What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What will Juicebox say in Day Three of the B12 Media Days?

NashBuff

CSU Knob-Slobberer
I'm sure everyone knows the real reason why Dan Hawkins missed the Colorado coaches luncheon and it wasn't his daughter's wedding that held him up in the middle of Oregon.

Dude, why do we have to dread anything that this man says? Or why couldn't we clone him and Mike Bohn would get to control what he truly says. :blah:

Whatever he says, people will rip him.

I've seen him ripped for pretty much everything he could have said and I've seen him ripped for saying nothing.

I realize he hasn't done well on the field but threads like this are ridiculous.

Hawk can't win, literally. Some fans will just always despise him. He rubbed them the wrong way from day 1 with his junk in the trunk zen lunchpail bs. I am not even sure a mnc would change their minds. I don't really care what he says so long as he wins games. Since he hasn't been able to do that he just sounds like a bozo.

He will say, " I know my job is on the line this year, I will scrap my ego and play the most talented players and will be more vocal on the sidelines, we will also give every poster at allbuffs free season tix and 50 yd line seats on the east side"

Have to be honest, I could reallly give a **** about the Big 12 media days. I haven't paid attention to the 1st two days and I don't really care for what Hawk has to say today either.

The CSU game the season starts for me. Until then, I really don't think I need to invest the time to listen to Hawk go on about this and that at the Big 12 media day, radio interviews and any other media appearance from Hawk. Time to win games Hawk.

:dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2:

Over/under on mentions of "little things"?

I'd go with 5.

We may even get treated to some brand new euphamisms. "Buckle down", or "turn it up", or something similar will almost certainly make an appearance.

Much more interested in Pac 10 media days this year to be honest. May actually have some relevance to CU.

From now until September 5th, anything Hawkins says will seem annoying to all fans who are frustrated with the play of the team on the field. Whether Hawk talks about ‘working on the little things’, ‘cinching things up’, ‘getting out there and working hard’, or ‘ trying to fix the little things’. These statements won’t matter until the results on the field improve and the team wins games. After the media days we are going to start to get reports on how the QB’s are doing, how the OL is improving, who the WR are thriving under a true WR coach and have added lots of depth. We will learn there is a night and day difference in experience on the DL, and a huge talent improvement at LB, and the secondary should be the strength of the defense. All of these reports will come as with predictions for the season. All of the reports, stories, press conferences, and pre-season accolades won’t mean a thing until there are results on the field. Hawk is required to go up there and talk, but the words that he uses don’t really matter. The results on the field are going to be the measuring stick.

Today, Hawk will use “coach-isms” to describe the Buffs offseason, and the product that is going to be on the field this fall. They are only words, and we will wait and see about the results.

From now until September 5th, anything Hawkins says will seem annoying to all fans who are frustrated with the play of the team on the field. Whether Hawk talks about ‘working on the little things’, ‘cinching things up’, ‘getting out there and working hard’, or ‘ trying to fix the little things’. These statements won’t matter until the results on the field improve and the team wins games. After the media days we are going to start to get reports on how the QB’s are doing, how the OL is improving, who the WR are thriving under a true WR coach and have added lots of depth. We will learn there is a night and day difference in experience on the DL, and a huge talent improvement at LB, and the secondary should be the strength of the defense. All of these reports will come as with predictions for the season. All of the reports, stories, press conferences, and pre-season accolades won’t mean a thing until there are results on the field. Hawk is required to go up there and talk, but the words that he uses don’t really matter. The results on the field are going to be the measuring stick.

Today, Hawk will use “coach-isms” to describe the Buffs offseason, and the product that is going to be on the field this fall. They are only words, and we will wait and see about the results.
Truer words never spoken....everybody is sick of hearing the Bs...it was time to put up or shut up a year ago.

Actually there are a few words that he could say that I wouldn't mind hearing. Any words that amount to taking some kind of personal responsibility for the product on the field would be refreshing and move him closer to regaining my trust (about an 1/8th of an inch and miles to go)

Given the venue (and ego) there is no way this will happen but...

Actually there are a few words that he could say that I wouldn't mind hearing. Any words that amount to taking some kind of personal responsibility for the product on the field would be refreshing and move him closer to regaining my trust (about an 1/8th of an inch and miles to go)

Given the venue (and ego) there is no way this will happen but...

Completely agree. Would love to hear him take responsibility, but likely never will. Would also like to hear a vote of confidence for TH, but again will never happen.

Yeah, there are some things I would like to hear him say. If he said "Our running game sucked last year, and it's my job to fix that", I'd be very happy. If he came out and said that barring injury, Tyler Hansen would be the starter against CSU, I'd be happy. If he came out and said that he was glad to have found a real WR coach, I'd be happy. Addressing the real issues the team has, and not just a bunch of platitudes and euphamisms would go a long way.

Over/under on mentions of "little things"?

I'd go with 5.

I watched it on the BigXII.com site. He said "little things" 3 times in one sentence in the first minute or two. He blew past 5 before he was asked the first question. Stoops was on before him and it is amazing how different they are. I sincerely hope he can turn it around this season, but all I heard were referrences to keep doing things as they've been doing them. A few little things here and there. Solder said the same thing when he was interviewed. What's the definition of insanity again....

On a serious note, you have to wonder how many more games CU would have won if the CU QBs didn't throw to the wrong players. Turnovers and improved OL play will be the key for the Buffs and I believe the Buffs will be better in both departments this season.

On a serious note, you have to wonder how many more games CU would have won if the CU QBs didn't throw to the wrong players. Turnovers and improved OL play will be the key for the Buffs and I believe the Buffs will be better in both departments this season.

Well, apparently we were only 10 plays away from going to a bowl game, so I guess there's your answer right there.

Back