Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by fervorfactor, Sep 24, 2011.
5. Develop the talent we have on the roster
4. Work on fundamentals, blocking, tackling, lining up in the right place
3. Figure out why we can't play special teams to save out lives, and fix it.
2. Recruit the kind of talent that we lack and that we need to compete with the schools we will play, we are small, slow, and lack skills
1. Change the attitude of losing and establish a culture of winning and an identity as to who we are.
make sure that the staff, especially himself and the other new coaches, learns from this year.
get the younger guys reps.
stay optimistic and passionate.
focus on the long run.
1.) Have a come-to-Jesus meeting with Mike Bohn about non-conference scheduling.
2.) Have a come-to-Jesus meeting with Brookhart about absolutely every facet of special teams being horrendous.
3.) Have a come-to-Jesus meeting with Eric Bieniemy about getting the offense to line up correctly.
4.) Pull Castor's scholarship.
5.) Pull a rabbit out of his hat on the recruiting trail.
1. Establish what this team is going to be......if we are a RUNNING team we failed miserably at establishing any type of running game today
2. DISCIPLINE this group so that we don't beat ourselves anymore
3. Get to work on the OFFENSIVE LINE...they are not very good
4. Get BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER
5. Learn from your mistakes this year, because they won't be acceptable after this season.
Push for a easy OOC schedule.
Cut down on all the penalties.
2. Rinse mouth with mouthwash.
4. Convince top recruits to come to CU notwithstanding the performance.
5. Start working on game plan for Washington State.
I'll be more specific....what should be his priorities to have the best success this season.
Success + this season = oxymoron
It wouldn't hurt to get a bruising fullback for short yardage situations
Get those m f'in bricks back!!!!!!!!!!!
Anybody who is expecting results right now is foolish
The posts about improving recruiting crack me up.
seriously, why should you? The hole he dug us and our schedule with our talent....SERIOUSLY people.
You keep on changing your tune after every loss.
how? I didn't expect to win this game, but it frustrates me when people don't give a staff a chance. I think it is more with some of the haters are treating me right now on FB. It's easier to vent here when everybody is with me
More of your fusker brethren?
Nope, Auburn Tigers, ducks, bama/lakers/yankees/red wings/Patriots (seriously), and lammies.
1. no more Speedy returning punts.
2. no more rugby punts
3. Don't pull Castor's scholarship, but he should now be the backup kicker unless Will Oliver robs a liquor store.
4. use a minimum of motion and formations in the script we use to open the game to reduce the opportunity to screw up with formation penalties
5. use hypnosis to convince Hansen to stay in the pocket a little longer instead of taking off before he's gone through more than one or two reads.
Give them a chance? To do what? They seem to have corrected the false starts for the time being, but now we can't line up correctly. I can understand ONE five players in the backfield penalty. But two? Unacceptable. Holding play after holding play after holding play? What is up with the running game? We've got quite a few running backs, why is Rodney Stewart the ONLY RB who plays? Speaking of that running game - have we completely given up on running the ball? After making it such a huge focus of spring and fall practice, we barely even try now. Our first 3 offensive plays = 3 incomplete passes. Why does the kicker kick the ball out of bounds EVERY game? Why is the punter running left and kicking twenty (20) yard punts, only to follow that up by running right and kicking twenty yards? (The internet absolutely crucified Rick Neuheisel / Bobby Hauck when they ran the roll-out punt in 1998, but it's perfectly fine now?) Kyle Washington is the best we can do at kick returner? If we're never going to get the ball to the 20 yard line we might as well down the ball in the end zone.
I am all for a little flexibility, especially for coaches who are learning on the job. But some of this stuff is ridiculous.
-Fix the ridiculous OOC schedule
1. Get rid of dead weight on coaching staff. If you can't recruit you are no use to me.
2. Punch Bohn in the mouth for making him go to OSU
I threw out a question without having an answer. I would immediately...........
1) Bench Castor and let Oliver or even Nembot kick off.
2) Set the punt return team so it is a neutral in relation to the overall effect on the game. No Speedy. Put in anyone who can stand on the 10 yard line and catch the ball or leave it alone if it is over the head. We probably aren't going to score on a punt return. I would opt for no return guy if there is a chance the punt can reach the end zone. Lessen the risk.
3) No more rugby punts. I realize there were some concerns with the OSU return guy but it isn't Hester out there. Ole can kick straight on.
4) Devise a game plan to throw the ball down field and stretch the field. Helps the run game. Prich, Clemons and McCulloch are weapons. Use them. I'd rather see an overthrown or non catchable ball 30 yards down field than Hansen throwing 3 yards short of the first down.
5) Call out the seniors.
Greg Brown, Darian Hagan and Cabral were on the staff that recruited these players. Tired of the ****ing excuses.
Separate names with a comma.