What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What we know about USC

Will the Buffs make it 19 straight games with a takeaway this Sat @ USC

• Yes

Votes: 74 97.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Justin M Guerriero

Club Member
Club Member
Hey all, apologies for the lack of content last week. We had some tech problems with the CUI website which wouldn't allow us to post on our own site. To make matters worse, those goobers at OSU's student newspaper never got back to me for Fraternizing with the Enemy....The Daily Trojan, USC's student paper, has gotten back to me and I'm waiting on answers from their sports editors...that'll be up Thursday.

But let's start fresh this week. Some things that stick out to me about the Trojans.

First and foremost, for those of you out there that think that based on how this season has gone for USC so far, that they are a white dwarf heading for a supernova, or in other words, on their way out of being one of the big dogs in the Pac-12, I would advise hitting the brakes on thinking such thoughts.

The team's record does not reflect the talent that's on USC's roster. This game should be a tough matchup for CU.

Essentially, the main theme I've noticed from briefly digging through some stats is this: USC had one bad performance. Against Alabama. They were massacred, but that much is expected from Nick Saban and Co. Other than that, the Trojans average 500+ yards of total offense per game.

Their offense has clicked efficiently since USC's week one blowout loss to Alabama. The Trojans punted 10 times during that contest. They've not punted more than five times since.

Since Bama, only in its game vs. the similarly talented Stanford Cardinal did USC not put up at least 400 yards of offense.

Defensively, the Trojans give up 4.3 yards per rush to opponents and surrender about 205 passing yards per game.

This is the worst stat that I found: The Trojans average 25.3 yards per punt return. Special teams is the real weak spot on this Buffaloes team. It's the one area where the "Colorado returns 56 upperclassmen this season" factor does not apply. Granted, there are offensive and defensive starters who are on the Buffs' punt team...but good god, I can just see it now...USC's Jackson Adoree makes fools of our punt team. He's returned five punts this year for 118 yards. Forgive me for having doubts that Christian Shaver and Dylan Keeney are going to help contain him.

USC's D-line has four sacks between them. The LB core has three on the year. But the Buffs' D-line has recorded five and our LBs also have three sacks on the year.

Back to USC's offense. Tailback Justin Davis is averaging 6.3 yards per carry. He will enter Saturday's game having gone two straight weeks with 120+ rushing yards. Against Stanford, he was held to 63 yards, but ran for 4.5 YPC against The Cardinal.

Do I really need to say anything about WR Juju Smith-Schuster...I think it's inevitable that he has a few catches for 20+ yards. CU's secondary has been solid, but make no mistake...multiple times this year, against almost every opponent, there have been multiple would-have-been touchdowns thrown against the Buffaloes D. I've watched many overthrows by enemy QBs from the press box and on TV this season. The bolts need to be tightened a bit as Colorado enters more difficult Pac-12 play. There were a few times at Oregon and more than a few vs OSU that opposing receivers outran our corners. Defensive backs won't win the routes every time, but if these slipups happen against Southern Cal, albeit, they have been occasional slipups, bad things are going to happen.

But who knows, with how good our receivers have looked, a solid performance by our wide outs could likely cancel out any big breakaways that USC's receivers have. Bobo, Fields, Jr., MacIntyre and Ross have been so fun to watch. They'll be a deciding factor in many more games to come.

Justin, you're like what, 20, 21, 22 years old at the absolute most?

**** you for being a better writer than I could have ever hoped to be at that age.

I know you're smart enough to realize this, but for the AllBuffs idots: the above sentence is a compliment.

**** you for being a better writer than I could have ever hoped to be at ANY age.

I know you're smart enough to realize this, but for the AllBuffs idots: the above sentence is a compliment.
FIFY!

**** you for being a better writer than I could have ever hoped to be at that age.

Quit being a dick. The kid is trying really hard.

Yes, people are offhandedly discounting USC. Their losses are to Alabama, Stanford, and Utah. By no means are they cellar dwellers. The Buffs need to have their heads screwed on tight and laser focused. It would awesome if USC looks at CU and thinks "same ol', same ol'." CU also needs to looks at USC and not just see a team with 3 losses and assume they are Oregon State.

