What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What will you be satisfied with? (not sexually)

What will you be satisfied with

• Just making the Tourney

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Beating Pitt

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • playing competitively w/UF

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • beating UF

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
I'd like to beat Pitt and see a good effort against FL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a difference between what will satisfy me and what I'd like to see. I'm satisfied with the way things turned out, especially given the loss of Spencer halfway into the season. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see us beat Pitt and give Florida everything it can handle.

Wait...stop.

You know he said Florida, right? Not Pitt?
Yeah, and the initial win odds would be 85% UF using KenPom's rankings. Crazier **** has happpened and 20% isn't something I'm gonna hang my hat on, I'm fully prepared to get dropped by UF

20/80 for a win but I think it'll be close because of their style of play
You realize -- the game is in Orlando (113 miles from their campus), we're without our best player, they are an experienced team, Billy Donovan is one of the best coaches in the nation, and they might just be the best team in the nation?

I can't tell you how many things have to go right for us and how many things have to go wrong for them.

No one who isn't directly affiliated with the team (or an immediate family member) would give us a 20% chance. I'm su

Yeah, and the initial win odds would be 85% UF using KenPom's rankings. Crazier **** has happpened and 20% isn't something I'm gonna hang my hat on, I'm fully prepared to get dropped by UF
I think even a 15% chance is optimistic. Maybe if they have a major injury in that first game.

You realize -- the game is in Orlando (113 miles from their campus), we're without our best player, they are an experienced team, Billy Donovan is one of the best coaches in the nation, and they might just be the best team in the nation?

I can't tell you how many things have to go right for us and how many things have to go wrong for them.

No one who isn't directly affiliated with the team (or an immediate family member) would give us a 20% chance. I'm su
Cool, I didn't realize 20% was good win odds. Maybe you can go back to being indifferent to getting beat down by 20+ by UA

Beat Pitt and get to the weekend. Who knows, maybe playing Arizona a week before would be just the experience this team needs to give Florida a run.

I would hope the experience helps, but this is a team that had three chances to look competitive against Arizona this year and had the same finish each time.

Well that's what the KenPom stats say
So because KenPom says it, it must be true.

Cool, I didn't realize 20% was good win odds. Maybe you can go back to being indifferent to getting beat down by 20+ by UA
It's not but I think our odds are substantially lower than 20% given everything that I've already highlighted. Saying I'm not embarrassed losing to one of the best teams in the country that's clearly head and shoulders above us isn't the same thing as being indifferent. I want this team to win badly but I'm realistic about this teams limitations. If I felt like they were playing below their capabilities, I'd feel differently.

I initially said win vs pitt, and then compete with Florida, but considering I wasn't sure we would make the tourney after the Dinwiddie injury, I don't really have expectations for the tourney.

I initially said win vs pitt, and then compete with Florida, but considering I wasn't sure we would make the tourney after the Dinwiddie injury, I don't really have expectations for the tourney.

Spencer has proven irreplaceable, but if one player is going to make or break a team's tournament chances they're not built to go regardless. A team with Ski, Scott, XJ, and Tad Boyle should go, period.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. But the more I thought about it, even without Dinwiddie, I still want to see progress. I want this to be the start of expecting us to get past the first round. Tough, tough game coming up against Pitt, but I want to see what these youngsters are made of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spencer has proven irreplaceable, but if one player is going to make or break a team's tournament chances they're not built to go regardless. A team with Ski, Scott, XJ, and Tad Boyle should go, period.
Well one player is going to have to be a pretty big impact in cbb, if you take away any of the top teams best players, in many cases, their chances substantially diminish of a deep run.

Beating UF (and were not playing UF this early with Spencer) would be a difficult task even with him on a neutral site.

Well one player is going to have to be a pretty big impact in cbb, if you take away any of the top teams best players, in many cases, their chances substantially diminish of a deep run.

Beating UF (and were not playing UF this early with Spencer) would be a difficult task even with him on a neutral site.

I agree with that, but with Ski and the last two recruiting classes on the roster I have higher expectations. In future years Tad may recruit more players who are gone after two or three years and with the talent coming in having one of the younger teams in the conference won't be an acceptable excuse.

