What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What would you guys think of Carl Pelini at CU?

Suh was overrated? When? When he was a damn sophomore?

I can list countless players who made significant jumps DURING their careers. Suh is a badass because he is endlessly talented, not because of Carl.

When I mentioned the other day that I wish we would have gone after Bo when we had the chance, ITB mentioned Carl. what does everybody think about Carl? He seems kinda like Bo, hard nosed, good defensive guy, and we wont even be playing Nebraska anymore, so the hatred rivalry will be gone, so he'll probably be more likely to come here than if we were still in the same conference.

Thoughts? I don't really know much about the guy, just wanted to get a perspective on him.

I mentioned several times that Bo would have been an awesome choice. I wish we had gone after him before NU did. He changed that team overnight when he arrived.

I'd take Carl over D2 Dan now.

Last edited:

I can list countless players who made significant jumps DURING their careers. Suh is a badass because he is endlessly talented, not because of Carl.

Very common misconception. Suh came into the program and was overweight and slow. He was fighting to keep a starting posistion on the depth charts when the Pelinis came in and Bo and Carl motivated him to get in the weight room and improve his game because they saw his potential. Watch some of Suh's interviews he commented on this many many times.

2007 - 11th on team in Tackles, 1 Sack, 6 Tackles for Loss
2008 - 1st on team in Tackles, 7.5 Sacks, 19 Tackles for Loss, 2 Interceptions, 2 Blocked Kicks, Touchdown

Proof is in the pudding

Last edited:
Very common misconception. Suh came into the program and was overweight and slow. He was fighting to keep a starting posistion on the depth charts when the Pelinis came in and Bo and Carl motivated him to get in the weight room and improve his game because they saw his potential. Watch some of Suh's interviews he commented on this many many times.

2007 - 11th on team in Tackles, 1 Sack, 6 Tackles for Loss
2008 - 1st on team in Tackles, 7.5 Sacks, 19 Tackles for Loss, 2 Interceptions, 2 Blocked Kicks, Touchdown

Proof is in the pudding

If thats all it takes to be a good football coach, maybe we should focus on getting Jenny Craig in Boulder.

When Bo got there and heard Suh was looking to transfer to Oregon State, Bo showed him film of the NU/USC game and told him he sucked. If he stayed he would make him a player, if not, no biggie. Suh took the challenge and it panned out.

Back