What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What the hell is going on with Conrad Obi?

It isn't on Bandison that Nuckols was on track to qualify but then got a D in one of his last classes. Our DL recruiting has been much better then under the tail end of the Barnett regime.

So our DL recruiting has been better than ****ty? Well, by all means, give Bandison a raise!:rolleyes: I would also add there is a reason Nuckols was lightly recruited, the coaching staff knew it was taking a big risk. Honestly, if you look at our DL situation and are happy with it, I'm shocked.

Bandison, sucks at coaching... better then people give him credit for in recruiting imo. Kasa had a lot of good things to say about him

I would say the first person to ask is the DL coach. You know, the same guy that has recruited lights out for several years now and has stacked with talent.

:lol:

Has Obi even seen the field? I have never noticed him out there on the DL..

I will continue to state that this program needs to be bringing in at least 5 DL per recruiting year.. Until we make a bigger effort in DL recruiting we will continue to be mired in mediocrity.

Last edited:
I'd have to look into it more deeply, but I don't think that Coach Bandison had primary responsibility for any of the d-line recruits. He's not much of a recruiter. Hawk has acknowledged this.

Edit: Nuckols wasn't Bandison's. I remember that one. Riddle (who is a good recruiter) brought him in. Also, iirc, I think that Kasa was mostly Hawkins and Kiesau.

I think we should be teaching our D-Line whatever rushing technique is being taught to the LB's, they're the only ones getting pressure.

I think we should be teaching our D-Line whatever rushing technique is being taught to the LB's, they're the only ones getting pressure.

There's is just run around the DL trying to over power the O-Line...

There's is just run around the DL trying to over power the O-Line...

I'm not sure what you said, but I think what you meant is that they're only getting pressure because we're bringing in extra LB's to rush, and that's not true. We were getting pressure by lining up Beatty (and maybe Major once?) as a DE and only rushing 4.

I'm not sure what you said, but I think what you meant is that they're only getting pressure because we're bringing in extra LB's to rush, and that's not true. We were getting pressure by lining up Beatty (and maybe Major once?) as a DE and only rushing 4.

No what I was saying is they basically take advantage of the D-Line just straight rushing into the O-line and go around them... Its like running a 3 - 4 but in a 4 - 3 formation. In a 3 - 4 usually the D-Line just holds up the point of attack for the Blitz to come in... But 4 - 3 D Line just seems to hold up at the point of attack and the LB run in for the pressure.

Back