I agree with that, but with Ski and the last two recruiting classes on the roster I have higher expectations. In future years Tad may recruit more players who are gone after two or three years and with the talent coming in having one of the younger teams in the conference won't be an acceptable excuse.
We got a tough draw. I think it's fair to change expectations based on this than just do a "Sweet 16 or bust." I do think we're almost at the point just making the Tourney isn't good enough regardless of the draw itself. With Spencer, there's no doubt in my mind a first round dismissal and possibly even second round would've been very disappointing. Unless Pitt flat out embarrasses us, I don't think it's going to be that upsetting past maybe this weekend. I think the year itself has been a good one, winning Thursday would be icing on the cake.

We got a tough draw. I think it's fair to change expectations based on this than just do a "Sweet 16 or bust." I do think we're almost at the point just making the Tourney isn't good enough regardless of the draw itself. With Spencer, there's no doubt in my mind a first round dismissal and possibly even second round would've been very disappointing. Unless Pitt flat out embarrasses us, I don't think it's going to be that upsetting past maybe this weekend. I think the year itself has been a good one, winning Thursday would be icing on the cake.

I will be upset regardless of what round the team loses, but my expectations were still to make the tournament after seeing them match up with Arizona State at home and come out with a win. They've done a great job playing together but not being able to play 40 minutes after keeping it close with Arizona multiple times has me frustrated about what could have been.

We are at the point now that XJ, Ski and Josh HAVE to play well, not hopefully play well, to give us a chance. But, that would have been the case with Spencer as well....the good teams get contributions from all its best players.

I really like where Talton is right now, but he can't be expected to be great....same with Gordon and the freshmen. XJ, Ski and Josh have to play like top players in the nation...which I believe they are. Those three play great...we can get to Florida and scare them or beat them depending on what type of game they play. Florida beats Colorado if both teams play their A game....I don't know that the same can be said for Pittsburgh vs. Colorado.

I like how much Ski cares and how he was disappointed with last years results and doesn't want to see a repeat of that.

We are at the point now that XJ, Ski and Josh HAVE to play well, not hopefully play well, to give us a chance. But, that would have been the case with Spencer as well....the good teams get contributions from all its best players.

I really like where Talton is right now, but he can't be expected to be great....same with Gordon and the freshmen. XJ, Ski and Josh have to play like top players in the nation...which I believe they are. Those three play great...we can get to Florida and scare them or beat them depending on what type of game they play. Florida beats Colorado if both teams play their A game....I don't know that the same can be said for Pittsburgh vs. Colorado.
I don't think we need to play the flawless game that we do against UF (and then some) against Pitt to win. That said, if it's their best versus our best, you know the result.

I'm satisfied now. We got a really tough draw, so I don't expect us to play another game after Thursday.

I'm only satisfied if we DOMINATE all our opponents from here on out. I will not accept anything but the best. If we don't get to the Final Four, Tad should enter next year on the hot seat!

I'm only satisfied if we DOMINATE all our opponents from here on out. I will not accept anything but the best. If we don't get to the Final Four, Tad should enter next year on the hot seat!

Whoa now! Easy there tini! :lol:

I marked I'd be happy playing UF tough. I get that the mayor went down, but that's no reason for the players to throw in the towel and it shouldnt be for us either.

We got a tough draw, but pitt doesnt win close games. I think this is a winnable game for the buffs, and if they play together like they have been, they can tough one out. hopefully final score is 59-56.

I would be satisfied if we play competitively with Pitt which I fully expect. If we lose I would be bummed, but the season would be a success given everything that had happened. On another note, throughout our bubble watch and stuff like that we kept bashing the SEC and for good reason. I think Florida is really a heck of a team but could they be slightly overrated given their conference?

Buffs worked their asses off to hold it together after Spencer went down to get a top 8 seed. I don't want this team selling themselves short just being "happy to be here", they've proven they're capable of more than that.

I would be satisfied if we play competitively with Pitt which I fully expect. If we lose I would be bummed, but the season would be a success given everything that had happened. On another note, throughout our bubble watch and stuff like that we kept bashing the SEC and for good reason. I think Florida is really a heck of a team but could they be slightly overrated given their conference?
I didn't think of that as an option, not a bad one.

Wait, am I on Bruin Nation?

Ha. I was up late last night and went out to get some caffeine. Had sports talk on in my car and a Bruin fan called in to whatever show it was. His comment was that the Pac-12 title was the first time Alford had shown him anything as a coach.

UCLA's got a great opportunity right now, though. Kind of like USC football after the Raiders left LA, Bruins are looking at a Lakers franchise that could be less than inspiring for a while (and Stern's not around to rig some trades & draft picks for them).

Back