1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's coach Bzz thinking these days?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by sackman, Jun 13, 2010.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Wake Forest is an ACC school that could be on the outside looking in once all the dominoes fall. Meanwhile, CU is building a brand new facility and will be expanding it's athletic budget substantially.

You gotta think he's wondering what he just signed on for.

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Even if it goes go 4 super conferences I'm sure the ACC will be one of those 4, and Wake won't get booted from the conference. So they should be fine.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

We all know Coach Bz well enough by now to know there's no chance in hell that he's going to retire as Wake Forest's basketball coach. He'll try to land an NBA job and bolt as soon as someone offers him a job as an NBA bench coach.

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Good point. Still, the way things have played out over the last week would almost seem to put CU in a better spot than WFU in many ways. More money, new recruiting grounds, new facilities, etc.

5. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

"......oh, ****"

6. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

The big question is has he paid us our 500k, could really help out in our current situation

7. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Coaching ball in the ACC is about as good as it gets. I think most Buff fans knew he would leave for a job like WF.

8. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

He's in a great basketball conference in great recruiting territory and even if Wake gets left out of a superconference he'll do a good enough job to get them to the postseason every now and then. And five years from now won't even be coaching there, so it's no real problem to him.

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

unless he's got another child in college at Wake or somewhere else in 4 years, i agree with others that Bz is likely headed back to the NBA if given a shot.

wasn't the ideal departure but it's always better to have a coach hired away than to fire....i suppose on the bright side. really like what Boyle has shown so far. right now, CU is a job that could use some "energy" from its HC.....Jeff was pretty laid back and not the most dynamic personality.

10. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

That is why he relied on McClain so much, McClain was overly dynamic that the two of them could do pretty well.

I think that is why I wanted McClain at first to have a high energy coach on the sidelines., but with that said I am very excited about Boyle