What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What will this game tell us? Fresno State version.

Many of us predicted we could go 2-0 to start the season and few before the season predicted 3-0. While they have generally played better than I thought, I still don't think we will win this game.

If we do, however, it changes my opinion of the upside potential for this year. It could also put HCMM on the path to coach of the year honors in the Pac 12 b/c if we start 3-0 including Fresno, than I would say we should quite reasonably go to a bowl game this year (we'd only have to win 3 of the 9 remaining games).

The team would really believe in themselves if they could beat Fresno after what happened last year. Should be interesting.

I believe this is a real tipping point game. Win, and I think we are bowling. We win this game and only a catastrophic meltdown would keep us from winning three of the remaining nine games.

Lose, and I think we have a real hard time finding four wins on the remaining schedule. Winning three of nine is a lot easier than four of nine.

I think this game is huge. It's huge for the program. It's huge for the players. Big, big deal.

I believe this is a real tipping point game. Win, and I think we are bowling. We win this game and only a catastrophic meltdown would keep us from winning three of the remaining nine games.

Lose, and I think we have a real hard time finding four wins on the remaining schedule. Winning three of nine is a lot easier than four of nine.

I think this game is huge. It's huge for the program. It's huge for the players. Big, big deal.

Win and it's still hard to see three wins in the remaining schedule.

Don't get me wrong, winning would be huge... just not that huge.

Win and it's still hard to see three wins in the remaining schedule.

Don't get me wrong, winning would be huge... just not that huge.
I disagree, but that's why we have threads like this. I think this is one of those special opportunities that you get every year to do something that defines your season as a success or failure.

I disagree, but that's why we have threads like this. I think this is one of those special opportunities that you get every year to do something that defines your season as a success or failure.

I think I just need more kool-aid.

I just wouldn't consider a win here and not getting three more wins a catastrophic meltdown. I also don't believe this game represents the difference between a successful season and a failed season. We could easily lose this game (which most people around here are predicting) and still have a successful season. Heck, I already consider the season successful.

100% agree.

+1

Back