Last edited:
Yes, people are offhandedly discounting USC. Their losses are to Alabama, Stanford, and Utah. By no means are they cellar dwellers. The Buffs need to have their heads screwed on tight and laser focused. It would awesome if USC looks at CU and thinks "same ol', same ol'." CU also needs to looks at USC and not just see a team with 3 losses and assume they are Oregon State.

Agree. The beatdown they put on ASU should get our attention.

Last edited:
This is just one game on our schedule that we got to get through. I hope we are able to pull the upset, but more than anything I hope we don't have injuries. Then we take care of ASU the following week.

...and wish we had a big TE threat to gobble up a better SC backer with coverage duty.

I think the main thing we have going is that the team doesn't see USC as an automatic loss.

In years' past we have lost this game well before playing it.

Last edited:
watching u$c vs asu Pac12 60 on sling now.
We are going to have to tackle really good on kick/punt coverage.
Their QB makes a lot of crazy/lucky throws and have the athletes to catch those crazy passes.
We have to contain the edges, most of their explosive runs are on the edge.
Did I mention they have a lot of crazy luck? cause they do. (atleast vs asu).
We can move the ball on them, it will be hard to run on them, but we should be able to.
They have athletes, and they will make plays - we just need to limit them as much as possible and don't let it get in our heads when they do.
Have to wrap up and tackle these dudes are slippery.
Have to watch the safety blitz, asu is not able to pick him up.

asu's OL actually pass block pretty well. If we give Sefo / Montez that kind of time WE WILL MOVE THE BALL. C'Mon OL pass block
we need to get Frazier involved. we are going to need some size in the middle and running with the ball.

Last edited:
Their roster is senior and junior heavy about like ours. Very experienced OL. They have a young QB

...and wish we had a big TE threat to gobble up a better SC backer with coverage duty.

Not sure you would consider him a big threat, but Irwin is supposed to be back this week. Could help.

I think we come back to earth for the next 3. But what do I know.

2 out of the next 4 wouldn't be all that bad. :barefoot:

watching u$c vs asu Pac12 60 on sling now.
We are going to have to tackle really good on kick/punt coverage.
Their QB makes a lot of crazy/lucky throws and have the athletes to catch those crazy passes.
We have to contain the edges, most of their explosive runs are on the edge.
Did I mention they have a lot of crazy luck? cause they do. (atleast vs asu).
We can move the ball on them, it will be hard to run on them, but we should be able to.
They have athletes, and they will make plays - we just need to limit them as much as possible and don't let it get in our heads when they do.
Have to wrap up and tackle these dudes are slippery.
Have to watch the safety blitz, asu is not able to pick him up.

ASU's completely ****ty defense made SC look better than they were. Rewind and watch that one ~70 yard touchdown run by Juju. He caught a short pass and started to cross the field. He had his cover back chasing him by about three yards, the other corner in front of him by about four yards, a safety downfield from him by five yards and a safety upfield by two yards; four guys bracketing him to all sides. All four ran such bad angles that JuJu runs around all of them, without being touched, for a 70yard TD were he probably ran 120 yards. It was clown-car stuff. Buffs will do much better at D so long as the offense does its thing.

What is scary is SC's front seven just violently putting the hammer down on the ASU offense...

Kool aid spiked with overconfidence leads to disappointment.

Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

OT:
Why the **** is this site so laggy?

I think we need another thread to answer the burning questions:

Does USC pay the LAPD?
How much does a house cost near the USC campus?
Where is the Rose Bowl?
What kind of activities are there in the city of Anaheim?
If CU played USC in Rancho Cucamonga, would CU still dominate?

I think we need another thread to answer the burning questions:

Does USC pay the LAPD?
How much does a house cost near the USC campus?
Where is the Rose Bowl?
What kind of activities are there in the city of Anaheim?
If CU played USC in Rancho Cucamonga, would CU still dominate?
difference between sparty and trojan

Looks like the trojan-enz released their uniform choice for Saturday's game!

il_340x270.771081346_ch47.jpg

il_340x270.320928667.jpg

University-of-Southern-California_USC-Trojans-high-heel-suede-pumps_web_grande.jpg

Last edited:
Back