What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What would it take for us to hire a pie-in-the-sky candidate like....

One day you are going to post something that actually makes some sense. Did you know he is one of the 4 most successful coaches in college football the last 5 years? He's 58 - 15 since he has been at LSU. Are you going to tell me you wouldn't want that record at CU or any other program?

I thought you hated Miles, and have been trying to tell us for the last two seasons how he's outta there. No?

I thought you hated Miles, and have been trying to tell us for the last two seasons how he's outta there. No?
He's a complete enigma - I can't stand to listen to his interviews anymore because it's the same canned crap over and over. He has cost LSU at least one loss almost every year because of poor clock management. He's stubborn beyond belief - he's got a good passing quarterback in Jerrett Lee - who has already saved his ass from the wolves twice this year, but he refuses to start him. If he stars Lee against Auburn - LSU has an excellent chance of winning. Their pass defense sucks. Miles will start Jefferson instead for some unknown reason. LSU will fall behind, and then he will play Lee like he always does after Jefferson does nothing for 3/4 of the game. He made a wise decision hiring Chavis. The defense is for real, but he refuses to fire Crowton who is an idiot. I think they lose to Auburn because Miles will play Jefferson more than Lee. One thing you can't deny is his record, but it could be better with the talent they have.
What is the option for Tiger fans - do you really want to fire a coach that is 58 - 15. He's pissed off alot of Tiger fans but he keeps winning. Tell me what you do?

He's a complete enigma - I can't stand to listen to his interviews anymore because it's the same canned crap over and over. He has cost LSU at least one loss almost every year because of poor clock management. He's stubborn beyond belief - he's got a good passing quarterback in Jerrett Lee - who has already saved his ass from the wolves twice this year, but he refuses to start him. If he stars Lee against Auburn - LSU has an excellent chance of winning. Their pass defense sucks. Miles will start Jefferson instead for some unknown reason. LSU will fall behind, and then he will play Lee like he always does after Jefferson does nothing for 3/4 of the game. He made a wise decision hiring Chavis. The defense is for real, but he refuses to fire Crowton who is an idiot. I think they lose to Auburn because Miles will play Jefferson more than Lee. One thing you can't deny is his record, but it could be better with the talent they have.
What is the option for Tiger fans - do you really want to fire a coach that is 58 - 15. He's pissed off alot of Tiger fans but he keeps winning. Tell me what you do?

Well. I'm all for winning. But seriously, you've told us on more than one occassion that the boosters were going to run him out of town, in spite of his record. So you should be asking them the questions, not me.

Sadly you look to the Nubs for direction. If you have a coach everyone is enamored with and is the style your fan base likes (Pelini), then you can your 10-2 coach and move on. Otherwise you wait. W's are hard to argue with.

This is pretty accurate. The reason he manages to win isn't coaching, it's the absolutely amazing level of talent LSU has. Before everyone starts railing then about how great of a recruiter Miles is, I'd say LSU is easily just behind the Horns and Gators as far as ease of recruiting. Louisiana produces tons of stud 4 and 5* players each year. LSU hardly has to stray outside of state to put together a top 5 class. They pull mostly Louisiana guys, and go hard after 4-5 guys a year from out of state (they do very well in the Houston area), and that is it. He wins, but he holds LSU back. If the Tigers get a half decent coach they will be competing for BCS titles on a yearly basis again very soon.

One day you are going to post something that actually makes some sense. Did you know he is one of the 4 most successful coaches in college football the last 5 years? He's 58 - 15 since he has been at LSU. Are you going to tell me you wouldn't want that record at CU or any other program? Soft schedule - you are an idiot.
How many times did you have to rewrite this? :lol:

You sure changed your tune in the last couple of days.

This is pretty accurate. The reason he manages to win isn't coaching, it's the absolutely amazing level of talent LSU has. Before everyone starts railing then about how great of a recruiter Miles is, I'd say LSU is easily just behind the Horns and Gators as far as ease of recruiting. Louisiana produces tons of stud 4 and 5* players each year. LSU hardly has to stray outside of state to put together a top 5 class. They pull mostly Louisiana guys, and go hard after 4-5 guys a year from out of state (they do very well in the Houston area), and that is it. He wins, but he holds LSU back. If the Tigers get a half decent coach they will be competing for BCS titles on a yearly basis again very soon.
That's the risk - he's already won a NC and keeps winning, but he also makes some poor coaching decisions. Do you gamble and bring in a new coach? You can't knock his record. I personally don't like him. I pull for the Razorbacks every week except for the LSU game.

Last edited:
Miles can recruit no doubt but look who he is recruiting for. His game and clock management is hilarious to watch. Id pass on the Mad Hatter. He has a great record and Id love it at CU as well. Miles wouldnt have that record here.

Miles can recruit no doubt but look who he is recruiting for. His game and clock management is hilarious to watch. Id pass on the Mad Hatter. He has a great record and Id love it at CU as well. Miles wouldnt have that record here.

Exactly. He has that record by the sole fact that he is at LSU and has a roster that is one of the 2 or 3 most talented in the country every year. It's not his brilliant scheme or coaching decisions that are winning games for LSU, it's the absurd amount of talent on the roster. Like I said in my earlier post as well, LSU is one of the easiest jobs in college FB with regards to recruiting. Just one basic example... one of the most difficult positions to find is a top notch DT... Louisiana produces 3-4 a year, and LSU gets their pick of those guys. It's like that at most spots on the field.

yep and chances are they will lose all those and will have a new coach next year.
If he keeps starting Jefferson at QB you are right. If hell freezes over, and pigs fly - he starts Lee you are wrong. His ego
won't let him start Lee because then it will make him and Crowton look like jackasses - which they both are. That's why he won't have the job much longer. It is not because he lacks talent - he's got piles of it. 4 star recruits that warm the bench.

Last edited:
One day you are going to post something that actually makes some sense. Did you know he is one of the 4 most successful coaches in college football the last 5 years? He's 58 - 15 since he has been at LSU. Are you going to tell me you wouldn't want that record at CU or any other program? Soft schedule - you are an idiot.

:popcorn:
Miles won't admit it, but he's feeling the heat. If he loses 4 games again this year - he's gone. That program makes tons of money, and the boosters won't let him drag it down into mediocrity.

and another one!
He totally out coached Miles with half the talent LSU has - this will be Miles last year at LSU. The seat just got hotter!

Last edited:
If he keeps starting Jefferson at QB you are right. If hell freezes over, and pigs fly - he starts Lee you are wrong. His ego
won't let him start Lee because then it will make him and Crowton look like jackasses - which they both are. That's why he won't have the job much longer. It is not because he lacks talent - he's got piles of it. 4 star recruits that warm the bench.

Well from what I just read on the ticker, he refused to name a starter and both are gonna play lmao. This dude is priceless. Who is wrong in that case?

How many pro coaches have gone to the college ranks and have done well, I would be careful if that is the route you chose to go!

Back