What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's it take to beat Oregon?

beat them with speed. Meaning draw them into position to over pursue utah did that to them all night. Slow things down just enough to draw them in so you can go over the top / or get the edge. Their DB's are not sound at all - pump fakes, misdirection, a full back dive occasionally to suck them in. Spruce has the potential to have a huge day.
Reverses, Qb draws and screen passes will be big gains.
On D - tight coverage and gap responsibility with an occasional edge blitz to get to the Qb. Make them throw the ball...

have a feeling the coaches have been saving Frazier for this game. Seen nothing from him and our offense has been relatively vanilla. I actually think we have some plays up our sleeves as well.

If he does what he has done the past three games (0int-0sack) we will be in a good spot.
I'm not so worried about the sacks as those are going to happen. The interceptions and badly missing on big plays is my concern. We've seen him do it before and play almost flawlessly.

I'm not so worried about the sacks as those are going to happen. The interceptions and badly missing on big plays is my concern. We've seen him do it before and play almost flawlessly.

He absolutely has the potential to put up big numbers and nail big plays. He did it often last year. Haven't seen it yet this year though. Want more big plays on the ground though. Keep the ball away from Oregon.

Duff is right, set the edge and absolutely have to tackle in space because y'all know damn well we'll see it.

Just watched the game. Sefo should be able to gash them with the option, how could you not prepare for that with Travis Wilson? Their DBs are not good, so if Sefo can hit deep guys or we get the slants or middle field plays going, we should get yards. Their O is talented, but if their QB play is just as horrendous against us as it was against UU, they are nothing special. And trick plays...we need to dial a few of those up.

I'm surprised at how terrible they looked...really, really surprised. I also love how UU piled it on!

I think the book on Oregon has been out for awhile, it's just hard to have the talent on hand to accomplish it.

-DL must penetrate and blow their misdirection stuff up
-defensive players must tackle well in open space
-offense must sustain drives

We have to run the ball and control the clock. We will not win if we try to out-gun them because Sefo will turn the ball over.

I think the book on Oregon has been out for awhile, it's just hard to have the talent on hand to accomplish it.

-DL must penetrate and blow their misdirection stuff up
-defensive players must tackle well in open space
-offense must sustain drives
I concur. Some long drives with a lot of running would be nice. First play though, I'd like to see them line up Shay where he's one on one. Play action and throw it deep. Attack their ass early.

We need some explosive plays for 20+ yards. Crucial for getting TDs stats have shown.

A little home crowd calls would be a big help too like in BB. Need the crowd for this one.

And some luck like Ole Miss against Bama.

Oregon is going to come out with their hair on fire trying to put last weeks game behind them. If we can withstand that initial shot, and keep the game close into the 4th quarter, doubts will creep into UO's heads. They'll begin to question their abilities, their coaching, their preparation, everything. If it's tied - or within one score - going into the 4th quarter, I really like our chances.

IMO you don't have the horses to win. That is, as you're playing now. This is your first PAC game this year. You're very lucky it's at home because that counts. Maybe it counts for an extra 7, maybe 10. The Bear doesn't give a sh*t about defense and neither does HIS team. From what I've seen, neither Colorado nor Oregon does these days either. Points will be scored.

That said, this game rests on your OL being able to protect Sefou for 2.5 to 3 seconds so he can attack Oregon's secondary. Their secondary is the weakest I've seen in 25 years. It should be tough rushing the ball on your end. Why? Because they're solid against your type of rushing attack IMO. On D, their front 7 are solid enough so I doubt you can run as well as you think you may be able to this weekend. Give it a try of course.

Oregon will run at will against your defense but they can't pass right now. Overall, I don't think they're demoralized-they're just pissed and you are up next. Passing is the real key for CU. That and not committing stupid penalties.

