that for a long time. I wouldn't get rid of anyone to get him, but I think he'd work great with the backcourt. The "Simon Says" or whatever that feature was called was great and I think he does AAU coaching. I know he lives in LA area, probably likes the lifestyle, has young kids. I do wonder if he'd move here? He could clearly use this as a stepping stone to get a better coaching job.

Anyone know why UofA terminated him? Looking around the web, there doesn't seem to be much of a reason other than they can if you ignore the rumor he slept with Lute Olsen's second wife.

Anyways, one of the more underrated analysts and takes the time for the most part to answer fans questions on Twitter.

And he could probably step in right now and be a top 3 recruiter in the conference.

And he could probably step in right now and be a top 3 recruiter in the conference.

As much as I'd hate to lose Pri and Rohn, the thought of Tad, Rodney and Simon on the recruiting trail next year would make it hard to complain.

As much as I'd hate to lose Pri and Rohn, the thought of Tad, Rodney and Simon on the recruiting trail next year would make it hard to complain.

Pri & Rohn are going to get their shot soon. I'm amazed they haven't yet. Luckily, we've locked down an X&O guy in Kearney. Hopefully Tad has his eyes on an AAU coach who can give us extra recruiting punch in case both of those guys leave.

I'd hate to lose them both in the same year. I've resigned myself to the fact that both are going to be HCs in D1 basketball and it's only a matter of time until another program is smart enough to hire one of them. Tad seemed surprised that he got to have both come back this year.

For 2014-15, I'd assume we'll be looking at:

Tad Boyle - HC
Pri or Rohn - Asst HC
Rodney Billups - AC
Sean Kearney - AC

If we lose both, Tad's going to have to look for a guy like Simon to come in. Looking at the timeouts during huddles this year, it seems like Bill Cartun is becoming more and more involved. Could be up for a promotion.

Pri & Rohn are going to get their shot soon. I'm amazed they haven't yet. Luckily, we've locked down an X&O guy in Kearney. Hopefully Tad has his eyes on an AAU coach who can give us extra recruiting punch in case both of those guys leave.

I thought we would lose one last year, but it was pretty quiet. I can't imagine that happening again this year. I like what Tad's done to build a pipeline for the assistant pool though.

On a rare positive note last night, Eli Stalzer contributed solid play when we really needed to regain our composure. His best minutes thus far this year may have been stabilizing us in the first half last night. We could really use this kind of contribution off the bench. Hope to see his progression continue.

At one point in the game last night. Tarczewski tried to post up against Josh Scott. I chuckled to myself "you aren't going to post up against Josh Scott buddy." Sure enough Josh swatted it away with autority.

On a rare positive note last night, Eli Stalzer contributed solid play when we really needed to regain our composure. His best minutes thus far this year may have been stabilizing us in the first half last night. We could really use this kind of contribution off the bench. Hope to see his progression continue.

This. Eli gave us a real nice spark in the first half. Pleasantly surprised.

Back