1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will you be satisfied with? (not sexually)

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by cubuffs85, Mar 16, 2014.

?

What will you be satisfied with

1. Just making the Tourney

21 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Beating Pitt

42 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. playing competitively w/UF

31 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. beating UF

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Ok I was going to ask this yesterday but figured it wouldn't be fair without the draw being announced. Now that it is out, I think we can all agree that UF will need to have it worse day possible and we'll have to have our best day possible and then we'll need some breaks our way.

Personally, I'm satisfied just making the Tourney. I want to beat Pitt don't get me wrong, but after Spencer's injury, expectations changed.

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Beating Pitt

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I don't give a **** at this point.

Ok, beating Pitt

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Buffs have been completely disrespected. Got to beat Pitt and play Florida tough to turn that around.

6. PAHIBuff

PAHIBuff Club Member Club Member

Making the tournament. Buffs aren't the same w/o SD. Having said that, Pitt played a wimpy OOC schedule and went 11-7 in the ACC. It's a winnable game, probably a coin flip. I'm psyched for next year.

7. CarolinaBuff

FIFY

8. Buffnik

With Spencer, how good might we have been? Buffs and Florida played KU at about the same time and CU looked at least as good as Florida did in the matchup. Ended Oregon's undefeated season and ranked in the Top 25 at the time he went down. Buffs were positioned for one of the really good seeds this year.

9. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Just to clarify a bit more, I want to empathize satisfied with this season. Since the comments seem to be needing to beat Pitt, do we need that to validate the season?

10. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Have to beat Pitt, or it will still feel like a disappointment. If they lost, I'm sure in time, fans could step back and appreciate the season as a very good one considering all they had to persevere with

11. BuffTE41

BuffTE41 Member

Beat Pitt and the season will be a resounding success considering the loss of Dinwiddie.

12. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

I am with this sentiment - I am not surprised, but glad this team dealt with 'the challenge' and grew as a result. They could have folded and missed out all together. I voted as of today though, and I want a win and a tough fight against Florida.

13. CarolinaBuff

Beating Pitt would definitely be a success considering the Dinwiddie injury regardless of how bad we might end up losing to Florida. I was hoping for a somewhat reasonable shot at pulling a 2nd-round (3rd round :rolling_eyes:) upset and reaching the Sweet 16 but now that chance has been minimized.

14. Buffnik

Hell no. I'm not going to feel anything but proud about how this team performed this year and stoked for next year... regardless of what happens Thursday.

But I want the Buffs to shut certain people up who didn't believe in them.

I will have that satisfied, playing with house money feeling after reaching the Round of 32.

15. PAHIBuff

I'll speculate maybe a 4 or 5 seed (with 4 more wins).

16. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I think part of it for me is how the game goes Thursday, Pittsburgh isn't going to be an easy win but it should be more than doable as opposed to UF. If anyone isn't satisfied if we beat Pitt, not sure what I could say. I do think beating Pitt will shut some people up.

17. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Which games do we win? -- ASU? Cal? UofA at home w/GameDay? Utah on the road?

18. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Beat Pitt..

19. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I think if the team had finished the season hot, Cal and Utah on the road. Going 0-5 combined against Arizona and UCLA was highly disappointing but with Spencer I believe the average margin of defeat of 18 points would have been much smaller.

20. PAHIBuff

Well, 3 wins. The road games at ASU, Cal and Utah.

21. Buffnik

I think we would have won at Washington, UCLA at home, either Utah or Cal on the road, and pulled 1 out of UA home/road and ASU road.

That would have been 25-6 (14-4) heading into the Pac-12 tourney, giving the Buffs the 2-seed. Then, somewhere between 1-1 and 3-0 in the P12T.

So, today, I think we would have been sitting at 26-7 on the low end and 28-6 on the high end. With the way things shook out, that could have actually been good for a 1-seed on the high end and no worse than a 4-seed on the low end. I believe that's the type of seed we're gunning for next season.

22. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Beating Pitt, and showing up against Florida. It's hard to say what being competitive with the #1 overall seed is in their backyard (within 10 at half, within 10 at the end, within 20 at the end, not having the game get switched to another one, etc.).

23. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

How about that UW game he went down in?

24. PAHIBuff

Or that, too. :yeahthat:

25. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

We'd be a 5 or 6 with Peter Dinwiddie. Probably would have won 2 or 3 more games.

26. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Competitive for me would be within about 15 at the end of the game. We played Arizona close at the half the last two meetings and it didn't matter because the Buffs don't seem built to play a full second half when starting from behind, even if they're only trailing by about 4 points.

27. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

UCLA at home too. Allows the #2 seed in the pac 12 tournament and may allow us to make it to the finals of the Pac 12 tournament with better matchups.

28. PAHIBuff

And I'd make a gentleman's bet that Spencer Dinwiddie returns to the Buffs next year. I don't think the moon and stars line up in the NBA draft this year. As for Peter Dinwiddie, his play really tapered off this year and it seemed like we was invisible much of the season. (Non-hijack - continue with real subject.)

29. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Maybe is Spencer "Pistol Pete" Dinwiddie returns

30. FtColBuff

FtColBuff Member

We have been disrespected and we need to beat Pitt and play Florida down to the wire. This is essentially our team next year. These are the guys we are going to ppay with next season. Maybe SD comes back, but if he doesn't, this our team next year and we need to make a statement to everyone watching. Losing to Pitt doesn't help us at all.

We need Buff pride to take over. Making the tourney isn't just the expectation we should have. Proving people wrong sets the tone for next year.