On offense, air it out and make them pay. You got a puncher's chance if you do that. Plus, it will get the crowd involved. They play poorly when a drunk stadium is screaming at them. Their running against your passing attack. High scoring game. I give you a 1 in 3 chance of pulling it off.

Best of luck

IMO you don't have the horses to win. That is, as you're playing now. This is your first PAC game this year. You're very lucky it's at home because that counts. Maybe it counts for an extra 7, maybe 10. The Bear doesn't give a sh*t about defense and neither does HIS team. From what I've seen, neither Colorado nor Oregon does these days either. Points will be scored.

That said, this game rests on your OL being able to protect Sefou for 2.5 to 3 seconds so he can attack Oregon's secondary. Their secondary is the weakest I've seen in 25 years. It should be tough rushing the ball on your end. Why? Because they're solid against your type of rushing attack IMO. On D, their front 7 are solid enough so I doubt you can run as well as you think you may be able to this weekend. Give it a try of course.

Oregon will run at will against your defense but they can't pass right now. Overall, I don't think they're demoralized-they're just pissed and you are up next. Passing is the real key for CU. That and not committing stupid penalties.

On offense, air it out and make them pay. You got a puncher's chance if you do that. Plus, it will get the crowd involved. They play poorly when a drunk stadium is screaming at them. Their running against your passing attack. High scoring game. I give you a 1 in 3 chance of pulling it off.

Best of luck
I kinda hope CU goes all out to stop their run game. That would be my plan. Put the corners and nickle backs on islands and go after their run game.

Best of luck
If you're going to make us cry, at least get our quarterback's name right.

Oregon is going to come out with their hair on fire trying to put last weeks game behind them. If we can withstand that initial shot, and keep the game close into the 4th quarter, doubts will creep into UO's heads. They'll begin to question their abilities, their coaching, their preparation, everything. If it's tied - or within one score - going into the 4th quarter, I really like our chances.
Can't argue the logic, but consistently losing close games last year makes me nervous about a tight finish. Maybe the CSU game is an indicator that this year is different.

On defense.
· Load the box, stop the run
· Trust our DB’s in some man coverage
· Get a couple of turnovers

On offense
· Run the ball successfullly
· Sefo accurate with his throws
· No turnovers

Wild cards; weather (rain is called for), Folsom needs to rock like only it can and no special teams gaffs.

Sefo must play an almost flawless game for us to win, IMO.

He absolutely has the potential to put up big numbers and nail big plays. He did it often last year. Haven't seen it yet this year though. Want more big plays on the ground though. Keep the ball away from Oregon.
So with the need for a perfect game by the QB, Liufau's shoulder deal (obviously affecting him), and being prone to missing big play opportunities this year - where is the line when a QB change needs to be made? And WHOM will that QB be? Gherke? Apsay?*

*In no way am I endorsing a quarterback change during this game, but with all of the issues posters have been making about Liufau's issues thus far this year, I'm just curious.

So with the need for a perfect game by the QB, Liufau's shoulder deal (obviously affecting him), and being prone to missing big play opportunities this year - where is the line when a QB change needs to be made? And WHOM will that QB be? Gherke? Apsay?*

*In no way am I endorsing a quarterback change during this game, but with all of the issues posters have been making about Liufau's issues thus far this year, I'm just curious.

Sefo is the best we have. I am not advocating a perfect game by any means, just a better one. I think he steps up to the plate and delivers this weekend.

let's see how they fare against a real team. The only half decent team we played put up 500 yards on us.

If they play like they did in that game and keep the quacks out of the endzone then IDC how many yards they put up.

Scoring Defense and Turnover Margin. Those are the areas that can win this game for CU.

If they play like they did in that game and keep the quacks out of the endzone then IDC how many yards they put up.

Scoring Defense and Turnover Margin. Those are the areas that can win this game for CU.
if they hold Oregon to 24 points, I'm gonna sacrifice @sweaty teets to the gods. Just saying, we haven't played anyone all that good on offense yet, so it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

Back