1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What We Need

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sportsfan101, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Sportsfan101

Sportsfan101 Active Member

Is a Chris Naeole or Tyler Brayton-type to kick the team's ass. Someone that gives a rat's ass about the program.

I can remember when I was in practice -- probably sometime in fall of 1996 -- and Coach Neu said something to Chris Naeole that pissed him off. I can't remember exactly what Coach said, but it was something that challenged Chris' manhood. Anyway, Chris ran over to Coach, picked him up and was ready to throw him to 10 yards before someone (Victor Rogers maybe) intervened and made Chris put Coach down.

Point being that we had guys with fire then, that gave a sh*t. I'm not sure we have that same kind of fire, guys that will punch you in the mouth if you disrespect CU. We need more guys like that.

And it has to be the guys up front. To be a punch you in the mouth team, you have to have punch you in the mouth lineman. That's why I liked Kai Maivai. That's why I thought someone like Max TM, if he could stay healthy, would be huge for the program. They weren't going to put up with any BS. We need more guys like them.

2. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Attitude starts at the top.

While the entire team played the Cal game without any heart, I don't doubt that with the right head coach, many of them would get the fire back.

3. Sportsfan101

Sportsfan101 Active Member

I agree with you 100% -- attitude does start at the top. However, it's become clear to me that it WON'T come from the top. Therefore, we're going to need players that demand respect and play with an attitude. I'm not sure we've got the right...personalities....to play with a lot of fire without getting it from the coach.

4. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Fire Hawkins now. That's all that needs to be said.

5. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Atleast have Brayton hit him in the head with a helmet.

6. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

That would be nice.

7. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I would pay to see that!

8. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

In the meantime I've taken the approach that there is little I can do about so I'm gonna shrug it off until things improve. Sucks to say - and I'll still watch/listen and cheer on CU - but CU football is just one of a million things I can't control and getting too worked up about it under the current regime will only make me miserable.

9. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I'm at that point now. I don't care.... at all

10. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I arrived here about halfway through 2008. It definitely hurts a ****load less.